The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are OK. I can get through a round with a bit of pain and have to take it slow going down slopes.

Looks like surgery is going to be October 14th. Then hopefully the road to pain free golf will begin.

How are you after your recent problem with yours.

Slopes are hell bro. I feel ya pain and I know you are anxious to get this show on the road. Be real careful with your recovery and take it easy as long as possible. I'm having some issues with the same knee I had surgery on last October. It's funny you and I having the same type surgery in the same month. Bruthers from another Mother huh? :D Keep me posted and you have my number if you need to chat. :thumb:

Something happened yesterday on the golf course that has been bugging me. A guy showed up to our Sunday game (4 man scramble) and somehow got assigned to my team based on his insistence that he was a 12 handicap. He was wearing white Puma pants with a red Puma golf shirt, and a fancy looking old fashioned hat. He looked like a potential player. I started getting suspicious of his 12 handicap when he whiffed his tee shot on the first tee and laughed. He proceeded to whiff or shank at least 20 shots on the front 9, laughing at each one. At no point did he ever hit any shot that traveled more than 100 yards. He insisted that he putt last so that he could see the line, and regularly missed the hole by 2 feet to either side, and on at least 3 occasions hit putts that traveled less than a third of the distance to the hole. We didn't use any of his shots all day. If he had teed off from the red tees, we wouldn't have used any of his shots all day. There is no way this guy has ever sniffed 120, let alone been a 12 handicap.

I don't have a problem with his lack of skill, but I have a problem with his dishonesty/ignorance of his handicap. I didn't know him, and didn't feel it was my place to tell him that there was no way he was a 12 handicap, but he certainly cost me some money yesterday. If he shows up, I am not sure how to react. We don't play strictly by handicaps, but he had played with our group before on a day I wasn't there, and the people putting it together freaking knew that he was by far the worst player out there. All I could say to one of the organizers after we were done was "Well, we came in last, but you knew that before we teed off."

Got back from lunch to find out that yet another new client is completely without phone service right now thanks to a "mistake". Said mistake has happened more than once by the same carrier and since I actually pick up the phone when it rings, I get the brunt of it.

Slopes are hell bro. I feel ya pain and I know you are anxious to get this show on the road. Be real careful with your recovery and take it easy as long as possible. I'm having some issues with the same knee I had surgery on last October. It's funny you and I having the same type surgery in the same month. Bruthers from another Mother huh? :D Keep me posted and you have my number if you need to chat. :thumb:
yeah, slopes and going down steps. I joked that I look like a little dog that's afraid to step down off a step, when I'm simply stepping off a curb, I'm not sure which leg will best support me.

yeah, we definitely are circling in the same universe with the timing of these surgeries. I remember your MC entry video last what was it November or December with KellyBo chasing you with a 3 iron, that had to be shortly after the surgery...ha

I'll definitely be wearing that number out as time gets near, and probably afterward telling you it hurts like a SOB, as I know you'll relate. hope your issues aren't serious and get straightened out soon.

Just dealing with some relationship stress that is Morgan Cup related. It put me in a bit of a financial bind, and Richard knew that coming in, but sometimes I wish he would fully realize how important it was for me to experience this. Oh well, it will pass.

yeah, slopes and going down steps. I joked that I look like a little dog that's afraid to step down off a step, when I'm simply stepping off a curb, I'm not sure which leg will best support me.

yeah, we definitely are circling in the same universe with the timing of these surgeries. I remember your MC entry video last what was it November or December with KellyBo chasing you with a 3 iron, that had to be shortly after the surgery...ha

I'll definitely be wearing that number out as time gets near, and probably afterward telling you it hurts like a SOB, as I know you'll relate. hope your issues aren't serious and get straightened out soon.

I just got back home from the gym. My doc took me off leg presses and any type of exercise that presses down on the knees. I saw him two weeks ago and he drained fluid off my knee and gave me a shot that included an antibiotic and pain med. I see him again tomorrow for a followup and game plan. My gym time consists of riding the bike and elliptical machine plus working on my upper body. I'm trying to gain some strength back as recently I discovered I have hypothyroidism. It drains the hell out of ya and makes you feel like a show nuff old man. :beat-up: Dayuuuumm getting old is not for the weak.

Just wait until you start stepping off curbs post surgery. You talking about a sob, get ready for a pissed off one. haha they will teach you how to do the stairs, curbs, and stuff but it's still quite the challenge and since you are having both knees done, you will be an old pro in no time at all. :act-up:

I just got back home from the gym. My doc took me off leg presses and any type of exercise that presses down on the knees. I saw him two weeks ago and he drained fluid off my knee and gave me a shot that included an antibiotic and pain med. I see him again tomorrow for a followup and game plan. My gym time consists of riding the bike and elliptical machine plus working on my upper body. I'm trying to gain some strength back as recently I discovered I have hypothyroidism. It drains the hell out of ya and makes you feel like a show nuff old man. :beat-up: Dayuuuumm getting old is not for the weak.

Just wait until you start stepping off curbs post surgery. You talking about a sob, get ready for a pissed off one. haha they will teach you how to do the stairs, curbs, and stuff but it's still quite the challenge and since you are having both knees done, you will be an old pro in no time at all. :act-up:

Man that sounds like more than you probably bargained for, post surgery.

Man you have me really looking forward to this...not!!

Yeah getting old is for my parents not me..ha

KellyBo left to see our doc this morning as she has been suffering with a sore throat for over a week now. She's had chills on and off and her throat is red on both sides. I'm hoping it's not the old strep throat. She has been working extremely hard on our new home home lately. No wonder her immune system might be low. :beat-up:

Give her my best Gray, you guys have been working on that house hard and this may just be a sign it's time for a small break. I'm thinking about you guys, get well Kelly.

Man that sounds like more than you probably bargained for, post surgery.

Man you have me really looking forward to this...not!!

Yeah getting old is for my parents not me..ha

You will do fine. 95 percent of those that I know,who have gone through the TKR, feel 100 percent better. You will not miss that constant annoying pain you have been dealing with for so long. I've had three surgeries on the same knee. My last one the doc found a bunch of stuff that was torn up. I'm rough on the old knees so maybe next time I get it fixed, I'll have better success.

Give her my best Gray, you guys have been working on that house hard and this may just be a sign it's time for a small break. I'm thinking about you guys, get well Kelly.

Thanks buddy! She found out that the sore throat was a virile infection and not strep. No meds and the body will take care of it shortly :thumb:

Gawd we have some more painting to do outside and maybe things will slow down. :beat-up:

OG, hope you and KellyBo are all sorted soon

Dev - that must be hard seeing your little girl like that, fingers crossed you get some answers

Not so much a rant from me, but there has been a bit of an incident a couple streets over from us earlier - Jen called me to come upstairs and when I went to see what she was calling for, we could see smoke and flames over the top of the houses opposite us which turned out to be a flat above a shop that was alight - Link to news
Apparently the fire service have rescued someone from the flat, but keeping fingers crossed there was nobody else trapped and whoever was rescued is okay

Thinking of you guys Mr. Ricky! Hopefully some good news is in your future.

People who don't know the definition of rant.

speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way
"she was still ranting on about the unfairness of it all"

My 3 year old just got back from the doctor with a Hernia. I wouldn't RANT about it.

Really, dude? Really?

There seems to be an unusual amount of new trolls lately.

There seems to be an unusual amount of new trolls lately.

Part of growth. Fortunately with good mods and great conversation, they dont last long. We promise.

Gray, I'm gonna come up and the three of us can recover together. I hope you guys get sorted out soon.

Gray, I'm gonna come up and the three of us can recover together. I hope you guys get sorted out soon.

Any time good buddy :thumb:

People who don't know the definition of rant.

speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way
"she was still ranting on about the unfairness of it all"

My 3 year old just got back from the doctor with a Hernia. I wouldn't RANT about it.

Thank you for the lesson on the definition of rant. However, I think you may need to look up a few other words too. Community, family, compassion, caring, understanding to name a few. We here pride ourselves in those words just to name a few. Your welcome to join in with us, but please don't come around and be troll or be judgmental it really goes against what THP is all about.

Thank you for the lesson on the definition of rant. However, I think you may need to look up a few other words too. Community, family, compassion, caring, understanding to name a few. We here pride ourselves in those words just to name a few. Your welcome to join in with us, but please don't come around and be troll or be judgmental it really goes against what THP is all about.

Love ya Kev!

JM

Ricky, I went back and found your post. Man, thinking about you guys and praying for some relief and solid information man. Hang in there and if you need an ear hit me up. OG and KB - a little rest might do you both some good... :act-up: Thinking about you guys.

JM

Some people shouldn't be allowed to procreate. I am sitting here in stunned disbelief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back