Regional Rivalry Is Coming To THP

I feel like this may be the fastest growing thread in THP history. Are there statistics to measure that? Nearly 1100 posts in 4 days seems incredible. I guess that just shows how 'competitive' we all are for our regions.

~Rock

Think your right....should probably lock it up and start it new one.....esp. with Jake in here now! Glad he woke up from his nap!

Think your right....should probably lock it up and start it new one.....esp. with Jake in here now! Glad he woke up from his nap!
What is that #HaveGameCan'tTravel? You talking trash to me? 0 fer? Come again?

I feel like this may be the fastest growing thread in THP history. Are there statistics to measure that? Nearly 1100 posts in 4 days seems incredible. I guess that just shows how 'competitive' we all are for our regions.

~Rock

I think it also has to do with the unknown. Every THP event I have been a part of although limited has been a blast. I have friends that I would have never met withouth THP and with the regional rivalry could add more.

Well vman has a tough job since he volunteered :D

Stop that! You old coot. There's a good chance I won't even be living in Georgia when this goes down!

I was thinking about Nebraska again, I did a little digging of people I remembered who have signed up more recently, there have been a few Huskers who have come and gone, but based on recent history and activity, I think we can get to 8.

Even if I have to fill up an RV and start campaigning with a grassroots political guerrilla style marketing!!!

I know we can get to 8:
  1. IceyShanks
  2. NebGolfer
  3. Mulligann9111
  4. crazygolfnut
  5. thedue
  6. Rhyno
  7. TCB2010
  8. Crs7

I was born in Omaha and if St. Louis doesn't have a team I can be drafted by Nebraska :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I could borrow this to campaign in!!!
EC120-Huskers-1008a1.jpg

I think Iowa had 4 or 5 people at our unofficial Fall gathering in 2014. I keep thinking of everyone that has come to Iowa events. I know we have more than 8 members. I know we have a member or two who simply live on the wrong side of the river in the Quad Cities. Either way, if given the opportunity, I'll make sure Iowa has enough to field a team.

~Rock

I knew I shouldn't be reading this at work. Trying not to laugh, now they are all looking at me like I have a medical issue.

OK, with all this talk about Texas not leaving the state, how many events do I need to attend out of state to satisfy the requirements some require?:D

I don't think your dedication and participation is being questioned....least not by us Texans! The rest of the world is always judging this great state so their answer might be different. Also helps if you didn't attend an event with a 14 club deal.....so I hear. :D

I'm enjoying poking Texas in the ribs as much as the next guy. But I'd be remiss (that's 'Merican for not paying attention or caring, in case any Texans are reading this post) if I didn't acknowledge that I've had the pleasure of teeing it up or making friends at events with some of the finest THPrs around, all of whom happen to be from Texas. Yeah, I'm talking to you TBD, MikeG, Cookie, afwcardinal and others.

OK, with all this talk about Texas not leaving the state, how many events do I need to attend out of state to satisfy the requirements some require?:D

I don't think your dedication and participation is being questioned....least not by us Texans! The rest of the world is always judging this great state so their answer might be different. Also helps if you didn't attend an event with a 14 club deal.....so I hear. :D

FWIW, nobody would ever say anything about a number of you guys. This came up because you listed a bunch of guys that were ready after I said that states might need 8 that could travel. More than half of those guys have not (or dont anymore) traveled to THP Events or even signed up for any (and have not even clicked this thread). Hence the reason we put out that events are not going to be in people's backyard.

Now surely each state in here has some that have THP Event experience, but I think a few got a bit ahead of themselves in fielding their teams. We hope that everybody that is in the mix, stays in the mix and is interested when details come out. I mean with the way Texas has been talking, there really is no reason to play the actual game...Until we do of course.

I wonder how the captains will feel the pressure of fielding a team?

I wonder how the captains will feel the pressure of fielding a team?

Would be plenty of tough decisions. But I would want my captain to be someone that can handle that kind of pressure. Because that's nothing compared to staring at a 6 footer to win a match on Sunday

Would these be playing Captains JB?
Figure it never hurts to ask....

Would these be playing Captains JB?
Figure it never hurts to ask....

Hmmm. Good question.
I probably have an answer to that.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler