Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering drivers. R15, Fly-Z+, LSTec, and Vapor Pro.

Everything but my putter.

Edit:
I'm still only hitting about 30% of my drives straight(ish), most are high and sliced/pushed right, so I'm wondering if my penchant for all things cheap has led me astray in buying a driver that just doesn't work for me. I don't have a high SS, so I'm concerned the stiff shaft in it might be working against my swing.

Then again, could be just the horrific swing, LOL>

Last edited:
Golf Galaxy is running a double trade in value if you put it towards new R15 or RSi clubs, so now it has me pondering a R15 hybrid

Golf Galaxy is running a double trade in value if you put it towards new R15 or RSi clubs, so now it has me pondering a R15 hybrid

This does not surprise me based on the TM sales as of late.

Nope, me either. But hey that works for me, I've been eyeing them for a while and at double trade in this is a pretty decent time

What is the yardage gap you are trying to maintain? If you are used to the warbird, the Heavenwood is the best thing out there IMO. Great off the deck and the tee, you'll see nice trajectory and distances.

CPO has 20% off right now also.

mikeg is right. Heavenwood does sound like it would fit the bill. Josh made me hit it this weekend and it just wants to go high and straight.

Add another vote for the heavenwood. Unless you don't like high and straight.

I saw GlobalGolf is doing a gift card with the Aeroburner line too. That can't be a good sign.

I was thinking about the j15 driver but its been hard finding review on it.

Over the G30? You were smoking that thing
This weekend was a different story. I hit all of these very well, better than my 30. The "easiest" thing to do is go with the LSTec, but I'm going to try and not do anything hasty - thankfully, someone else grabbed Jman's Vapor Pro, to keep me from a quick decision.

I saw GlobalGolf is doing a gift card with the Aeroburner line too. That can't be a good sign.

I think everywhere is running the gift card thing with Aeroburner...but...what might be part of it, is that I just got an email that they are bringing out black versions of the R15 FW and hybrid, and also a black Aeroburner driver. So add together lack of sales with bringing a different color scheme out and I feel like we've seen this before. Although that black Aeroburner driver looks :good:

Add another vote for the heavenwood. Unless you don't like high and straight.

Ugh, why did I see the 20% off for the Heavenwood on CPO. I'm tempted to pick up the LH model for my Dad as an early Father's Day gift.

wilson v4 and m3 irons are still leading the ponder list along with the 48* tc wedge w/traditional grind.

After buying an X2 Hot Pro a while back, I fiddled with the 2014 Bertha and the Pro and the options I have for shafts and played the Bertha with the Tour Green. Really wasn't pleased with my performance lately and picked up the Pro and put my Black Tie in it and man this thing is something else. Really performed well with it, feels good, great flight when I loft up to 10.5*. I'll ride the hot hand

We'll see where this takes me. Love my Rip Alpha in my hybrid and it makes me wonder if I would love the Tour V shafts in my irons. Apparently it has the same EI profile. Getting that hybrid shaft was a game changer from 200+ yards out.

Now I have to add color into my ponder...black or white R15 hybrid?

Cleveland RTX CB 2.0 54°
And
Callaway PM grind 58°

Just had both in my hand at Golf Galaxy, but my elbow pain talked me out of both on the way to the register.

mikeg is right. Heavenwood does sound like it would fit the bill. Josh made me hit it this weekend and it just wants to go high and straight.

My only main concern with the Heavenwood is the fact that it's only half a degree off from my 4i. That's why I'm leaning more towards trying a utility iron to see how I fare with one of those vs hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only main concern with the Heavenwood is the fact that it's only half a degree off from my 4i. That's why I'm leaning more towards trying a utility iron to see how I fare with one of those vs hybrid.

The shaft length is a lot longer though - that's where the difference in distance and speed is going to come from. I hit my 4i about 180-185 - I think the G30 4i is the same loft, and the heavenwood is at least a club longer for me. Definitely give it a shot.

The shaft length is a lot longer though - that's where the difference in distance and speed is going to come from. I hit my 4i about 180-185 - I think the G30 4i is the same loft, and the heavenwood is at least a club longer for me. Definitely give it a shot.

Ah. Good call on the shaft length. Didn't even think of that.

Heavenwood.... should have hit JB's on saturday.

Heavenwood.... should have hit JB's on saturday.
Do it.

Its the most "high, straight, and dumb awesome" club I have ever owned. Its just fantastic for me.

A heavenwood. Can't stop thinking about it with everyone raving about it. Not sure which club it would replace though

A heavenwood. Can't stop thinking about it with everyone raving about it. Not sure which club it would replace though

Based on specs, I'd guess it would replace your 6 wood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back