How often do you take driver off the tee?

I'm just as likely to miss with a FW or a 4-iron so I should probably hit driver more than I do like i used to.
Nothing worse than trying to play smart and hitting a 5i into the woods.

Unless its a real sharpe dogleg where even I will hit it through I take driver 100% of the time

I typically figure that out before I even get to the course. If it is very casual, I'll hit driver on every 4/5 unless something about that hole definitely takes the driver out of play. If it's a little more serious, I'll think about the smart play and where the safe side of the hole is. On other days, I may decide that I'm going to hit whatever gets me to the 150, I use this a lot for a new course. Tournament play will take into account yardage, layout, current score, place in the field, etc.

Every hole i can. It's by far my most accurate club off the tee.

As long as it doesn't bring in to play hazards it's getting hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit my driver all of 200 yards on a good hit and nothing else comes close, so it comes out on every Par 4/5 where there isn't a hazard between me and that distance.

I generally hit driver on every par 4 and 5 and some par 3s. I just don't hit the ball far enough to get on in regulation if I don't.

Depends on 2 things

1. How long is the hole in question, but more importantly,
2. What does the hole look like and will using less than driver give me a better chance of being in the fairway

On my home course there are a few wide open holes that don't punish a bad shot too much so I will probably take driver on those unless I am having a really bad day with it, but in general I will usually try to play to a particular number for my approach rather than leave a partial swing

Always for me just because I'm not in love with my 3 wood or hybrids. I'm hoping the Nike will change me lol

For me, as often as possible. I feel that my length gives me an advantage, and I am generally happy with my full and partial wedge play, so if I can get down toward the green, I usually will

I tend to take less than driver a lot. If the hole is wide open, then I pull driver and don't think about it.

I usually want to leave myself with 9 iron or less into the par 4's, so I use that as the main factor in which club to hit off the tee.

Having played a round with you and seeing how you hit your 3 wood, (50-100 yds longer than my Driver) you don't need no stinking Driver!!

But myself being a short hitter need to hit Driver on every hole possible to leave a decent yardage in.

As often as possible. Unless it is really tight or there's other reason to not pull driver (ie hazards right in my wheel house), you best believe I'm hitting it. It's one of the strengths of my game and I'm going to use it. Well, at least it was last year.

I generally hit driver on every par 4 and 5 and some par 3s. I just don't hit the ball far enough to get on in regulation if I don't.

Yeah, but it looks farther when you hit every fairway. :bananadance:

Driver no matter what for me cause I'm terrible with anything else off the tee.

I'm one who would do a lot better to start playing to the 130-150 range more, I scored my best when I did that instead of bashing driver to high lofted wedge-world and non comfy numbers for me.

This is why I don't always hit driver, along with hazards. I'm perfectly fine hitting from 150 if it means avoiding a hazard or a half wedge.

I love 135 yards and I try to get to that number if possible. I score best when I do that instead of ending up at 70 or 90 yards.

This is why I don't always hit driver, along with hazards. I'm perfectly fine hitting from 150 if it means avoiding a hazard or a half wedge.
Of course, I'm one to make a smart play off the tee and then out the next shot into the trouble I was avoiding off the tee...

Edited to add: the bad result on the second shot doesn't take away the smarter decision on the first. Just a bad shot at the wrong time.

I play the numbers. On tight holes that are short enough where I can hit 7 iron or less with a good drive with less than driver, or doglegs where I'm playing to a spot, I hit less than driver. If the hole is long or if it's very open - or if I'm feeling confident with driver that day - I'll take driver. So for me, how many drivers I hit varies significantly based on the course. There are some courses where I'll take 12 or 13 drivers, and others where I'll only take 4 or 5. But I'd say I average 9 or 10 tee balls with driver across all courses.

Depends on the day and my confidence level at the time.

It depends for me. If a hole is greater than 380, then it will almost always be driver, depending on hazards. Less than 380 and I really look at if there is a benefit of being closer to the green and possibly not in the fairway in comparison to being a bit further back, but a higher percentage of being in the fairway.

For me, it just depends how well I'm hitting the driver. This past fall at TCI, after hitting driver 3 or 4 times, I benched it, hit 3 wood the rest of the day, and my score improved considerably. At the same time, if I'm hitting Driver well, I'll pull it on any hole where there is a landing area for it. My home course is all short game. Whether I play to a 100 yard approach or hit driver and have 40 yards left, it makes little difference to me score-wise in the end.

~Rock

I honestly hit driver off the tee maybe 4 or 5 times a round on average. Hopefully that number increases dramatically, since my goal is to start gelling with the big stick. I don't have too many rounds with the Bio Cell yet, but that is going to change this year.

I've just never been comfortable hitting my driver. I usually pull a 4i and I can get that out to 210 yards rather consistently.

I use driver as much as I can due to really dialing in my accuracy last year. The only time I club down off the tee is when there is some type of trouble like water crossing the fairway or a short dogleg that would put me in the woods.

I usually try to use my drivers for par 5s, Irons off the tee for Par 4s and Irons off the ground for par 3s...

Back