2015 THP Invitational at The Club at Savannah Harbor

People love them that's for sure, even my kids have grown to like them a ton.

I hated them my entire life, until I tried them in South Carolina. Now I am hooked. They have to be made right, when done right they are creamy and delicious. When made wrong, they are bland and (no pun intended) gritty.

Maybe I should try them like cream of wheat with sugar, everyone said that's the best way to learn them lol, Savannah may be a test market for grits lol.

Maybe I should try them like cream of wheat with sugar, everyone said that's the best way to learn them lol, Savannah may be a test market for grits lol.

No No No.
Oh you poor poor man.
I will fix you a nice bowl of grits and you will like them dammit.

And FWIW, once you fall in love with them (which you will), Charleston has one place that is truly to die for, for this item.

Don't give up on them. My mom likes them plain with sugar which is truly gross in my book, but everyone has their favorite way to eat them, and when you find that they really are delicious.

My breakfast grits are made with brown sugar and butter.
People love them that's for sure, even my kids have grown to like them a ton.

I'd say never lol but THP has proven time and time again that I'm wrong on many fronts lol.

I have never had sweet grits and frankly can not ever see myself wanting them. Just mix in some shredded cheddar and real butter and I am good to go.

My dad grew up putting sugar or maple syrup in his grits. I like them that way or with cheese or with butter and salt or really just any way. I love grits

No No No.
Oh you poor poor man.
I will fix you a nice bowl of grits and you will like them dammit.

And FWIW, once you fall in love with them (which you will), Charleston has one place that is truly to die for, for this item.
Where's your favorite "grits" establishment in Charleston?

I love grits - I eat grits with jelly/jam. My southern friends think I am crazy.
Their kids, however, eat grits with jelly also.

I have never had sweet grits and frankly can not ever see myself wanting them. Just mix in some shredded cheddar and real butter and I am good to go.

I'm with you...never had or wish to have sweet grits, but I will eat some savory ones whenever possible.

No wonder so many people hate grits though when you consider the watery soup some people pass off as grits.

I love grits with some smoked sausage cut up in them, awesome!

I don't know what kind of grits we had when I was a kid, I just remember hating them. I won't rule out a trip to the grit bar, but I won't promise anything either.

Poogan's Porch with a shout out to SNOB
Been a long time ago, but I have dined at this fine establishment 5 or 6 times. Grits were part of the meal each and every time!

I love grits with some smoked sausage cut up in them, awesome!

I like dipping bacon in mine, but sausage isn't a bad alternative!

I'm definitely hitting the grits bar and giving it an honest chance to impress this westerner.

I'm definitely hitting the grits bar and giving it an honest chance to impress this westerner.

You'll like it.

If you don't, you can take the carpetbagger train back out of town.

:alien:

Looking forward to it. Seeing the Northern gang this weekend in Kentucky and it looks like a lot of the Southern THP gang at this event. This might also be the first event that I bring my girlfriend along and show her what all this internet golf is about.

Grits are really really good. Just saying. Not biased. :alien:

I'm at my first THP event as we speak. Just did the meet & greet, and now at the hotel, resting for tomorrow's fun. I haven't even played in the event yet and I already know I want to be part of another! Sent a message to the powers that be to add my name to the list!

I'm at my first THP event as we speak. Just did the meet & greet, and now at the hotel, resting for tomorrow's fun. I haven't even played in the event yet and I already know I want to be part of another! Sent a message to the powers that be to add my name to the list!

Boom Boom bringing his talents to Savannah!

BOOM!

Boom Boom bringing his talents to Savannah!

BOOM!

I have yet to see you name on the list of those that will be bringing their talents to Savannah. It takes 2 to add to the list and I know your van knows the way to Savannah. Just sayin'....

Back