The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

That was basically game 1 of the Washington series. Cavs got hot, Hawks went a billion minutes without a FG.

And freaking JR Smith.

Game 2 is a must win now.

Catching the second half on replay now. Missed it due to work, man JR was literally heat checking himself on his last 4 shots. Unbelieve. Great win! Home court now in our favor!

Better without Love.

Catching the second half on replay now. Missed it due to work, man JR was literally heat checking himself on his last 4 shots. Unbelieve. Great win! Home court now in our favor!
Really liked what I saw minus the last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter where the clear out for lebron got them like 3 field goals in 14 tries

Really liked what I saw minus the last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter where the clear out for lebron got them like 3 field goals in 14 tries

Yea that was dumb. Should have kept the pedal to the floor

That was basically game 1 of the Washington series. Cavs got hot, Hawks went a billion minutes without a FG.

And freaking JR Smith.

Game 2 is a must win now.

Pretty much this.

LJ is a beast and is going to get his. When a bench player makes eight threes and scores 28, there's not much you're going to do to win the game unless someone on the Hawks is on fire. No one was.

having Carroll out is bad. Really bad. The initial diagnosis was a sprain, but that awkward, no-contact fall looks like an ACL. Series may already be over.

Yea that was dumb. Should have kept the pedal to the floor
A win is a win I suppose especially when our 3rd best payer didn't play and our 2nd best barely played

I think JR just hit another 3

I'll eat some crow. I thought it was much worse when it happened last night, was very relieved to see this tweet a few minutes ago.

That's good like you when I saw it I immediately assumed the worse

All-NBA teams were announced today.
First team: LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Marc Gasol, James Harden and Steph Curry.
Second Team: LaMarcus Aldridge, DeMarcus Cousins, Pau Gasol, Russell Westbrook and Chris Paul.
Third Team: Blake Griffin, Tim Duncan, DeAndre Jordan, Klay Thompson and Kyrie Irving.

All-NBA teams were announced today.
First team: LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Marc Gasol, James Harden and Steph Curry.
Second Team: LaMarcus Aldridge, DeMarcus Cousins, Pau Gasol, Russell Westbrook and Chris Paul.
Third Team: Blake Griffin, Tim Duncan, DeAndre Jordan, Klay Thompson and Kyrie Irving.
No Kyle Korver, I thought he was the second coming of Larry Bird or something

Kyrie with some love...nice

No. Larry Bird is a poor man's Kyle Korver

With the Draft Lottery order set it will be interesting to see what each team chooses to do with their picks. The Timberwolves with the #1 pick and Lakers with the #2 pick will choose between Jahlil Okafor and Karl Anthony Towns most likely, unless they try and trade the pick for an established player.

Wiggins, Lavine and Okafor or Towns would be 3 nice young pieces for the Timberwolves. Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle and Okafor or Towns would 3 nice young pieces for the Lakers. The Sixers and Knicks will most likely be choosing between Emmanuel Mudiay and D'Angelo Russell.

Some later picks who could translate well to the NBA include RJ Hunter from Georgia State because of his ability to shoot from 3, and Michael Qualls from Arkansas because of his athleticism and tenacity. It will be exciting to see which teams keep their picks, which teams try and acquire more picks, and which teams try and trade for established players.

The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Carroll didn't tear anything. They said no structural damage and he'll be day to day

Edit: Just noticed someone else already said it. Good for him though, that would have been awful to tear stuff on that

Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook are probably saying the same thing while they're on the golf course this week...

Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.

Carroll didn't tear anything. They said no structural damage and he'll be day to day

Edit: Just noticed someone else already said it. Good for him though, that would have been awful to tear stuff on that

I suspect he's not playing tomorrow night. He may not make it back to this series.

I'm glad it's not a tear for his sake, though. This is a contract year, and he deserves to get paid. A major injury this late would have been disastrous to him.

Hell of an end to the first half. Keep the momentum going!

Hell of an end to the first half. Keep the momentum going!

Dude that is how you come back and get back in it! Need more aggressiveness from Harden & need some 3's to drop.

Dude that is how you come back and get back in it! Need more aggressiveness from Harden & need some 3's to drop.
I'm in the heights at Pluckers watching the game. This place is hoppin'! Gotta pick up one in GS!

I'm in the heights at Pluckers watching the game. This place is hoppin'! Gotta pick up one in GS!

You young hipsters! Drink one for me.

We NEED a split bc going down 2-0 doesn't lend itself to a favorable outcome in a 7 game series. The best part we are doing all of this without contributions from Smith or Brewer. Get those cats going and it's on.

Lol. I'm all about the hipster scene with my fedora and neckbeard.

This just got interesting. What a lob by harden

This series needs to go 7 games if all of the games are going to be this close.

Back