DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
New news on TopGolf coming to Fort Worth

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/article20712915.html

New location may be just east if I35W, close to downtown.

Topgolf, a fast-growing entertainment venue that combines a high-tech driving range with a bar and restaurant, is headed to Fort Worth, possibly to a site near downtown.
The Dallas-based company is looking at three Fort Worth locations, including one off 4th Street east of Interstate 35W and close to the Trinity River levee, Zach Shor, Topgolf’s vice president of real estate, confirmed Monday. A decision should be made soon, he said.

“We love the site. It would be a really unique opportunity,” Shor said. “We love Fort Worth as a market. We’re going to be west of the airport somewhere.”

Getting Topgolf to a downtown site would be a coup, marking the first upscale entertainment development that planners have been seeking along the Trinity River. The 4th Street site would be a little south of the $910 million Trinity River Vision/Panther Island Project.

Shor said Topgolf is “close to a transaction,” and has started filing for some permits as part of its due-diligence review.

The facility features a number of games using golf balls with embedded microchips. Players compete by hitting shots at targets and winning points.
The company has 13 locations in six states, including North Texas complexes in Allen, Dallas and The Colony. Another 10 locations are scheduled to open this year and 11 are under construction, Shor said. A Topgolf will open in Oklahoma City next month and the company has announced plans for a site in Las Vegas.

In Fort Worth, the 4th Street location is owned by Chesapeake Energy. The company has been shedding much of its undeveloped Fort Worth land as it has pulled back on drilling in the Barnett Shale. A year ago, Chesapeake sold the 20-story office building on the west edge of downtown that served as its Barnett Shale headquarters.

Chesapeake spokesman Gordon Pennoyer declined to comment on a possible deal with Topgolf.

Shor said the company began looking for a Fort Worth location three years ago.

When it opened in The Colony in 2013, the company hoped to draw from the Fort Worth area, but that hasn’t happened, Shor said. That makes Fort Worth still “an untapped market for us right now,” he said.

Once construction begins, a Topgolf location takes up to 10 months to complete, Shor said.

A permit filing for the 4th Street location shows construction on an $11 million, 65,000-square-foot complex starting in August and being completed in next May.

This would be good I think. The other DFW locations are just slammed with traffic constantly - this would be doable IMO.

I like the sound of this, but it's still pretty inaccessible from North Fort Worth. At least for a few years. Highway construction up this way makes that a real challenge to get to for a few more years.
I had been hearing of a possible build site up here around Heritage Trace area. It's growing fast, with plenty on retail area available. I guess that was one of the area's they were looking at also.
I think it's a good idea building one down in that area of Ft. Worth. It's really getting ready to explode with expansion.

I was also hoping it would be built along 35. Guess I will have to take the back roads to it but I am glad one is coming on this side of town. There is so much to do in that area so you can always make it a day in Ft. Worth.

I'll call tomorrow and sign us up as a team. I will also be requesting an early tee time for us.
I like that idea about the early time. Do I need to join their league to play in this?
Not opposed to it. Just curious.

I like that idea about the early time. Do I need to join their league to play in this?
Not opposed to it. Just curious.

Yes, we both need to. It should just be a one time $25 fee. We don't need to do the handicap system since we already have the one here that we also use at PV.

Wish I could join you, but I'll be at a birthday party for most of the day. And it's down in downtown Fort Worth, I believe.
I think you are going to really like the Srixons.

Me too. I have to hit them again to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think so too. I wish that my FT worth trip was under better circumstances, but I do have the opportunity to upgrade my 6 year old players irons that were used and out of my league when I got them. Might try out some Wilsons and some Mizunos while I'm there just to check it out.

78ec3e9cbc475367bbc99cc7401661e2.jpg

Anybody see this today. One heck of a deal.

Saw it early this AM. Great great deal, long drive though.

Saw that also... I could be tempted

Saw it early this AM. Great great deal, long drive though.

Saw that also... I could be tempted
It could be a fun (long) day trip. I can't imagine how nice this course will be in June.
Just curious to see if others had seen the deal. Something to think about.

Well it's good through 6/30 and we could use on a Sunday. Could do a Saturday afternoon round at Twin Lakes then crash Saturday night at lakehouse then do Sunday at Pine Dunes? I could do 6/13 - 6/14. 6/21 is Father's Day. And last weekend in June is Branson/Cure events.

Well it's good through 6/30 and we could use on a Sunday. Could do a Saturday afternoon round at Twin Lakes then crash Saturday night at lakehouse then do Sunday at Pine Dunes? I could do 6/13 - 6/14. 6/21 is Father's Day. And last weekend in June is Branson/Cure events.
Let me check with the family tonight about possible plans already in place. But I would be interested.

Put me on that list for that weekend if it becomes a thing!

Eddie: looking forward to teaming up today.

Sorry in advance. Party was good last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back