Android Phone Thread

Offered for free. Haggle free too. Simply dial 800 number, they check numbers to make sure program hasn't already been used, overnight new phone, and send postage paid envelope for old phone. Sweet deal! Now I can be brave enough to go case free!!
Just did some quick reading on it. Seems like a good deal. You are right, can risk case free if you wanted.

just pre-ordered the s6 edge 128gb. Whoo hoo! get it on April 10th. Liked my Galaxy Nexus, but for sure time to upgrade.
Have cases been released for it yet? I'm really curious how that will work.

Have cases been released for it yet? I'm really curious how that will work.
I ordered a cheap one off eBay. Says for s6 edge, should be here around same time.

I'm reconsidering my anti s6 edge stance. It's kinda nifty m

We had a spare Galaxy S5 Active laying around the office, so I gave it a shot for a week. Back to the S4. I don't like the S5 version of TouchWiz much, and I kept being forced to have Google Now as my home screen. I just didn't need the aggravation.

I also switched back to the S4 from the Oneplus One. I guess I am just picky.

I'm reconsidering my anti s6 edge stance. It's kinda nifty m
I am not a fan. Too gimmicky for me reminds me of the first touch screen Blackberry came out with. I am not evening thinking about any thing Samsung till I hear/read about TW and the bloatware.

Just upgraded to 5.1, curious what will change.

I am not a fan. Too gimmicky for me reminds me of the first touch screen Blackberry came out with. I am not evening thinking about any thing Samsung till I hear/read about TW and the bloatware.
But everyone loves Flipboard!

I updated early yesterday, so far........no noticeable changes.

Edit: Nevermind, don't think you're talking Nexus.

Last edited:
I just checked to see if my phone had the update but no, not yet. I am still on 4.4.2. And not sure I want to go to version 5 for a while.

I can't wait to update it has been long enough for many of the bugs and kinks to get worked out.

I hope my wife's S5 gets the 5.1 update soon. With 5.0, it just does some odd things since the update. Randomly dropping calls and closing apps. It seems to lag and hang up quite a bit as well. Makes me leary of updating if they only do 5.0 on my Note 3.

I hope my wife's S5 gets the 5.1 update soon. With 5.0, it just does some odd things since the update. Randomly dropping calls and closing apps. It seems to lag and hang up quite a bit as well. Makes me leary of updating if they only do 5.0 on my Note 3.

mine did some crazy things too with the 5.0 update. I backed it up, did a factory reset and everything is good now with 5.0. Same thing for my wife's.

mine did some crazy things too with the 5.0 update. I backed it up, did a factory reset and everything is good now with 5.0. Same thing for my wife's.
I may have to try that. My wife is not tech saavy, so I have to set everything up for her and if anything isn't in the same spot as it was before, she'll be confused and mad. Maybe I will make my son do it so that he can catch the blame instead of me....

I may have to try that. My wife is not tech saavy, so I have to set everything up for her and if anything isn't in the same spot as it was before, she'll be confused and mad. Maybe I will make my son do it so that he can catch the blame instead of me....

I used Kies to backup and restore the wife's, was pretty simple.

not sure if true or not, but they say it'll have 40% less preloaded stuff than previous Samsung phones. And looking on various websites its rated higher than anything else available.

I have heard that the S6 Edge will not have the same functionality along the "edge" as the Note Edge, which I hope isn't true. That would be a deal breaker for me buying one. I kind of like the scrolling notification bar on the Note Edge, but if that was missing from the S6 Edge, the curved screen does nothing for me.

I have heard that the S6 Edge will not have the same functionality along the "edge" as the Note Edge, which I hope isn't true. That would be a deal breaker for me buying one. I kind of like the scrolling notification bar on the Note Edge, but if that was missing from the S6 Edge, the curved screen does nothing for me.

It's not the same.

I am updating the Nexus 7 to 5.1 as soon as it will do it. I told it to download it last night but it never really did anything.

I think the functionality of the edges are supposed to be vastly improved, but different from the Note.

Is there any functionality from the curved edge on it, or is it just a curve?

It's more for quick contacts and other quick links I believe.

only difference is that bar isn't always on the edge, only when you activate it, it'll slide out from the left or right, I believe to save battery.
will have contacts shown as colors, and have the clock on it for now.

Back