Keeping Up With Your Club Distances

Chump Fries

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone know of a good app or method to keep up with:
1. Your shot distance
2. Your club choice
3. The type of shot you're trying to hit (high fade, low punch, etc.)
4. The actual results

Note, I don't want to buy one of those things where I put something in the butt of my club and tap my belt each time. I want low budget on this one.

I'm having a hard time remembering my actual distances with my new clubs vs my old clubs. I'm trying to mentally say "165 yard shot would be a high 7 fade", but I have no way of really keeping up with actual results and learning something from the data like "You never ever hit a high 7 fade well, stick to a draw"

Pen and paper?

Pen and paper?

Ha, that's my current approach :) You play enough golf and that's a lot of numbers to parse through to try and make sense of.

Might research some of the distance apps out there. Not sure they will offer the level of detail you are looking at though.

Might research some of the distance apps out there. Not sure they will offer the level of detail you are looking at though.
I used one through golf logix at one point that would probably work. You would just have to add an additional club that was '' 8i fade'' or '' 7i draw''.

Pen and paper?

Score card and a book is what I do. I just bought all new clubs, so I'm still working out distances, so I just write notes on the card, and then write them down when I get home. Once I know where I'm at, all is good. I laminate a small exel sheet and carry it my pocket with all of my specs and distances. A GPS helps as well when dealing with new clubs.

Score card and a book is what I do. I just bought all new clubs, so I'm still working out distances, so I just write notes on the card, and then write them down when I get home. Once I know where I'm at, all is good. I laminate a small exel sheet and carry it my pocket with all of my specs and distances. A GPS helps as well when dealing with new clubs.

I'll probably just end up doing that and averaging it after a while.

Arccos works really well for tracking distances and lots of other stats.

I have my full distances written down and I have three different shots for my gw,sw and lw.. I also have an idea of how far a ball will carry if I choke down on my irons.

Game golf. If you're really looking for accuracy and averages, I think that's your best bet.

Back