The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Okay, here's something for the board to ponder and discuss, as it relates to mental approach, interractions with your partner and really being part of a team. I once had a THP partner tell me the following just before we headed off to the first tee: "The only rule is this: No saying 'I'm sorry'." Thoughts?

I like it. Everyone's going to have some bad shots. Just part of the game. I personally wouldn't want my playing partner feeling guilty after a bad shot.

Okay, here's something for the board to ponder and discuss, as it relates to mental approach, interractions with your partner and really being part of a team. I once had a THP partner tell me the following just before we headed off to the first tee: "The only rule is this: No saying 'I'm sorry'." Thoughts?
I really like this, especially in a shared ball format. No use dwelling on the mistakes, you have to focus and encourage each other and believe that you can handle the next shot. Doesn't have to be a hero shot, but something you are confident can be done. "You can make this shot" is a great thing to hear from your partner.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I just stopped for a brief minute here at work........Bowed my head and prayed to God that I make it into this event.

I think not only this, but also not getting your partner get down if they do hit a bad shot - you don't want to make them feel guilty, you need the good vibes going to get them straight back on their feet

I get the sentiment, and I am a complete hypocrite in that I would tell my partner not to feel bad for a bad shot, but I would absolutely feel bad for my own bad shot. But I also have the ability to put the last shot out of mind and focus on the next shot.

For those of you who can't see me (which is hopefully all of you), I've had a huge grin on my face all day reading this thread and the engagement from everyone. So much great info from the vets and so many great questions from the community of hopefuls. What a wonderful 7 months we're all in for!

Another tip:

NEVER SAY SORRY

We aren't pros, we hit bad shots. Don't sulk. Be mad if you need to at yourself for 10 seconds then move on.....quickly.

As a continuing sign of both stability and improvement, I posted 2 handicap-lowering rounds on Saturday on a course I had never seen before. The ability to take my game places and get good results has left me with a lot of confidence in my game plan. Be conservative off the tee, get myself into the best part of my game (irons) with the best positions I can. Limit the "take your medicine" shots. Don't compound one mistake with going for a hero shot to make up for it. Let the small numbers come when they may, but avoid the big numbers. Been trying out more ideas around the green to have a larger toolkit for the short game. I'd like to drop my putting numbers by leaving myself shorter putts to begin with.

I definitely like the no apologies. We all hit bad shots. God knows I hit my share. All we can do is try our best and pick up for your partner when you can. I also like if you are on the greens help your parner read greens. I know I like to get confirmation on a read. If my partner says "yeah I like it" or something like that, I'm more likely to put a better stroke on the ball

Another tip:

NEVER SAY SORRY

We aren't pros, we hit bad shots. Don't sulk. Be mad if you need to at yourself for 10 seconds then move on.....quickly.

the Canadians are going to have a problem...

canadianstats-sorryiseethatyouarebusyright_be1e3d_3967305.jpg

For those of you who can't see me (which is hopefully all of you), I've had a huge grin on my face all day reading this thread and the engagement from everyone. So much great info from the vets and so many great questions from the community of hopefuls. What a wonderful 7 months we're all in for!

You got a smile now? Just wait to December when your cheeks hurt from smiling and your jaw drops on the floor!

Everytime I discuss #TheGrandaddy I get a huge smile. This past weekend CJ and I rode together and and we discussed it frequently with our groups. I mean how could we not get excited seeing this again...
20150516_083819_resized.jpg

Talk about a flood of memories coming back!

I get the sentiment, and I am a complete hypocrite in that I would tell my partner not to feel bad for a bad shot, but I would absolutely feel bad for my own bad shot. But I also have the ability to put the last shot out of mind and focus on the next shot.

Same here! I'd just try to hit a good shot for my partner and tell them to not worry about it, just try and make their best swing each time they hit. If it goes in the water, it's just a sacrifice to the golf gods to gain a little favor on the next shot! FYI - I'm the "my bad" guy on the basketball stereotypes video... lol

#NotTheHideawayGrass :D

You got a smile now? Just wait to December when your cheeks hurt from smiling and your jaw drops on the floor!

Everytime I discuss #TheGrandaddy I get a huge smile. This past weekend CJ and I rode together and and we discussed it frequently with our groups. I mean how could we not get excited seeing this again...
20150516_083819_resized.jpg

Talk about a flood of memories coming back!

Just makes me even more jelly haha

The comfort stations and people bringing you bluberry infused vodka lemonades made the long days much more tolerable. :D

There are many, many reasons I would love to be lucky enough to get into The Grandaddy, and the fact that blueberry infused vodka lemonades really exist is not last on the list.

I don't get the equipment side of it honestly. It takes about 5-10 swings and you kind of know and we spent hours on range

We don't have to do new clubs. #LikeOurChancesEvenBetter

You cannot imagine how amazing it is...

I mean that with 100% of my being. You can dream about it, but it will be even better than you could ever dream.

multiple rounds on amazing courses, hanging with the #Zoocrew (besides Finely :alien: ) and getting custom fit from the best in the business. Honestly I would do some incredibly embarrassing things to get back into this event. It is that good. The people, the golf, the equipment is second to none.

Sometimes I open my closet and look at the Grandaddy bag and some of the equipment that I am no longer playing, and I smile. Everytime I mark my ball with a #Hideaway marker I think of this event.. and the people that made it special.

We don't have to do new clubs. #LikeOurChancesEvenBetter
I've got to think that would help your odds of winning, but at least I'd still have my XR that can't seem to miss fairways.

You won't hear me blaming any performance issues on the best gear on the market.

I want to add that I dont think The Heez was blaming the equipment. He loves his Callaway gear and talks about it (reviews it) in each of the threads. He played well, but was speaking more about his inner mind demon. I was just relating my thoughts on equipment from The Grandaddy and why I thought/think its a non-issue, and in fact helps THPers.

The gear is amazing. The fitting was top notch, and did I mention how amazing the gear was?

I want to add that I dont think The Heez was blaming the equipment. He loves his Callaway gear and talks about it (reviews it) in each of the threads. He played well, but was speaking more about his inner mind demon. I was just relating my thoughts on equipment from The Grandaddy and why I thought/think its a non-issue, and in fact helps THPers.

The gear is amazing. The fitting was top notch, and did I mention how amazing the gear was?

Gear? What gear? :D

I am probably the biggest gear ho on the forum. Probably have the biggest mental block with equipment. Probably the hardest guy to fit. List goes on and on...

Let me say this... if you get fit by some of the best in the business for some of the best gear in the industry, there should not be doubt in your mind. I know as well as anyone the inner doubts of the monitor sessions translating to the course issues. I've never had the opportunity to be fit to the level of the guys at the grandaddy have been fortunate to have been and I really believe that I wouldn't have issues adjusting to the gear. Just my personal opinion. If the fitter at ECPC says "go with this" then I thinks that's that :)

Woah woah woah woah, what have I missed while out practicing for this badass event?

Used clubs will be issued, stock steel shafts and everything bent 2* up. Leveling the playing field. :alien:

Back