The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
My company is owned by a larger company, but we pretty much operate with total autonomy. However, after our admin girl left, they decided that corporate would handle some of our accounting and basic admin stuff. That includes cell phones.

Anyway, this past weekend at LIITA I noticed some issues with my phone. People were texting me and I wasn't getting their texts. So trying to coordinate leaving for the course with Bret or meeting up with Wardy got more complicated because they were getting my texts, but I wasn't getting theirs. Wardy called me at one point and it gave him a message that my number had been disconnected. Others called and it worked fine. This also happened all this week with people not being able to get in touch with me, and in one case, it may have cost us a project.

Well it turns out, without telling any of us, the woman in charge of our wireless stuff switched everyone from AT&T to Verizon over the weekend. They didn't get around to giving us our "new" phones until just now. My AT&T phone seemed to work fine, but I was missing tons of calls and texts. I just received about 40 texts that I was oblivious to, mostly from people with Verizon. As an Android user, I was a little bummed to get a Galaxy S5, which is an older model, though an upgrade from my S4. Still, my 2 years was up YESTERDAY on that phone and I was due a free upgrade. The iPhone users have to be pissed, as they got the iPhone 5S, and many of them had the iPhone 6 on AT&T.

I am pissed I may have lost a project over the whole thing, but what if something serious had happened and people couldn't get in touch with me, or worse, assumed I received their messages when I didn't?

Free phone for work? Sounds delightful to me. That's about 900 bucks a year I'd love to have back.

Free phone for work? Sounds delightful to me. That's about 900 bucks a year I'd love to have back.

Total devil's advocate here but what if that one project they lost out on was worth more than that? I would love to have a work phone too but the incompetence behind the switch sucks.

More rain. We have had enough!

Can we put the rain for the next few weeks in the bank and withdraw it in July when we really need it? Better yet can we get a raincheck for the past three weeks?

I don't think I have had a job in the last 15 years that didn't include a cell phone, or cell phone reimbursement. The trade off, of course, is that you are suddenly open for business 24/7.

Southwest.com keeps crashing these last 2 days

Get it together already I'm trying to book my flights to Disney!

I haven't been watching the news, but you mean their website, right?

Edit: Nevermind, I just noticed the .com after Southwest.

My company is owned by a larger company, but we pretty much operate with total autonomy. However, after our admin girl left, they decided that corporate would handle some of our accounting and basic admin stuff. That includes cell phones.

Anyway, this past weekend at LIITA I noticed some issues with my phone. People were texting me and I wasn't getting their texts. So trying to coordinate leaving for the course with Bret or meeting up with Wardy got more complicated because they were getting my texts, but I wasn't getting theirs. Wardy called me at one point and it gave him a message that my number had been disconnected. Others called and it worked fine. This also happened all this week with people not being able to get in touch with me, and in one case, it may have cost us a project.

Well it turns out, without telling any of us, the woman in charge of our wireless stuff switched everyone from AT&T to Verizon over the weekend. They didn't get around to giving us our "new" phones until just now. My AT&T phone seemed to work fine, but I was missing tons of calls and texts. I just received about 40 texts that I was oblivious to, mostly from people with Verizon. As an Android user, I was a little bummed to get a Galaxy S5, which is an older model, though an upgrade from my S4. Still, my 2 years was up YESTERDAY on that phone and I was due a free upgrade. The iPhone users have to be pissed, as they got the iPhone 5S, and many of them had the iPhone 6 on AT&T.

I am pissed I may have lost a project over the whole thing, but what if something serious had happened and people couldn't get in touch with me, or worse, assumed I received their messages when I didn't?

My company offers reimbursement if I use my personal phone, as long as the plan I'm on is up to the standards they think I need. I.e. enough minutes/text/data. I'm not currently in a position that I need to be reached at all times, but IF I ever got to that point, I think I'd rather have them give me a phone and carry two instead of using my personal one. They want to add software and stuff to my phone so I can use it. I think not. Plus that way if I were to make a THP event or something, I can leave the work phone at home and just carry my personal phone. Then they can't reach me.

Sucks you went through that though. I'd be a little heated and be giving someone some hell over it. :angry: :bicker:

Changed fleet companies for work.

Now I have to pay for personal use gas.
I know... Everyone has to buy gasoline, but not having to, or getting it at a huge discount was pretty cool.

Changed fleet companies for work.

Now I have to pay for personal use gas.
I know... Everyone has to buy gasoline, but not having to, or getting it at a huge discount was pretty cool.

Well your golf trips just got more expensive, lol.

I did lawn work, yard looks great.
I go to start blower.
It doesn't cooperate.
15 minutes later...
Still not cooperating.
I slammed it down on the ground numerous times to prove a point.
It shattered.
Will never start again.
It gave me a blister.
Came inside, downed some FireBall.
Should turn into a HHJJ soon.

I did lawn work, yard looks great.
I go to start blower.
It doesn't cooperate.
15 minutes later...
Still not cooperating.
I slammed it down on the ground numerous times to prove a point.
It shattered.
Will never start again.
It gave me a blister.
Came inside, downed some FireBall.
Should turn into a HHJJ soon.

Usually the slamming works. Small gas motors are basically disposable though. Especially if you put enough gas through it with ethonal in it, kills them.

Usually the slamming works. Small gas motors are basically disposable though. Especially if you put enough gas through it with ethonal in it, kills them.

Slamming didn't work unfortunately. Served me well for like 7 years.....now it's in pieces. ;)

Slamming didn't work unfortunately. Served me well for like 7 years.....now it's in pieces. ;)

Sounds like you did a number on it though for it being a pain to you

Sounds like you did a number on it though for it being a pain to you

Oh I did.

That bi**h will NEVER eff with me again!

I thought this was the pet thread for a second...

Hahahaha, no! While I may get frustrated at times my pups are my pups and not a stupid non-functioning POS!

My big boys!

918d7a5c2c8737524f3b3b8c897bab58.jpg

HaHa! I killed my blower last year in almost the same fashion. Started to kill my weed eater this year and decided to try one more thing. Replaced the fuel line and added a new clunk and it was good as new though.

JM

I unloaded a palette of door frames today that I need to send for powdercoating tomorrow morning. Checked everything over, and restacked them all. Then they fell over. Restacked them again.... and they all fell over again. Dammit.

So I packed up and went home. Deal with it in the morning, I had no patience for it today.

Two long days at my part time job after my 48 at the firehouse means I haven't seen my house in daylight besides running to the truck this morning to get to the shop to pick up the roll back for a police tow. I'm whipped and the wife is agitated to say the least.

One more beer then bed so I can hit the road with a load early in the morning uggggg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that has issues with stabbing their fingertips with the wire bristles from their club brush? I've done it a few times now and it f'n hurts!

Am I the only one that has issues with stabbing their fingertips with the wire bristles from their club brush? I've done it a few times now and it f'n hurts!
Cleveland recommends only using nylon bristles on their clubs so I switched mine out and haven't had an issue since.

I have done that a few times, then I bought a Frogger brush, didn't happen again

I dislike traffic. Coming from a city that is getting too big for its current infrastructure, Traffic just unnerves me. I moved away from California for a reason.

I dislike traffic. Coming from a city that is getting too big for its current infrastructure, Traffic just unnerves me. I moved away from California for a reason.

darn, first post on THP is in the Rant thread? Ricky has some competition!

Welcome to THP

Cleveland recommends only using nylon bristles on their clubs so I switched mine out and haven't had an issue since.
Just covered up the wire bristle side with gorilla tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back