United States makes mark on world soccer stage ...

Surprised it's taken this long. FIFA has been corrupt for a long time. Doubt many things will change but maybe this reigns it in some.

I think it make perfect sence that the US go after FIFA since they do not scare us like they do some of the soccer loving countries in the EU and South Am. if they retaliate against us most US fans could careless. plus they already stole 2022 from us

I'm not aware of any country in the EU that is scared of FIFA. England is already resigned to the fact it'll never host the World Cup with Blatter in charge after calling for big changes within the organization. EUFA too has called for change. It is also calling for the election for FIFA president this Friday to be postponed.

This ain't gonna happen, but if it does, win, win for me!!!
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...orld-cup-following-fifa-arrests-10278130.html

A good driving range or exec course could be put on some of the complexes they have out here. Waste of air and grass, but thats just me.

I swear Sepp Blatter is coated in Teflon! Now there is talk of the European teams boycotting the next World Cup. This really is a cluster****!!!!

It's amazing how corrupt these organizations are and continue to be.

Same thing with ecclestone and F1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is. EUFA is the European body in charge of football.

It is. EUFA is the European body in charge of football.

I am not sure, so I am asking. Do you mean UEFA? Or is EUFA something totally different?

He means UEFA.

EUFA doesn't exist .

He means UEFA.

EUFA doesn't exist .

D'oh. Must check before I hit reply. Yes, I of course meant UEFA.

While I seriously doubt the motivation behind the US actions against the FIFA, I applaud and support every single effort to bring this corrupt organisation down. FIFA is destroying football.

That was fabulous

I honestly don't think most US citizens know who or what FIFA is if you polled them.

There was a press conference scheduled to start shortly but it has just been reported that Sepp Blatter has resigned.

Live press conference now. He's gone!!! Woo hoo!!!

There was a press conference scheduled to start shortly but it has just been reported that Sepp Blatter has resigned.

That is interesting since he was pretty defiant in his press conference following the election, but he should have never been re-elected to begin with.

That is interesting since he was pretty defiant in his press conference following the election, but he should have never been re-elected to begin with.

Yeah, methinks some legal issues are coming his way shortly.

I kind of feel the same as when Saddam Hussein was removed. Who knows if the person who replaces him will be any more tolerable, but for the best to find out.

United States makes mark on world soccer stage ...

Seems unlikely he'd only learn about legal issues in the 2 days since the election. Seems more likely going through with the election allowed him to preserve power or money somehow.

Seems unlikely he'd only learn about legal issues in the 2 days since the election. Seems more likely going through with the election allowed him to preserve power or money somehow.

official

This is a complete 180 on his behalf. Methinks the FBI are about to come knocking!!

Back