KENTWOOL Socks Forum Testing Review Thread

This is me exactly. When the promos come (and they do), I order. I go through socks about once a year or less with regular brands and still have my Kentwools from 3-4 years ago.

This is the exact affirmation I was looking for as to their quality. I do the same with my Puma and Fila (less than 1 year before they are worn out). If the Kentwool last that long it is definitely worth the little extra coin up front. Not too mention they are just so darn comfortable. I really can't stress that enough to anyone on the fence with these.

This is the exact affirmation I was looking for as to their quality. I do the same with my Puma and Fila (less than 1 year before they are worn out). If the Kentwool last that long it is definitely worth the little extra coin up front. Not too mention they are just so darn comfortable. I really can't stress that enough to anyone on the fence with these.

Im with you there. They are unlike any other sock I have worn. GG has a couple of pairs going on about 6 years I think.

I have read the comments and reviews and it seems like a VERY well made pair of socks.
I guess my question to the reviewers is what makes this sock worth the $$$$?

I would have to see amazing performance differences in a sock to justify spending 500% or more on them than I regularly do.

Do any reviewers that have never used these before now plan on buying them regularly for future use?

Thanks

Next time I catch a deal I'm buying the dress sock model as well. I can tell a big difference between these socks and the ones I normally wear. I'd like to build up a solid collection. I've never spent more than $10 on a pair of socks before now.

Next time I catch a deal I'm buying the dress sock model as well. I can tell a big difference between these socks and the ones I normally wear. I'd like to build up a solid collection. I've never spent more than $10 on a pair of socks before now.

I will say that is one of the beauties is that you can build up a good rotation and then they are good for years.

I have read the comments and reviews and it seems like a VERY well made pair of socks.
I guess my question to the reviewers is what makes this sock worth the $$$$?

I would have to see amazing performance differences in a sock to justify spending 500% or more on them than I regularly do.

Do any reviewers that have never used these before now plan on buying them regularly for future use?

Thanks

After a few rounds with my review pair I took advantage of the deal and bought two and got one free. So I have four pair now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will say that is one of the beauties is that you can build up a good rotation and then they are good for years.

Exactly why I got four pair. Now I just coordinate better and plan to get lots of use out of them.

Still can't get over how good these perform in wet conditions. I'm not afraid to wear my Faas Lite 2.0s on a damp course anymore. I'm not saying you can step in a puddle and stay dry, but I love that I don't get that squishy sock feeling with these.

Played 18 yesterday and 18 this morning with the tour profiles. Quite a bit of humidity today. These socks really help with the pain I used to get after playing a round. Who would think a little bit of material strategically placed would make a huge difference but I don't feel like I need to crash after playing 18 anymore.

Have any of the testers (or anyone else) noticed any quality problems? I took advantage of the sale and ordered 3 pairs of the KW Sport, which is a bamboo/wool blend. I was absolutely loving them--maybe the most comfortable sock I've ever owned. But I walked about 10 miles in them last Friday and when I took my shoes off at the end of the day, there was a hole in toe seam of my right sock and the toe seam of the left was nearly torn. The size is correct, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm going to contact them and see what they say, but I definitely expected to get more than 2-3 wears out of a $21 pair of socks.

Have any of the testers (or anyone else) noticed any quality problems? I took advantage of the sale and ordered 3 pairs of the KW Sport, which is a bamboo/wool blend. I was absolutely loving them--maybe the most comfortable sock I've ever owned. But I walked about 10 miles in them last Friday and when I took my shoes off at the end of the day, there was a hole in toe seam of my right sock and the toe seam of the left was nearly torn. The size is correct, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm going to contact them and see what they say, but I definitely expected to get more than 2-3 wears out of a $21 pair of socks.

Contect them immediately. Because of all of the pairs I have had over the years, nothing like this has happened. Im sure they will replace for you.

Zero quality issues out of any of the pairs that I have. I'm sure they'll take care of you!

Contect them immediately. Because of all of the pairs I have had over the years, nothing like this has happened. Im sure they will replace for you.

Just did and you were right on. They're great to deal with and are sending a replacement for that pair. Haven't noticed any problems with the other two pair yet, but I'll keep my eye out. I really do love the feel of the socks, so I'm hoping (and guessing) this was just an anomaly.

I definitely have not. Wore them yesterday walking in some nice heat again and they performed flawlessly. No stitches loose or elasticity being lost.

On a side note, I could wear these daily. Only issue is that I'm not accustomed to spending that much on socks but when you consider the long term performance they are likely worth the investment.

I bought a pair of the Wool/Bamboo Kent Wool socks on sale 3 weeks ago for $16 for one pair. I've worn them 3 times now. Hold up great to washing, and are very comfortable. Very breathable. That being said, I don't think they are worth the money. I have some higher end New Balance and Adidas socks that I paid around $3 to $5 a pair for at Marshalls and I think they perform just as well. Don't get me wrong, I certainly like the Kent Wool but I think the price is at a very high premium, especially at the $20 regular price.

No issues on my end. Several times wearing and two washes also. A little fuzzier than I'd like but they still are the best feeling sock I've worn.

I've not noticed any quality or wear problems. I haven't had them that long though.

I hate sounding like a broken record but that's where I'm at with these. Yesterday was a hot one, pushing mid 90's and sunny throughout the afternoon. I wore my Kentwools with the Puma Faas Lite 2.0's. Think I will break down sound into general highlights of these socks for me after wearing them for a total of 5 round I believe so far:

- ZERO slippage, just ZERO. No adjustment on course has been needed and I walk almost all my rounds.
- No dampness being experienced. Yes I'm sweating but the feet aren't becoming a swamp and they just slide off nicely once back at home.
- Truly a no/low profile sock that you just barely see with shoes and exactly the look I prefer.
- Comfort is there. Some of my other low profile socks look great but they are so thin that some of the shoes you could feel some of the shoe internals. These have such nice padding to them that if you do have a shoe that may rub just a little wrong these could go a long ways to helping you never notice it.

$20/pair is steep at retail costs but I can definitely see the value in long term when able to catch these on sale.

Any questions? Please ASK! Will do whatever I can to address them.

I hate sounding like a broken record but that's where I'm at with these. Yesterday was a hot one, pushing mid 90's and sunny throughout the afternoon. I wore my Kentwools with the Puma Faas Lite 2.0's. Think I will break down sound into general highlights of these socks for me after wearing them for a total of 5 round I believe so far:

- ZERO slippage, just ZERO. No adjustment on course has been needed and I walk almost all my rounds.
- No dampness being experienced. Yes I'm sweating but the feet aren't becoming a swamp and they just slide off nicely once back at home.
- Truly a no/low profile sock that you just barely see with shoes and exactly the look I prefer.
- Comfort is there. Some of my other low profile socks look great but they are so thin that some of the shoes you could feel some of the shoe internals. These have such nice padding to them that if you do have a shoe that may rub just a little wrong these could go a long ways to helping you never notice it.

$20/pair is steep at retail costs but I can definitely see the value in long term when able to catch these on sale.

Any questions? Please ASK! Will do whatever I can to address them.
At first blush, $20.00 per pair does seem steep. However, in a previous life I learned it's all about the health/well being of your feet and it's not an area that I'm willing to skimp on. Walking 18 isn't overly taxing even when some of my rounds more closely resemble a LANDNAV course than golf. But I'm always looking for equipment that does increase support/comfort.

Testers,
How's the padding/comfort in the Achilles? With shorts I wear no show but I wear taller sock with slacks so I'm interested in hearing from all of the KENTWOOL users.

KENTWOOL Socks Forum Testing Review Thread

At first blush, $20.00 per pair does seem steep. However, in a previous life I learned it's all about the health/well being of your feet and it's not an area that I'm willing to skimp on. Walking 18 isn't overly taxing even when some of my rounds more closely resemble a LANDNAV course than golf. But I'm always looking for equipment that does increase support/comfort.

Testers,
How's the padding/comfort in the Achilles? With shorts I wear no show but I wear taller sock with slacks so I'm interested in hearing from all of the KENTWOOL users.

I have the tour profile and I think this design provides just enough coverage to protect the backs of my feet but not overly obtrusive that most of your ankle is covered. With my traditional socks I notice some rounds (producing lots of moisture) the backs of my ankles get rubbed almost raw from the constant movement. Not so with the kentwools to this point. Basically they stay in place the way they are supposed to and have prevented any chaffing from excessive moisture.

Testers,

My setup will be Low Profile (no show) with shorts and Tour Profile (shows a little bit) with pants. No issues at all with comfort in the achilles. Padding, but not too much padding. This sock just gets it right. It's worth a splurge and then you'll be hooked too.

Just a heads up for anyone interested. I received an email from Kentwool with a British Open promotion.

Buy 4 pairs and receive $20 off using the promo code: BRILLIANT1

Looks like I'll be getting new work socks! Thanks!

Testers,

I have not had any problems with the Achilles, I actually think they feel better in this area then my regular thin dress sock. I will let you know that if your dress socks fit tight on a normal pair they will be really tight with the kentwool on.

Wore these in the scorching heat yesterday after lunch and the last thing on my mind was my socks. I guess that means they're doing their job. Worth every penny, IMO.

Good stuff Josh, I'll be back out in some sweltering weather next weekend with mine on.

Wish I still ran (kinda) as I could give some feedback in that regard also.

Kinda funny - we don't think about the socks until uncomfort sets in, not an issue with these on the feet. Becomes an afterthought when your feet are protected well and let's you focus on playing this great game.

Back