Hollow Body Irons

I've hit the Adams A12OS hollow irons. I thought they were OK but poor dispersion. The Adams new A4 forged were another story. They were tight and straight. Felt solid, I liked them. I would love to give the Altitudes a whirl though.

Mark Shuman

Not sure if you are planning to try to come to any THP Events this year, but if you are, you can swing mine.

As you can see by my signature I am a big fan of Hollow Body Irons, I took up golf again after a 25 year break, started back with a set of Callaway X Hot's I loved them but they didnt like me, I changed to the Cleveland 588 series and haven't looked back. I have gone from a 30 handicap to 12 in 16 months.

Did you actually see any difference in offset with the Tudes? If you look at the specs, there's virtually none. Short of a player's blade, I'm not sure that you'll find much of anything with less offset. The MTs actually have more.
Sorry for the delay, I just noticed your post. Thanks for the clarification.
Offset isn't a big deal to me one way or another so I don't pay much attention to it.
When I demoed the MT's and Tudes they both were just super easy to hit irons and therefore lumped them together in my post.

JB I live in Central PA. If you had an event somewhere close I'd be game. Let me know if there is and how to sign up.

Mark Shuman

PS: lots of places in the Pocono's to hold an event, hint,hint.

JB I live in Central PA. If you had an event somewhere close I'd be game. Let me know if there is and how to sign up.

Mark Shuman

PS: lots of places in the Pocono's to hold an event, hint,hint.
Depending where in Central pa, the event just outside Pittsburgh might fit the bill

I think if you can get the sound right, I'm a fan (overall). The Altitudes are hilarious fun, but I never really enjoyed the MTs.

Similar, I love the results from the Big Bertha irons, but they sound atrocious.

Callaway Apex UT irons, Altitudes and MP H4 to the 7 are all hollow body and I love all of them so I'm a fan.

I know it's not marketed as such, but I test hit an Apex UT 24* (4-iron) yesterday and ordered one. Way easier to get off the deck than a traditional 4i. I was much more consistent with it than I am with my hybrids. If it works out for me I may order the 18* (2i) and 21* (3i).

My only real experience with hollow bodied irons was with the 4 and 5 irons from the original rbz irons. It seemed perfect as the 5 iron is where I start to get really hit or miss with my irons. In the end though, I didn't care for them and ended up replacing them with hybrids.

Looking back at this thread, as we see the current trend of irons leading towards this. Interesting that a couple of years later and most companies have embraced the technology.

Yea, I had my 588 MT's for a long time. Still great irons.

Even being several years older they beat out everything I tried except for my current set. And even then it was extremely close.

I believe the XForged UT I have is a hollow body iron. It is hands down the best long iron I have ever hit so while I haven't given much thought to the construction I am definitely a fan.

Back