Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Speaking on behalf of team tradition, I think you should just pass on those.

Who needs long, high, straight shots?
My iron play is the weakest part of my game lately so it makes sense to grab all the help I can get.
Not to say its bad per say, but I miss more shots with irons than anything else.

I had a great lesson today. Now I need to wear out a few buckets burning this stuff into muscle memory. My instructor is pretty happy with everything, but there are some pretty significant improvements in distance I was getting today with a few minor tweaks. Four more lessons before MB.

D3E4C759-AE1B-4E14-9E4A-C2F317446759.png_zps2reaevpc.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
Have fun with this hole!

Tht is the toughest hole on both courses. The bu keys on the left make it very difficult to cut the corner. So the shot is middle right which leaves you a long to mid iron in. Take an extra club, it's needed.

Good good? If not, 5 wood (or driver from blues) and probably 6 iron in. Hope I'm straight and not long...

Last edited:
Yep, don't go long. Avoid the tree on the left.

Tree on the left is awful. My sight line on that hole was right where that end of fairway yardage is and hit my 21 degree right at it. If it hooked (and it did) it was still enough to get past the tree and give my partner a nice angle into the green. If I pushed it, I'd still have a fairway lie for my partner and he'd have 7-8 iron in.

If you think the tee shot is nasty, that green is on the smaller side and the photo doesn't do justice to the hazard or the size of the bunker going around the side or back of the complex.

D3E4C759-AE1B-4E14-9E4A-C2F317446759.png_zps2reaevpc.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
Have fun with this hole!

This is probably my favorite hole on the course. It's tough, but I like the layout and the look of it.

Off the tee, hit something about 230 towards the left side. A draw is helpful to the corner.

From there, you face an island green surrounded by sand. There is no place to leave the ball apart from the green or the sand. But, if you're 230ish off the tee, you only have about 140 into the green. You have to trust the yardage and hit a solid shot.

Bogeys and "others" live in those traps...

From the tips I would go 3w only because the end of the fairway runs out at 270 from there. Clearly going right will make the approach shot a longer. Given my fade, I might be lookin at 9 maybe 8 iron too the green.

Tree on the left is awful. My sight line on that hole was right where that end of fairway yardage is and hit my 21 degree right at it. If it hooked (and it did) it was still enough to get past the tree and give my partner a nice angle into the green. If I pushed it, I'd still have a fairway lie for my partner and he'd have 7-8 iron in.

If you think the tee shot is nasty, that green is on the smaller side and the photo doesn't do justice to the hazard or the size of the bunker going around the side or back of the complex.
Nobody is mentioning the little ridge that is in the green? So being on the correct side of that is kind of important too.

Man, this hole is tough. I wish lightning would strike down that tree. There is no where to miss on this green which means you have to try and hug the left side to get a wedge in there. But that brings into play that horrid tree. Only place to miss this green is short. Then at least you could bump one up the neck. Just a tough hole. If you normally hit a fade of the tee, it's real hard to put one in a good spot.

Nobody is mentioning the little ridge that is in the green? So being on the correct side of that is kind of important too.

Forgot about the ridge, you're absolutely correct. Old age moment hehe

Such an awesome hole. Not only is the tee shot important, but if you aren't in a good position off the tee, going for the green gets harder and has you looking for the layup spot away from the sand.

I can't wait to get down there, the short game area at Caladonia is first rate! The range at True blue is solid, and both courses have a decent practice green to roll some putts on.

I agree, but if you can get on the green in regulation, regardless of where you are, there's a good chance you'll have the advantage over your opponent.

I agree, but if you can get on the green in regulation, regardless of where you are, there's a good chance you'll have the advantage over your opponent.
Haha true, but it's the Internet so I was dreaming big!

Yikes. Looms like 3w hopefully to 130 or so and then PW. Thus hoke looks like a tough one.

13 is such a tough hole. Can cut the corner over the tree but will have an awkward lie most likely. Can play it straight ahead and have 140-160 in.

Missing green anywhere but short is death. Terribly tough deep bunker all the way around.

13 is such a tough hole. Can cut the corner over the tree but will have an awkward lie most likely. Can play it straight ahead and have 140-160 in.

Missing green anywhere but short is death. Terribly tough deep bunker all the way around.
And not the best of sand in there if I recall :)

And not the best of sand in there if I recall :)

Absolutely not. Last year I put myself up against the lip.....took 2 swings and then just picked the damn ball up.

Again, don't miss the green left, right, or long!! Haha

Shakey is ready to make some noise in this

Back