Knuth High Heat Driver Preview

I believe the combo today was the 9.5 loft, Fujikura Pro 63?

Got to say the only par I made was with the High Heat Drive, but that impact sound hurt the hearing aids.

The High Heat was a surprise for me as well. It looks goofy, but it feels like the ball explodes off the face--maybe because it leaves your ears ringing. I'm not exaggerating when I say it hurt my head after hitting it, which is too bad because I think it's otherwise a surprisingly good driver.

I really think it's sad tbough that I just don't see this driver taking off mainly due to price, $400 for it will scare a lot of people away but if they charge to little people will think it's junk. It's a pretty crappy situation I feel.

I'd buy this driver in aheart beat if the sound would go away. But sadly I think the sound goes with the tech that allowed so many to hit their best drivers on 18. Watching spicoli hit it off the toe 280 was something to see.

I also felt it delivered harsh feed back, but the results I saw were amazng
The High Heat was a surprise for me as well. It looks goofy, but it feels like the ball explodes off the face--maybe because it leaves your ears ringing. I'm not exaggerating when I say it hurt my head after hitting it, which is too bad because I think it's otherwise a surprisingly good driver.

I'd buy this driver in aheart beat if the sound would go away. But sadly I think the sound goes with the tech that allowed so many to hit their best drivers on 18. Watching spicoli hit it off the toe 280 was something to see.
Oh I completely agree with what your saying, I just don't see the guy that's going into Golf Galaxy buying this over a Taylormade or Callaway. Here's a great example of the thinking, I satrted telling my father about it and his first response was "what is it like an expensive Warrior club, like one of those companies?" Couple that with the fact that you can't even get it in a B&M its gonna hurt this club.

oh and yes that toe hit was just ridiculous

Back when I was playing a lot of modified fast pitch softball (almost 20 yrs ago) a bat company called DeMarini came out with a bat that took the softball/baseball world by storm. The balls exploded off the bats and home runs were being hit by singles hitters on a regular basis. The talk was that they were made from Russian submarine titanium. The spring effect of the thin face double wall construction had officials considering banning these because of the ball speed coming off the bats. Pitchers were getting drilled faster than they could react. They were very expensive bats at the time (over $200) and they started failing and cracking in a short period of use. I don't know if they are even made any more, but watching the video and the talk of the Russian submarine titanium reminded me of the bats and made me laugh.

DeMarini is still a premium brand. They had a whole section on our tour of the Wilson HQ.

Back when I was playing a lot of modified fast pitch softball (almost 20 yrs ago) a bat company called DeMarini came out with a bat that took the softball/baseball world by storm. The balls exploded off the bats and home runs were being hit by singles hitters on a regular basis. The talk was that they were made from Russian submarine titanium. The spring effect of the thin face double wall construction had officials considering banning these because of the ball speed coming off the bats. Pitchers were getting drilled faster than they could react. They were very expensive bats at the time (over $200) and they started failing and cracking in a short period of use. I don't know if they are even made any more, but watching the video and the talk of the Russian submarine titanium reminded me of the bats and made me laugh.
In our softball league we had a guy on our team who used a DeMarini bat and that thing would just crush balls. That was about 5 years ago

I want to hit this driver just to hear the noise every one is talking about. I tend to like driver with a louder noise but this sounds crazy

I'm hoping this driver may make an appearance at LIITA.

This thing is College World Series loud.

This thing is College World Series loud.

Nothing that can't be fixed with some expandable NVH automotive foam. I've used it inside of 6 or 7 loud driver heads and it works miracles.

Nothing that can't be fixed with some expandable NVH automotive foam. I've used it inside of 6 or 7 loud driver heads and it works miracles.

how do you get it in the head? pull the shaft, spray it in, then re-shaft?

I have seen guys do this with the g30 driver also.

I also felt it delivered harsh feed back, but the results I saw were amazng

If people can overlook the sound and the fact this is not a name brand driver, I think this one would work for a lot of people.

DeMarini is still a premium brand. They had a whole section on our tour of the Wilson HQ.
I have three of their bats..too bad I don't play softball any longer

how do you get it in the head? pull the shaft, spray it in, then re-shaft?

Pull the shaft on some clubs or often I have just drilled a small 1/8" hole somewhere inconspicuous and filled it that way.

I'm liking the feedback in here, though the sound is a bummer.

I have no idea how I got there, but about a month ago, I remember being on the web site and being intrigued by the claims made.
I also remember thinking it was going to have a high ping when struck.
So my assumption was correct it appears. :alien:

Yea I can see that Cace. Any idea what shaft was in there?

Nice. I really liked that shaft.

Back