TaylorMade - 2015 PGA Show

And not a single word about Adams, or maybe I missed it.

Adams is there. I saw pictures on instagram about it last night

EDIT: Just spoke to the guys, and what you see is what you get here. Mostly hitting bays this year.

Is their booth normally focused on hitting bays? Maybe they're wanting their performance to be their marketing tool?

And I'll throw this long shot out here too : In addition to Adams, what about Yes!?

Is their booth normally focused on hitting bays? Maybe they're wanting their performance to be their marketing tool?

And I'll throw this long shot out here too : In addition to Adams, what about Yes!?

I am not at the show so I can't tell you for sure what is or isn't there. But in years past they had a large section with hitting bays, and then separate sections for all their different clubs and brands. I wouldn't be surprised if YES! wasn't there, although I know they are still most definitely a part of the company.

not really feeling the booth but the RSI2 and possibly the R15 (although not a fan of white) are on the ponder list.

The booth could be anything, as long as the new products are legit and offer innovation I am fine with it.

not really feeling the booth but the RSI2 and possibly the R15 (although not a fan of white) are on the ponder list.

Yes, me too. I don't know the cost difference between what they did this year vs. previous years, but it does look like they cut the budget on purpose. I am more excited about TM product this year than in the previous 2-3 years though. I'm looking forward to trying out the RSI2 irons, and can't wait to follow along on the review thread when that gets up and going here.

Man you guys are a tough crowd. I don't mind the booth, to me it's not a competition to out do past years or the competitors, they're showing their product and find it refreshing that their not boasting a bunch of rediculous hype and keeping it straight forward. Thanks for the pics guys.

They did 20 of 20 golf stars from the Hot list so maybe that will help

Doesn't it seem like it depends on how many advertising dollars are spent with the magazine. It's amazing how that helps determine their ratings!

I thought there would be more flash as well, but I would happily hang out there and take advantage of the hitting bays and simulators.

I didn't think they were doing a booth at all, so it's more than I expected to see.

What made you think that? Just curious.

Doesn't it seem like it depends on how many advertising dollars are spent with the magazine. It's amazing how that helps determine their ratings!
Especially on the "demand" category

Sometimes it seems like it has become sport to knock TM on the forum. They brought some of it on themselves with their decisions and SLDR/Jet driver lines (especially), but overall I see a company that produces a lot of good gear, has great CS and supports THP. TM is down...but so was Callaway just a few years ago before the influx of new talent and the 5 year plan, etc., and look where they are now. I hope they get it straightened out sooner rather than later.

Lots of interesting thoughts in the thread. TaylorMade had a very different feel in their booth this year... seemed a lot more like "here's our gear, now hit it."

Whether that's good or bad is personal opinion, but it seems like their plan today is to have the minds behind the gear and the gear itself tell the story this year.

Grab me an AB hybrid.

Sometimes it seems like it has become sport to knock TM on the forum. They brought some of it on themselves with their decisions and SLDR/Jet driver lines (especially), but overall I see a company that produces a lot of good gear, has great CS and supports THP. TM is down...but so was Callaway just a few years ago before the influx of new talent and the 5 year plan, etc., and look where they are now. I hope they get it straightened out sooner rather than later.

Or is it simply calling it like things are being seen?

Talk goes both ways, always, positive and negative. I hope they fix it, because golf is better when they do, and its better for us too, but right now there are clearly some significant issues and shortcomings IMO.

Or is it simply calling it like things are being seen?

Talk goes both ways, always, positive and negative. I hope they fix it, because golf is better when they do, and its better for us too, but right now there are clearly some significant issues and shortcomings IMO.

Fair point, Jman. The product stuff and the stupid decisions they apparently made which tooled retailers and negatively impacted the industry as a whole....completely fair game. Size and type of booth a company in financial straights displays at a convention center...meh. Just one hackers opinion...

Man you guys are a tough crowd. I don't mind the booth, to me it's not a competition to out do past years or the competitors, they're showing their product and find it refreshing that their not boasting a bunch of rediculous hype and keeping it straight forward. Thanks for the pics guys.

Also with it's current financial struggles and the layoffs last year. It could be seen as bad form to bring all the glitz they have had in years past.

SaA

Also with it's current financial struggles and the layoffs last year. It could be seen as bad form to bring all the glitz they have had in years past.

SaA

I agree, but deciding 10 days before the show to do a booth when you have the largest portion of the entire show floor...not good business IMO.

I would bet ANYTHING though we see a big change next year from TM. I confident TM is great for golf.

Lots of interesting thoughts in the thread. TaylorMade had a very different feel in their booth this year... seemed a lot more like "here's our gear, now hit it."

Whether that's good or bad is personal opinion, but it seems like their plan today is to have the minds behind the gear and the gear itself tell the story this year.

For me that's the way it should be. I don't take the booth out to the course and hit it. I don't select equipment based on a flashy booth. I do choose and play equipment based on what it does for my game. Recently that has been TM.

Back