What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started out hot with two birdies on the front. Back tightened up and started to bleed strokes. Shot 38/46 for a fun by disappointing 84.

44/41 at Seneca Hickory Stick. Had a couple,lost balls on bad breaks and hot a few bad shots bit overall played pretty good. Best part was playing with THPers.

45-40 for 85. Actually hit the ball decent on the front nine but just didn't score at all, short game was a mess. Didn't hit it as well on the back nine, but short game was better, I guess that's golf in a nutshell. Driver still feels very weird whenever I'm on the tee, going to the driving range tomorrow morning to sort that out.

41-39 for an 80. Could have, and should have, been in the 70s, but didn't sink a few putts.

Played in a 4-man out at ridgewood today. Shot -13, 57. Lost by a stroke. Had too many putts burn edges. Eagled a par 5, only to have to group right behind us do the same and take away the skin. Easily could have and should have been -15/-16. Oh well. On to the next one next weekend!

I shot 52/47 for a 99 at Lakeridge golf course in Reno. First time playing there so reasonably happy how it went overall.

The good news is I had 6 pars and 7 bogeys, unfortunately I had 2 doubles and 3 triples to card a 92. On all of the triples my ball managed to find water. It's amazing how close I am to playing decent golf, but I always seem to have 3-4 blow up holes which completely derail my round.

Lick Creek - Pekin Illinois - 6500 yds. 71.6/133

41/38 = 79

My 12th round this year and I finally had a solid one. I still had to throw in a blow-up hole on #5 after barely missing the fairway right with my 4 wood only to have the ball bounce off the cart path into the trees where I had no shot (way to play it safe). I then tried to play a low % shot out and hit a tree ending up down on #8 tee. 2 more shots to get back to the fairway, ect. ect. I took a 7 on that hole. Other than that...

3 Birdies
8 Pars
5 Bogies
1 Double
(plus the triple)

10 greens
31 putts

The back felt really good (until the drive home anyway) and I hit many, many shots absolutely right out of the center of the club face. And the misses weren't too far off. Just a fun day.

VsZaA5o.png

Last edited:
Falls Village, blue tees (6400 yards). Shot a 50/49. Off the tee was terrible, but 28 putts saved me today. Short game was good today. 5 penalties ... to think what could have been. Had one birdie, but offset by a snowmen and a nine.

41-35/ 76 from 6100 yards today. Short game was ridiculous today. Had 2 looks at Eagle and 3 birdies on the back. 28 putts. My iron game wasn't very good but scrambled well and hit my driver extremely well today. 7 GIR may be a personal best for me. Great day out there today.

Great job! Where were you?

Apple mountain in Belvidere

Nice..haven't been there yet. Bowling Green tomorrow.

Shot 82 (net 65 for T-4th place) at our red, white, and blue tourney today. We played 6 holes each from the blues (tips), whites (middle-ish), and reds (ladies). We got to pick which tees at each hole so there's some strategy involved. Fun format to play.

Last edited:
Nice..haven't been there yet. Bowling Green tomorrow.

Shot 82 (net 65 for 6th place) at our red, white, and blue tourney today. We played 6 holes each from the blues (tips), whites (middle-ish), and reds (ladies). We got to pick which tees at each hole so there's some strategy involved. Fun format to play.
Played bowling Green a few weeks ago. It was a decent track but definitely not worth $90. I think I saw you had a Groupon so that's worth it.

Attaboy Rickaaaaaaaaay!

46/38(84). Take of two 9s had a double and triple on the 2nd and 3rd holes. Missed a couple par putts. Swing came around at the the turn and short game kicked in too

Made it through 11 before the downpour began and I got soaked to the bone. 39 on the front.

44 front 9 - 39 back 9 today. Absolutely terrible ball striking day. Could not hit a short iron to save my life today, usually a stronger part of my game.

Putting lip outs continue. Lag putting was bad. Just kept grinding to finish the round and come up with a somewhat respectable score.

So a week ago, I shot 44 front, 39 back, and lipped out putt after putt.

Same course, 1 week later.

46 on the front. More missed/lipped putts than I have ever had. Lost ball here, missed green there. Finally started hitting my irons the way I was used to. Launching High, Landing Soft. Finally fixed the iron swing, Driver swing all over the place.

We finish on the 9th green, and I am frustrated. Worst score I have put up at this course in years.... like 7 years.

We head back to the first tee to do it all again. The weather is as hot/humid as it has been here in ages, but the wind finally picked up a bit to cool it down.

I birdied both par 3's (which I had double bogies on the first time through), and went pars on everything else.

I chip to 1.5 feet for a gimme on the 9th, and card a 33. My personal best score, a score I had shot only once before (when I was playing 80 rounds a year). First time I have ever played any round without a bogey.

46 front, 33 back, for a 79...... and the best part is my handicap still goes up from a 12.6 to a 13.1 LOL.

A solid 80 (39/41 - 31 putts) with 3 birds and 6 pars. Had two three putts and both from being FIR & GIR so not all that happy about that.

Last hole, pulled a drive into the fescue and lost the ball so would of broken 80 for the first time at Royce Brook, NJ for the first time but for the penalty.

Gamed a slightly altered grip and I'm liking the results.

Shot 40/37 - 77 today.. Was really pleased w/ ball striking today .. No blow up holes!!! 1 birdie, 11 pars and 6 bogies.. 2 3- putts for bogey ( both on par 5s... Grrr).. 30 putts/ 9 GIRs.. Putter still giving me grief but did manage to get up and down 5 times today..

Finally some results!!!!

Went out in 38, came back in 33... with genuine opportunities to stay at 32 or get better. Can't even begin to describe how good it felt.

Finally able to get out and play, 48/40-88. I started slow but picked it up on the back side.

39/38-77
Played with a couple young long ballers playing the tips (6998 73.8/143) so joined them as 3 tee boxes would have been bad with Tera playing up.

Was fun seeing the frustration on their faces trying to get up on this ole man. Weirdest putting stance I've seen in a while
df4683a503988be02baf80e5a72b2d94.jpg

11 Girs
10 FWs
1 bird
11 pars
6 bogies

Had tweaked my back this morning and thought I was in for. Went to the range and loosened it back up. Couldn't swing hard...hmmm...light bulb. Smooth tempo was fun. #notreallyalreadyknowthatjustdontdoit

Shot 78 this morning. Just wasn't feeling it this morning on only 3 hrs of sleep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot 78 this morning. Just wasn't feeling it this morning on only 3 hrs of sleep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish I don't feel it and throw up 78 lol

49/46 - 95
I had awful day with the flat stick. Still had a lot fun playing a beautiful course in sedona with a couple THPers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back