What is your favorite iron finish? Why?

Satin. No glare and from my experiences, wears better than chrome.

Black with the satin blend. I love the way my Callaway Razr XF irons look! :in-love:

Satin...though the black finish on the Cleveland Black irons looks really, really nice.

Are the MP-H4s stainless? I thought they were a forged carbon.

The 2 - 7 are two-piece construction with a stainless steel back shell plasma-welded to the grain flow forged face and hosel while the 8-PW are one-piece grain flow forged carbon steel. So I honestly don't know what the finish is on them, but thought it looks like stainless steel.

I do like satin. Usually low on glare and holds up well. Black oxide is my absolute favorite but it shows wear so fast it's depressing.

Chrome/Satin combo.

This is one of my favorite looking irons of all time:

1035229553_4e3Zg-L-1.jpg

I'm anti-chrome. Can't stand chrome on anything..just not for me. I love satin and black, and wish more clubs came in black. I LOVE the blue finish on my new Vokey's, but I think an entire iron set with it would be too much. But I agree James, my set of Ping's had the perfect satin finish to them. They do such a great job.

Peep this...

Attachments

• 1423501133071-1377916695.jpg
    1423501133071-1377916695.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 0
Chrome everyday and twice on Sundays. Doesn't wear all that great but looks so good nice and cleaned.

f22c2eea0551ba21118d6f3ce7811472.jpg

Chrome everyday and twice on Sundays. Doesn't wear all that great but looks so good nice and cleaned.

f22c2eea0551ba21118d6f3ce7811472.jpg

See, at least that is a brushed chrome though.

Satin. Love the finish on the Speedblades.

Satin. Love the finish on the Speedblades.
I almost feel like the SpeedBlades were darker than satin. I did like their finish--and their two-tonedness (wtf does that mean?).

I like the anti-glare of black the best but it wears quickly. Satin would be #2.

Satin or chrome. Love both.

Satin for sure

I like the anti-glare of black the best but it wears quickly. Satin would be #2.
The black mirror PVD plated Wilson Staff C100 irons wear well. They have at least a dozen rounds and barely a scuff mark on any of them. It really is a quality finish, and paired nicely with top end shafts like the Aldila RIP Phenoms you just can't go wrong my man.

I prefer the chrome or at least some chrome. A satin/chrome combo looks good too.

lol

I fell in love with the Taylormade Burner 2.0 iron two tone finish.

Satin ftw

I am a fan of a brushed chrome or satin look, but when they start making more dark finish irons that don't wear so bad, I'll be ALL over them.

Satin would be top of list for me, but I'd be lying if I said I was unhappy with the gunmetal/satin combo on the Speedblades. Darker or black in second with chrome coming in last.

I like black and when the finish starts to get a wear pattern in the face only improves on the look. Something polished is my least favorite but I could still play it.

I personally love dark finishes on irons. But as Jamn said just wish they wore better. That said my second choice is a satin. hate polished as it glares and whenever it get dirty i hate the look.

Satin. I'm not a big fan of chrome, and really don't like black or oil can finishes. Though, I'm okay with more unique colors on putters.

Back