TaylorMade - 2015 PGA Show

They did 20 of 20 golf stars from the Hot list so maybe that will help

Yawn....come on TM, you're better than this! (Maybe)

I can't argue the sales numbers since I don't know them, but numbers are numbers and hard to argue, so if they are down they are down. But the RSi lines of irons are very, very good. Also, like tpluff said, they just got 20/20 ratings on the R15 driver. The product is certainly there right now, I think people are just put off with how often they bring new stuff out.

The SLDR got 20/20 as well. That driver was not universally considered perfect. The SLDR driver was the #1 selling driver in 2014. But as a whole, Taylormade took it on the chin last year.

I can't argue the sales numbers since I don't know them, but numbers are numbers and hard to argue, so if they are down they are down. But the RSi lines of irons are very, very good. Also, like tpluff said, they just got 20/20 ratings on the R15 driver. The product is certainly there right now, I think people are just put off with how often they bring new stuff out.
You must've missed the green alien guy in my comment. No one makes bad products in this age, but their "mishits happen" with the irons and the tech design in their metalwoods are extremely contradictory in my experiences. The industry does better as a whole with a strong Taylormade but I think they are still coming down from the white crown cloud of years past.

Well yeah, cause we know that's legit

Knowing it's legit and having an influence are completely different things. The average consumer will look for things like that rating and weigh it heavily on their decision when buying new clubs. Not every consumer is very knowledgeable about equipment and rely on things like those rating systems.

I didn't think they were doing a booth at all, so it's more than I expected to see.

Let's be honest....they are in a downward spiral of late. Focus on a really cool booth wouldn't do much the change the opinion of the consumers.

I don't think the average consumer knows much at all about the PGA Show booths. Thpers are not average consumers

Great clubs but the booth is Meh and the slogan "We've sought the input of our tourning pro's" has already been used again and again.

They do have an entire end cap, so maybe there is more and we just aren't seeing it yet. I believe two years ago they did the little village, that was really cool.
You basically see everything with the photos in the first post. A majority seemed geared towards the hitting bays and seminars.

I didn't think they were doing a booth at all, so it's more than I expected to see.

I thought the were going to just do meeting rooms. But after the past years....what is the message that sends to the attendees.

Too much marketing = people complain

Not enough marketing = a different group of people complain

I thought the were going to just do meeting rooms. But after the past years....what is the message that sends to the attendees.

I think it matters less than you might think. They had their issues with inventory management, but they did (and will continue to) sell a ton of drivers.

Is that new putter I see that is similar to the SI in terms of concept but looks more like a Scotty Cameron Golo

Nothing too exciting, or new. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a lot of the club booths so far have been showcasing clubs with simpler designs (as in, non flashy cavity badges). I have seen far more good looking clubs than TM's irons.

But in terms of performance, the RSi2 is still a well performing iron when I tried it out.

~Rock

Here's something crazy. As much as we may be saying the booth was a disappointment, the thread regarding the booth is at the top of the page.

I don't think the average consumer knows much at all about the PGA Show booths. Thpers are not average consumers

I think it matters less than you might think. They had their issues with inventory management, but they did (and will continue to) sell a ton of drivers.

True statements.....

Just doesn't have the feel of an OEM that is excited about the lineup. I'm not arguing their stuff isn't good, but the pictures just show minimum effort was put into the show. "15 pierces of flare"

Pretty cool to see TM hire Bill Nye the Science guy to man their booth for them

Capture_zpsb283cefc.png

I think it comes down to what we're use to seeing from the Taylormade marketing department. I understand the show is not for the average consumer, but always use to seeing them do something different when it comes to ads and marketing, think most of us just assumed their booth would be similar in style.

And not a single word about Adams, or maybe I missed it.

I am sure it's somewhere. Along with Ashworth and adidas, both shoes and apparel. I know they did a ladies fashion show this morning with some of their LPGA players.
Gotcha, thanks GG. Upon further inspection I did just see the logo under Taylormade on the big banner and on a lanyard.

I'm really surprised they are playing it so low key. I found this years products way better than anything they have put out. I went and hit every club I could find and wound up buying the rsi 2's and an r15 tp rescue. Personally, I haven't been a fan of anything they put out since the r11 driver. Maybe I'm just weird lol.

When you set a precedent, then go polar opposite, people will talk from ALL sides.

Back