Nike Vapor Pro Driver Review

With how much I have been enjoy the 2.0, this one is always in the back of my mind. Not ready to make a switch, in fact I don't anticipate doing so all year.

I freaking love hitting this club so much. Like you guys, it is definitely putting the hurting on my 913D2 right now. I'm consistently longer and just as straight with this one.

I freaking love hitting this club so much. Like you guys, it is definitely putting the hurting on my 913D2 right now. I'm consistently longer and just as straight with this one.

Glad you're liking the new club. I had my first round yesterday with my new driver and overall everything was good. Definitely way longer than my BB Alpha 2014 and straighter too. Now I just have to get comfortable with taking different lines than I was with the BB.

Glad you're liking the new club. I had my first round yesterday with my new driver and overall everything was good. Definitely way longer than my BB Alpha 2014 and straighter too. Now I just have to get comfortable with taking different lines than I was with the BB.

Haha funny you should say this, my first round with it at a familiar course, I ended up in a couple crappy spots because I took my previous line and bombed it past my spot! :bomb:

Good problem to have, just need to learn to adjust for it and take more aggressive lines.

Haha funny you should say this, my first round with it at a familiar course, I ended up in a couple crappy spots because I took my previous line and bombed it past my spot! :bomb:

Good problem to have, just need to learn to adjust for it and take more aggressive lines.

I had kind of a different effect. I hit big draws/hooks with the old driver. Now I'm hitting slight draws/straight pushes. I have to figure out the right tee heigh, ball position, and which lines to take. I did take a few wrong lines, but more it was not exactly being sure what the ball was going to do. With my BB I never missed right. Yesterday I only missed right and never left. That's going to take some metal adjusting.

I had kind of a different effect. I hit big draws/hooks with the old driver. Now I'm hitting slight draws/straight pushes. I have to figure out the right tee heigh, ball position, and which lines to take. I did take a few wrong lines, but more it was not exactly being sure what the ball was going to do. With my BB I never missed right. Yesterday I only missed right and never left. That's going to take some metal adjusting.
Have you tinkered with the hosel settings, to see if impacts this?

Have you tinkered with the hosel settings, to see if impacts this?

Not yet. I want to wait till I get out on the range. I played after work and either was either range and 9 or a full 18 and I opted for the full 18. It wasn't a big push. The ball flights were really nice. With my old driver, I would aim at about the right edge of the fairway/first cut and bring it back to the middle. The new driver is much straighter. I just have to teach myself to aim more towards the middle.

I just traded for a Covert tour, mainly for the black tie shaft that I'm just nuts over, but the head is rubbish (looks wise, not performance). I was looking at some tour and tour 2.0 heads on the bay and found out that the Vapor lines fit the same adapter as well. Had to come back here and check to see if it was true, and it is. Oh wow! That just changed everything! I really, REALLY like the performance of the driver as is. It's not the longest, I don't think, but I can swing it as hard as I want to and it just wants to go straight.

So now that I find out the Vapor pro fits as well, I'm wondering if I should just go straight to the Vapor pro head. If I could have the solid stability I already have with this, and some extra performance, I'll probably get sick of hearing myself talk about how much I like it.

Played this club today. As Milehighgolfer stated, it was either Rory or tiger today lol. Some bombs down the pipe and a few big blocks. All swing issues but it's definitely penal when you come ott and strike it on the toe with open face lol

The Volt color is "age inappropriate" for me, but I can't help myself from seriously pondering this. I'm going today to see if I can find one to try, and maybe even see if I can pop it on to my current shaft for some swings.

No luck finding a Vapor pro to try today. I did try a Vapor flex, didn't really get along with it, couldn't seem to find the center. I hit a couple of decent shots, and the rest were awful. I put it on my shaft and it wasn't any better. I was all to happy to put the beat up old tour head back in and hit some shots to remember what good ones felt like because it was getting embarrassing. I think maybe I just wanted to prove to the guy there that I could actually hit a driver. lol

I finally did find a Vapor pro to try today and it was as good as I was hoping it would be. Everything I like about the covert tour head, along with more forgiveness, especially on thin hits. The Diamana shaft in it was a little shorter than mine, so I got to test the compression channel on the first few, and it works as advertised. I really don't see any need to mess with the tour 2.0 head at this point.

I am absolutely hammering this driver right now - the only problem (if you can call it one) is I'm hitting it further than I'm still expecting to hit a driver and it hurt me a few times yesterday in dry conditions after I hit two absolutely hammered drives that released into hazards. But as far as flight, distance, and forgiveness, it's going brilliantly. I hit one bad drive with it (a handsy pull), but otherwise I hit every drive with this club solid. The Velox Sp is an awesome pairing with this head, just as my fitting in May indicated. And with as good as this club is now, I can't even IMAGINE how good it's going to be with a handcrafted PX one-off shaft in it from #TheHandCraftedExperience!

This has found its way back into the bag as well. Have been hitting it pretty well last few rounds.

This has found its way back into the bag as well. Have been hitting it pretty well last few rounds.
Glad it's treating you well Kang! It's a fun combo for sure!

Nice Kang! I may of just been taking a few passes with this driver at Golf Galaxy....I kind of liked it.

I am absolutely hammering this driver right now - the only problem (if you can call it one) is I'm hitting it further than I'm still expecting to hit a driver and it hurt me a few times yesterday in dry conditions after I hit two absolutely hammered drives that released into hazards. But as far as flight, distance, and forgiveness, it's going brilliantly. I hit one bad drive with it (a handsy pull), but otherwise I hit every drive with this club solid. The Velox Sp is an awesome pairing with this head, just as my fitting in May indicated. And with as good as this club is now, I can't even IMAGINE how good it's going to be with a handcrafted PX one-off shaft in it from #TheHandCraftedExperience!
I can attest to this. You are absolutely spanking the ball with your VP and with a really nice flight to boot.

Cannot wait to pair this head with a D+ 62x for tomorrow's round. Man its exciting to get back in the saddle.

Cannot wait to pair this head with a D+ 62x for tomorrow's round. Man its exciting to get back in the saddle.
About time you get to enjoy some golf. Looking forward to your thoughts. Might easily be the best sounding driver on the market.

Digesting a little from Sundays round. Really impressed by this head paired with the D+ 60. I had it set to 9.5* and it had plenty of height/launch and distance. After only 4 hits on the range and then straight to the course, I wasn't expecting a ton. What I got was pretty excellent in terms of immediate results and sound. Oh my goodness, the sound. It's up right next to my favorites in the acoustics department. Hope to get out again soon and really get a feel for this, but safe to say I'm going to give it a good run!

Digesting a little from Sundays round. Really impressed by this head paired with the D+ 60. I had it set to 9.5* and it had plenty of height/launch and distance. After only 4 hits on the range and then straight to the course, I wasn't expecting a ton. What I got was pretty excellent in terms of immediate results and sound. Oh my goodness, the sound. It's up right next to my favorites in the acoustics department. Hope to get out again soon and really get a feel for this, but safe to say I'm going to give it a good run!

From the "other guy" perspective on this round: The driving range at my course is short, 210y at max with a really tall net. His first drives on the range peppered the net 2/3 up. Then he cleared it twice. On the course, all of his drives were long and basically straight. Only one "bad" swing where it was what amounts to a power draw that landed in the next fairway. But that hole is close to 600y and did not hurt him for a second shot. Much of that is the fact that Tyler is a great player. But it was incredibly humid, and the ball was not carrying as far, and he was still hammering it well past 270 every time. With better conditions, 300+ total distance is definitely in play for Tyler.

This driver performed really well yet again for me in Saturday's round at Gold Mountain. Made two bad swings, but in every case of a half decent swing I got a great result, with 2/3 of the shots with decent contact getting out there past 250 (which is big for me). There were a couple of times when I immediately felt that I toed it, only to look up and see a near perfectly straight ballflight with great distance anyways. And in massive agreement with Dean and Tyler, best sounding driver on the market right now IMHO.

And next week, I get to put an absurdly awesome custom Project X Handcrafted creation in it! Holy CRAP it's going to be insane

From the "other guy" perspective on this round: The driving range at my course is short, 210y at max with a really tall net. His first drives on the range peppered the net 2/3 up. Then he cleared it twice. On the course, all of his drives were long and basically straight. Only one "bad" swing where it was what amounts to a power draw that landed in the next fairway. But that hole is close to 600y and did not hurt him for a second shot. Much of that is the fact that Tyler is a great player. But it was incredibly humid, and the ball was not carrying as far, and he was still hammering it well past 270 every time. With better conditions, 300+ total distance is definitely in play for Tyler.
I'm excited to get it dialed in and see what the pairing can do. And also putting a new grip on it :angel:

Been hitting this really well lately with my raw PX Handcrafted 1/1 in it lately. Hit 7 fairways out of the 12 I hit driver on at the Home Course, with none of the misses causing me any great trouble - though I did manage to chunk a driver once hahahaha. Was getting around 250-ish with roll in the cooler, windy conditions so that was solid.

I tried it at 10.5* instead of 11.5* this round though, and while I still got good results, I think the flight and spin might be just a touch too low for my liking and I may be sacrificing a few yards. I'm gonna go back to 11.5* and see if I notice a difference.

Back