First cell phone suggestions?

If you end up using it, 1 gig will go very fast. But if you use it primarily as a phone and use the Internet sparingly it sounds like a great fit.

Right now I plan on just using it as a phone, and getting a GPS app to get me to and from the course. I've seen a few handy things like finding nearby restaurants, but that will be used sparingly.
Any suggestions on GPS Apps?

Right now I plan on just using it as a phone, and getting a GPS app to get me to and from the course. I've seen a few handy things like finding nearby restaurants, but that will be used sparingly.
Any suggestions on GPS Apps?
Google maps is the go to for that. Apple has their own app you can try as well.

I believe there is a native GPS/mapping app on the out of the box phone called "Maps". There are some neat integrated ways to get to it:

open the app, enter an address
search for a course, tap on the address that is displayed in the search result
ask Siri for address/directions

Also, if you make a tee time and they send you a confirming email you can tap on the date/time in the email and create a new Calendar event (the date/time/location will auto-populate in the date/time/where fields)

I believe there is a native GPS/mapping app on the out of the box phone called "Maps". There are some neat integrated ways to get to it:

open the app, enter an address
search for a course, tap on the address that is displayed in the search result
ask Siri for address/directions

Also, if you make a tee time and they send you a confirming email you can tap on the date/time in the email and create a new Calendar event (the date/time/location will auto-populate in the date/time/where fields)

That all sounds pretty convenient. I think I may like having a smartphone.

My thought is if your already "invested" with the Apple platform (iOS), then go iPhone. If you're not, then go iPhone!!

"I've come to the conclusion that it's finally time to get my first cell phone"... do yourself a favor and don't get any cell phone. What ever it is it can wait.

"I've come to the conclusion that it's finally time to get my first cell phone"... do yourself a favor and don't get any cell phone. What ever it is it can wait.
I hear what you're saying. I felt the same way for a long time. There have been many instances where a buddy was running late due to traffic, and I'm just sitting at the course waiting, and wondering. If I had a phone it all would have been fine. There was also an instance where I had to take my wife to the hospital from work, and my daughter, (who works at the same place) heard about it, and was worried sick. If I had a phone I could have let her know that it wasn't serious.
The decision to get a phone has been made. The only questions are which phone, and how much $.

Back