2015 THP Invitational at Prairie Highlands - Kansas City Area

What the hell is a draw?

What the hell is a draw?

I am very unfamiliar with it, luckily being a lefty I am very familiar with a cut/power fade/slice which is what I would need on this hole if I started down the right

HaHa. I can hit one of those every once in awhile--when I'm least expecting it.
Story of my life. "Where the hell did that come from?" is the usual reaction hahaha

Figured I would start dropping some course info in this thread as we are getting super close

Hol01-01.jpg

The first hole is sort of laid out right in front of you. The bunker on the right is going to be reachable from the Blue Tees (where I expect we will probably pay from) If the wind is blowing decently into the face then many hitters may not reach it, but last few times I have played it the wind has been behind and you can go right over it. The green has quite a bit of undulation as many on the course do, so hitting the right tier is key. Lots of room on this hole to let the driver go and leave yourself a short iron or a wedge into the green.
You long knockers kill me. 392 - short iron/wedge. I'm just hoping I can get there with my 2/3 hybo and not have to pull my 3w out...haha Thank you though for sharing your takes on these holes. It's going to help us all out, myself included.

Lets keep this going with Hole #2

Hol01-02.jpg

Usually plays into a favorable wind. It is about 375 from the blue tees where I imagine we will be playing. The fairway is pretty wide, but don't let that lull you into a sense of confidence because a miss right and you find some nasty tall fescue and your ball is going to be difficult to find, and if found even more difficult to hit out of. Favor the left side as there is much more room to miss along the cart path, but too far left and again in fescue. Hit an approach to the correct tier and have a pretty straight forward putt. Don't miss your approach shot left near that bunker as that is also surrounded by nasty fescue where you will be lucky to get your ball out and into the bunker there.
Those pot bunkers look scary too. All in all a real nicely designed hole.

Posted this in the wrong place, so here it is again

Lets keep this thing going with Hole #3 at Prairie Highlands

Hol01-03.jpg

This one plays about 375 from the blue tees. Note the bunkers on the left and right sides of the fairway. The fairway is bigger than I believe that picture shows, but if you miss left you have quite a bit of native grass awaiting you and a very difficult shot out of it. Hit the fairway leaving yourself a mid-short iron into the green for many hitters and then just focus on hitting the green. The green is surrounded by 3 bunkers, and depending on pin placement if you end up in one of these it is going to make for a very difficult up and down. I recommend a ball down the right side of the fairway which gives you more room incase you miss.

HW off the tee for me!

One more for today

This is a longish Par 5 coupled by the fact that everytime I have played it the wind has been howling into my face

Hol01-04.jpg

It is listed at 550 on the card, and if the wind is in it is more like 600+. The trees on the right with the fescue are reachable, unfortunately I have found them a few times. The fairway is wider than it seems in the picture so just get something out there in play, and then smoke a second shot leaving you a wedge/short-iron into the green. This hole has quite a bit more rough than many, a big miss left would be required to find the fescue/trees.

I just want to play golf with my THP friends and eat some food. #SimpleMan
You're the salt of the earth, Big Time. Where's the line start to get your autograph?

I could go for that too!

That part is a guarantee already just by signing up, so why not aim high?

#WantTHREE
#FOURcomesinDecember

That part is a guarantee already just by signing up, so why not aim high?

#WantTHREE
#FOURcomesinDecember
I'm gonna fight you for the 3rd, but I agree we each will add another in December. Can't let the Callaway guys hog all of the HOF tags.

Next freaking week... Can't wait!

I'm gonna fight you for the 3rd, but I agree we each will add another in December. Can't let the Callaway guys hog all of the HOF tags.

Next freaking week... Can't wait!

Better yet, lets just get paired together! LOL

Back