The 1,000th Krispy Kreme store opened up a few miles from my house today. Not a good thing, especially since it is just a slight detour on the way to the golf course.

Guess what day it is…? That's right, Cider Belly Thursday.

Cookies & Cream bottom left; Samoa bottom right; Lemon Delight on top.

9b1416ae7ce109de1f22bf2995bedc6a.jpg

#ArterycloggedThursday?

And your point is what? round fried dough for the win
Or any manner of other shapes haha. I'm polishing off a rectangular frosted one now :D

Guess what day it is…? That's right, Cider Belly Thursday.

Cookies & Cream bottom left; Samoa bottom right; Lemon Delight on top.

9b1416ae7ce109de1f22bf2995bedc6a.jpg
Lemon please!!!

I love lemon, and that one was dynamite!

It wasn't bad, tastes just like the cookie--go figure.

I haven't eaten the Cookies and Cream one. I'm working on it…three is A LOT.

Sounds like there's a challenge in there somewhere...

Pete. Kinderlou. May. Cider doughnuts. Must.

Cops and doughnuts has to be my favorite place to get a doughnut, although I don't eat them very often.

So sad I didn't go get one of these!

Saw this thread on here with some recent chatter and smiled to myself. My wife and I took a trip to Chicago last month and thought it would be fun to visit the multiple Doughnut shops we had recently seen on The Food Network show Unique Sweets. I was back the following weekend for the auto show and had to stop again for some more. My favorite in case you're ever in Chicago...go to Firecakes and try the Ice Cream Sandwich doughnut....yes...I said Ice Cream Sandwich.

Last edited:
Jacqui made some dough for malasadas, and we're going to take it to the golf course and use the fryer and experiment.

Well I guess I'll be stopping for donuts on the way to Dallas now.

Why did I have to open this thread?

Last edited:
If you can't get the Malasadas to come to you, make them yourself!

11150185_866687450068760_4713470839284001260_n.jpg
11102663_866687476735424_1079406519499231855_n.jpg
11137127_866687513402087_9024992203414876719_n.jpg
11149405_866687550068750_8811486116213634644_n.jpg
Smalls,
Your pictures of your Malasadas are not showing, which might actually be a good thing for my waistline.

My wife agreed with you regarding your post about Leonard's. Our day starts at Leonard's whenever we are over there.

Last edited:
Smalls,
Your pictures of your Malasadas are not showing, which might actually be a good thing for my waistline.

My wife agreed with you regarding your post about Leonard's. Our day starts at Leonard's whenever we are over there.
I put them on Facebook first. Don't know if you are on Facebook or not, but if not, maybe that's why. I'll put them on Photobucket when I get home.

They don't look as good as the original, but they taste pretty good!

I put them on Facebook first. Don't know if you are on Facebook or not, but if not, maybe that's why. I'll put them on Photobucket when I get home.

They don't look as good as the original, but they taste pretty good!
That's what is important.

Nope, not on Facebook. Heck, I'm still worried I will crash Twitter every time I try to post.

That's what is important.

Nope, not on Facebook. Heck, I'm still worried I will crash Twitter every time I try to post.
I put them on Photobucket. Maybe you can see them now?

The Donut Thread

Can't believe there wasn't an active thread on donuts (doughnuts). So, without further ado ... here's the donut thread!

What's your favorite donut? Mine is the Boston Creme, with the sour cream donut a close second.

Dunkin!

Back