TaylorMade - 2015 PGA Show

I agree, but deciding 10 days before the show to do a booth when you have the largest portion of the entire show floor...not good business IMO.

I would bet ANYTHING though we see a big change next year from TM. I confident TM is great for golf.

Very good point on the change of mind 10 days out.

And being a fan of it's stuff I hope and think you're correct on the 2nd point as well.

SaA

Man this RSi2's look so dang sexy.

For me that's the way it should be. I don't take the booth out to the course and hit it. I don't select equipment based on a flashy booth. I do choose and play equipment based on what it does for my game. Recently that has been TM.
It's interesting. Some want clubs and some want clubs with an added element. Again I don't think there's a right or wrong, just a matter of preference.

Grab me an AB hybrid.

I hit a demo for an hour a couple weeks ago. This and the R15 are very solid hybrids. Easy to hit and longer than most I've hit.

I hit a demo for an hour a couple weeks ago. This and the R15 are very solid hybrids. Easy to hit and longer than most I've hit.

Heard lots of good feedback and I just have a feeling it's going to be a good one. Same goes for the fairway woods for that matter.

I'm very intrigued by both of their hybrid models this year. My current gamer is amazing and I want to try these one.

Personally I think if they are simply cutting show budgets to invest in R and D then good on them. Maybe they have bigger things in the hopper for 2017? I'm more of a substance over flashy show guy I guess.

JB posting a picture of the new Adam's hybrid:

And some more from this booth:

Spent some time talking with Bobby VanSweden who fit THPers at the speedBlade event last year.

16cd7d20c939f921da70080e31eede6b.jpg

JB posting a picture of the new Adam's hybrid:

Now THAT is interesting.

Spent some time talking with Bobby VanSweden who fit THPers at the speedBlade event last year.

16cd7d20c939f921da70080e31eede6b.jpg

BVS is freaking AWESOME!!!!

Man I hope that hybrid tech comes in a bigger package somewhere down the line. And I hope they did something about that muted terrible sound they went to.

I'm sorry, but that booth looks BAD compared to what it has been in the past. HOOOOOOOOLY crap. Seems like little effort this year when 2 years ago it was INSANELY cool.

It really seems like they mailed it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sure was an unimpressive booth. Maybe their is some method to it but if you're looking to revamp your image and business plan you would try to make a stronger impression to potential retailers.

That sure was an unimpressive booth. Maybe their is some method to it but if you're looking to revamp your image and business plan you would try to make a stronger impression to potential retailers.
Apparently this booth signifies the direction TM is going. Education and demoing. It's really what this booth was all about. Classroom section to spread knowledge about the products and then a chance to hit on flightscope/trackman. It's not a bad thing, it's just not the TaylorMade we have become accustomed to.

While the booth is unimpressive, I'm actually pretty excited about their line. I've sort of never been a big TM fan, though I don't know why. I LOVED the SLDR and Speedblade irons when I hit them, and liked the RSi 1 and 2 irons a lot too. I think the Aeroburner line is one I'd probably enjoy. I just wish it came in black. The fairway and hybrid seem to be an improvement on the SLDR S/JetSpeed lineage, and the few swings I took with the driver were nice. If this line had come out last year, I think there would be a little less talk of doom and gloom. Going all in on low and forward CG in the driver hurt them a lot, I think.

Apparently this booth signifies the direction TM is going. Education and demoing. It's really what this booth was all about. Classroom section to spread knowledge about the products and then a chance to hit on flightscope/trackman. It's not a bad thing, it's just not the TaylorMade we have become accustomed to.

I like that approach a lot, its going back to the TM that got them big. I bet if you were to take a poll of random golfers and asked what word you associated with modern TMaG it would be Hype or Gimmick or ier.... That seems to be what they're looking to get away from.

Back