Opinions on Irons, Ping G30, Mizuno JPX 850, Titliest 714 Ap1

Va Hunter

Reaction score
Handicap
Want to purchase new irons, thought maybe my game was good enough for Ping I25, so I demo them and was humbled pretty quick. I need to stick with the game improvement irons. I have narrowed choices to the G30, JPX 850 and the AP1. Looking for some opinions on these irons. Thanks.

Hawk reviewed the G30's and (I think) AP1s. I'm pretty sure each review thread has feedback comparing the two to each other.

I just went the other day and hit the G30s and Ap1s. They are both very forgiving and for MY swing on good strikes the G30s were longer by about 5-7 yards.

Lots of thoughts in their respective threads including direct comparisons.

Want to purchase new irons, thought maybe my game was good enough for Ping I25, so I demo them and was humbled pretty quick. I need to stick with the game improvement irons. I have narrowed choices to the G30, JPX 850 and the AP1. Looking for some opinions on these irons. Thanks.

They are all going to be great, so it's really just down to your preference of looks/feel. Probably not the helpful direction you were looking for, but honestly what one person says they prefer might not be the best for you.

If you really want people to just say which ones they prefer, I would pick the Ping's. Out of game improvement irons, I just think they are the best. I personally wouldn't get Mizuno's that aren't forged, it's just what they are known for and do best. Titleist's are Titleist's, can't go wrong, just prefer the Ping's a little more.

Back