The MarTini Golf Tee

golf4life

Grip n rip
Reaction score
Handicap
About 3 weeks ago I had a nice conversation with an old codger on the driving range. After giving him a bunch of distance numbers with my range finder, he insisted on giving me one of his golf tees, the Martini and told me to thank him later.

Well, next time I see him I'll be thanking him. This thing is pretty amazing. Its made of some type of rubber I would think as it has proven to be indestructible to this point. I have used it for 4 rounds of golf and 6 range sessions over these past 3 weeks. I would say I have hit over 120 drivers with this tee and its still perfect.

The best I've ever gotten out of a single tee before was an epoc for about 2 rounds of golf before breaking. This thing has just enough give to prevent breaking, but is plenty firm enough to get into harder ground on the tee box. The "martini cup" on top is the easiest thing in the world to get the ball to sit on too.

The tee measures a little over 3 inches so its great for tall faced drivers too. Not sure how/if it would work for irons but its too valuable to me to find out. After hitting a ball it pops out of the ground almost every time so its a good thing its big and bright and easy to find, usually 3 to 10 feet behind where I had the ball teed.

According to their website you can buy 5 for 6 bucks. I think 5 would last me a season easy, and that's if I got lazy looking for them after hitting the ball.

http://martinigolftees.com/

Here's some pics of my tee after 120+ swings and who knows how many my new friend put on it before me.

The web site claims more distance and better dispersion versus a wooden tee. Not sure I'm seeing that or not, but the durability is more than enough to sell me on the value of this thing.

I played a round this weekend with two older guys who both used this brand of tees. They love them! I thought they were a little big, but looking down on the ball, all you see is ball.
I have only bought tees twice in my entire life - when I first picked up a club, and THP epoch tees. Not kidding - everywhere I play provides tees and I find them all over the place.
I probably will never buy one, but I would game one if I stumbled onto it.

I know quite a few people who use these. They also spend more time looking for their tee than anyone else I know.

I tried them, but I never seemed to hit the ball well while using them. I don't think it really had anything to do with the tee, but it got the blame.

I know quite a few people who use these. They also spend more time looking for their tee than anyone else I know.

I tried them, but I never seemed to hit the ball well while using them. I don't think it really had anything to do with the tee, but it got the blame.

Yeah, the downside could be that you're going to keep looking until you find the thing at a buck a pop. So far for me this hasn't been an issue. I have hit the ball as well as on any other tee that I have used as far as I can tell.

I played a round this weekend with two older guys who both used this brand of tees. They love them! I thought they were a little big, but looking down on the ball, all you see is ball.
I have only bought tees twice in my entire life - when I first picked up a club, and THP epoch tees. Not kidding - everywhere I play provides tees and I find them all over the place.
I probably will never buy one, but I would game one if I stumbled onto it.

I can understand their love. Never thought I would start a thread on THP about tees. I normally break tees at a ridiculous rate. I've even broken the epoch shorty iron tees. I cannot break this thing, simply cannot. Its amazing.

Experienced the same issues when playing with those using them. I think they actually look for tee longer than they did balls.

I use them and love them for the driver. Prefer wood ones for fws and irons off the tee. I buy pink, orange, or bright yellow, just so I don't spend a lot of time looking for them. I started using them last year once I heard for sure that they were USGA approved. I am on my third one since then, so they do break eventually.

I would say definitely try one out, if you have a spare buck laying around.

I LOVE my martini tee's

I've used the same one now since June and have given some of the extras to my friends who were curious and they love them too

It's one of my favorite golf accessories that always breaks the ice when playing with someone new and they last forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a friend that has a slight shake when he tees the ball, I bought him some last year and he used that pack for over a year. He plays on average 3 times a week so that was pretty good playability IMO.

I'm so glad to finally read real world reviews about these. I've seen them in adverts online and now finally have enough info to go ahead and order some to try out.

I found some of these on my last round and tried them out. Other than being extremely durable and easy to tee, they seemed to help me straighten out my drive.

I went and looked on their website and they are recommending tilting the tee forward to help increase distance and accuracy. I will have to try that method next time out.

Love these tees. Been using a green one i found for the last 2 months. Found a pink one today.

An older gentleman in my weekend group uses them & seems to like them. I stick to whatever tee they have in the pro shop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went and looked on their website and they are recommending tilting the tee forward to help increase distance and accuracy. I will have to try that method next time out.

Funny that the company recommends to put them in at a slant. I found one & instinctively teed it up slanting to the target.

I found one of these a few weeks ago. Hit a few great drives with it, but itflew really far when hit and I lost it after a couple of rounds. Will keep an eye out, and maybe try and colour it hot pink to stick out more.

I have tried them and cant say I really see any difference with them. Love my THP epochs so dont think ill be switching anytime soon.

I play in a foursome and two of the guys use them ... they play them at a slant as well. They love them. I will try one when I go through the ones I have now.

I LOVE these tee's. I just ordered the new 2" ones which will be better for me as I don't use a driver. Always wished they made short ones and now they do.

I LOVE these tee's. I just ordered the new 2" ones which will be better for me as I don't use a driver. Always wished they made short ones and now they do.

I love the two inch version for irons and fairway woods. The longer ones don't work well for me and I have a boatload of those I no longer use....

I found one of the long ones on the course a couple weeks ago and it looks ridiculous.

I tried the slant method and, while I don't have actual data to see if it made a difference, it certainly didn't have any adverse effects.

I found one of the long ones on the course a couple weeks ago and it looks ridiculous.

They're practically indestructible though. I got a couple of them from my THP secret santa this year, and they're still holding up. I don't use them all the time, but have taken one out on the course more than a handful of times.

Back