I offered them this exact price and for All Access (which includes streaming) and they said no.

I surprised, I've been with them since 05 and was at one point paying for it on 5 cars monthly. Worth trying again.

Major skim..do they charge for the app and if not being able to use it in the house could add to the usage and cost justification

Major skim..do they charge for the app and if not being able to use it in the house could add to the usage and cost justification

They have an online only subscription but has less channels available. Then there is the all access which gives you all the channels in the car and online access for multiple devices.

I have one all access and when in my wife's car I connect via use cable to my phone and it works fine.

All access, I stream on my ipad and phone as well as both cars. I know it was a promotion they were running and maybe you might have to ask
Sorry for having bad tech skills. That is streaming ...got it

feel so antique now :(

Other than Stern I have no use for it anymore between Spotify, Pandora and Apple Music.

Other than Stern I have no use for it anymore between Spotify, Pandora and Apple Music.

If I was a music listener, I would be right there with you. Just not enough talk stuff I am interested in. I Heart Radio has some however.

Same here dont use it really for much else. And the later start really screwed me over. ...stupid news from previous day on drive to work and recap show on way home...lame

If Stern is done I am out. The music stations for the most part are pretty terrible on Sirius.

I would miss PGA Tour radio.

Let your account expire and they will call you every few weeks until you sign back up at a discounted price. We let my wife's expire and got 6 months for $25.

Satellite Radio

FWIW, I really prefer the paid version of Spotify. Unlimited skips of songs and some great stations. I typically do audio books for my commute, but I use Spotify for car, work, and home and I just steam it from my phone. The paid version has the option to turn on a higher quality stream rate and I've really enjoyed using it.

The only drawback is there isn't any live talk, but I usually don't listen to live talk so that's never been an issue for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I had it when I drove an hour each way to work, but since changing jobs, I'm 1 minute from work, so no for me.

I have Sirius right for my car. First 6 months came with the purchase of my car, next 3 months were for $30 and then they charged my credit card $60 for 3 months.

Was not happy about what they did and it is part of the reason I am not renewing. The other reason is the cost. $60 for 3 months is way too much as I am not in my car that much.

I like having it, but it is luxury I can not justifying at that price point.

I keep getting these offers in the mail, but the funny thing is I never had an account. I guess they create you one automatically when you purchase a car. Its not all access, but "select" at 6 months for $30. I was going to sign up, but then I noticed the actual package on the offer was called "sirius select" and is different than the "XM select" that I looked at on the main site. XM select has music, pga, and comedy, which is all I want, but Sirius select has music, stern, and no pga, which I don't want. I'm going to call the number listed on the regular website to see what's up, but if it is really only the "sirius select" I'll pass.

I had XM back in 2005 for a year or so. I liked it because at the time, I was living in southern Wisconsin and taking a lot of trips to northern Wisconsin during the winter to go snowmobiling and it was nice to just be able to listen to the same station the whole trip and not have to hunt for stations. Not to mention there arent a lot of radio stations in northern Wisconsin and what they do have is all country and oldies. Country and oldies are great but Im more of a metal fan, so that could be a bit of a problem.
I just bought a receiver that hooked into one of the HVAC vents and then had an adaptor that hooked into the cassette deck. (Yes, I said cassette deck. Lay off, my truck was a '99 and was oldschool for a '99) I felt like it worked better than tuning the FM radio to a certain frequency.
At first, I liked it but after a while I felt like their rotation of songs wasnt that great and that they seemed to play the same songs all the time. We did at the time, and still do have a great metal station in southern Wisconsin (WJJO), so I found myself just listening to local radio most of the time and only using my XM when I was doing a roadtrip up north and just felt like it wasnt worth the cost.
If I could get it in my Accord for $20 a month, Id probably go for that. I know that Honda puts satellite radio in some of the higher end Accords and I have no doubt that I could have it installed. I actually looked into it for my Camry but the receivers seemed kind of expensive at the time. Back in the day, I only paid $40 for my XM reciever in my truck and all the ones I looked at seemed like they were more in the $200 range. The cost of the receiver would actually be more of a turn off than the month cost, for me.

Downloaded the app for iPhone and can't get to work. Won't recognize me or my radio id number . These apps are such a pain, and I hate to call Sirius to get this to work out. Just can't get it to work :(

Called and I'm not a " select member" ??? I thought spending over $200 for a year membership should give you full access? Will let this membership run out in September and won't renew. Not going to spend $over 200 to have full access to radio. Just a joke

i like it because of the old Dokken and such groups you don't hear a lot of. Love driving on the road shaking my head to this stuff

For 19.99 as suggested I'd sign up for that. My boss has xm and we use it in the office but it's one of this carry around units. I'd love to have access in both cars and online also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Called and I'm not a " select member" ??? I thought spending over $200 for a year membership should give you full access? Will let this membership run out in September and won't renew. Not going to spend $over 200 to have full access to radio. Just a joke

i like it because of the old Dokken and such groups you don't hear a lot of. Love driving on the road shaking my head to this stuff

You dont have to. If you actually spend that much, call them up, because for $200 a year (19.99 a month) you get All Access. Select is actually below All Access.

Satellite Radio

I pay like $5 a month for Sirius XM. It has all the music and sport channels I need. Once my three months are up I call, threaten to cancel and get the same deal all over again. Rinse and repeat.

It was just as I thought about the different 'select' packages, I went ahead and signed up anyway with the all access at $40 for 6 months. I'm not sure I will keep it after the six months are up though, but it's nice right now with the commute.

I'd wish Sirius would stop calling me, so far this afternoon they have called three times.

Haven't ever paid more than $10 for 2 cars a month. Have been on a promo plan for 6 months at $25 for the past several years. Have to just call up close to end of promo and get it re-upped. Easy with just a phone call and telling them you would like to cancel due to price. They will first offer you 1/2 off their regular price, but just ask for the 6 for $25, or the 5 for $20 promos they always have.

I need to call. Reducing the cost of this would be huge.

Haven't ever paid more than $10 for 2 cars a month. Have been on a promo plan for 6 months at $25 for the past several years. Have to just call up close to end of promo and get it re-upped. Easy with just a phone call and telling them you would like to cancel due to price. They will first offer you 1/2 off their regular price, but just ask for the 6 for $25, or the 5 for $20 promos they always have.

I did this very thing this morning and they could offer that to me, but not in All Access.

Back