Working on the game need some direction *video

I am actually working on a more narrow stance currently so the observation is spot on. My swing from a year ago was ok but wildly inconsistent. I have been striking it crisper and straiter when lined up correctly. I feel like I am really close to playing low 80's golf and on my way in a year or two to being a single digit. (thats the plan anyway)

[video=youtube;OLyoCBG-88Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLyoCBG-88Q[/video]

Not sure I took a step forward or back with this last range session, but I did notice a bit of a distance loss. This might have been from wind in the face or IDK thats why I posted it. I was trying to get a lesson this weekend but couldnt make it happen with the Pro. Anyway I was fighting a fade with these two shots and I believe it was a 6 iron. I felt like my alignment was off for this session.

PS: Second swing @1:23

It still looks like I need to get a better shoulder turn after looking at it a few times and I seem to be alittle upright?

I don't think shoulder turn is the issue. Your hips are really quiet. Almost silent. It looks like you're all upper half.

Thanks for your thoughts blu. I have been told that more than once. I felt out of sorts during this range session and the loss in distance could be not firing my hips enough. edit* or at all

Thanks for your thoughts blu. I have been told that more than once. I felt out of sorts during this range session and the loss in distance could be not firing my hips enough. edit* or at all
I would be careful of over activating your lower half.

I would be careful of over activating your lower half.

You see the space your putting me in then right haha...

1. Need more hips
2. But dont get crazy

This is what I will work on.

You see the space your putting me in then right haha...

1. Need more hips
2. But dont get crazy

This is what I will work on.
I know I know. The more disconnected your lower body is, the more you're going to have to flip your hands to square the face.

I see what your saying, The overall swing just needs more action in it?

Your hips are fine, your swing is nice and harmonous. You issue is a slight over the top cast on the down swing. This puts you enough over the line that you have to hold on through impact to avoid a pull. The handle of the club should be headed in the direction of your right pocket. I think if you do this and keep all else the same youll be fine

Your hips are fine, your swing is nice and harmonous. You issue is a slight over the top cast on the down swing. This puts you enough over the line that you have to hold on through impact to avoid a pull. The handle of the club should be headed in the direction of your right pocket. I think if you do this and keep all else the same youll be fine

I could see how this could affect my distance if I am losing that lag becasue of slight cast move. Let me work on this and report back with my efforts. Thanks for your direction.

I am trying to get my swing on point for this #handcrafted event. Want to be sure I am fitted with my best possible swing at the time.

I could see how this could affect my distance if I am losing that lag becasue of slight cast move. Let me work on this and report back with my efforts. Thanks for your direction.

I am trying to get my swing on point for this #handcrafted event. Want to be sure I am fitted with my best possible swing at the time.
I understand the need to have a repeatable swing. It's always a good thing. Your swing you have now could play very well if you grooved it. And had confidence in it. I'm a big believer in swinging the way you swing. Your natural move might be just what I saw. We just need to figure out the best delivery.

Work on what we chatted about and let me know how it works out for you.

Went home over lunch and did some slow air swings with the thought of swinging the handle of the club into my right pocket. It didnt feel odd or foreign but I did notice I was able to release the club much better on the follow through, which is where I usually get stuck as I am trying to save it from that slight OTT move. Cant wait to get to the range and how it translates.

There is a lot right about your swing and a few areas that you can improve. You have a snatch take away so the only way to get the club set is with your hands. This is causing you to over swing.

Slow your swing down and allow the shoulders to move the club to the top. Also use your lower body to start the down swing. If the left hip clears or starts to clear prior to arms or in your case the hands start down it will alleviate the OTT move. Drop that right elbow into right hip on the downswing. Pull the left hip back off the line and swing from the inside.

That for me when I first started golf was a big light bulb moment for fixing an OTT move. Get into the position at 0.07 or 1.29 in your last video in front of a mirror. See the space between your elbow & you body, just slowly drop your elbow into your side (like you were going to pinch and hold something under your armpit) and watch where the handle of the club travels, down and inside.

That for me when I first started golf was a big light bulb moment for fixing an OTT move. Get into the position at 0.07 or 1.29 in your last video in front of a mirror. See the space between your elbow & you body, just slowly drop your elbow into your side (like you were going to pinch and hold something under your armpit) and watch where the handle of the club travels, down and inside.
Was this meant for me or the OP?

It was towards Awkward Silence. My old swing coach gave me the same advice, as you posted earlier of the "right elbow to the right hip" movement. I always thought it was a great tip to get the club moving on a better path :)

Thanks Antony. I have been doing slow swings at home with my phone behind me to record with that exact thought. I am really trying to ingrain this feeling in my swing. I have gotten 100% more consistent over the past year and really feel I am close to playing low 80's golf and maybe finally breaking that 80's barrier. I am playing weekend in NC with my family and will try and get some video of hopefully some progress.

From this past wed. I feel like I using my lower body a lot better and was seeing very straight balls and a few slight draws. I feel like I am slowly getting rid of my old OTT swing. I dont think I got a great angle directly behind me on this vid though. I really need a face on view also.

Looks real nice , keep up the great work and have a good season. I once had a pro that told me being ott is bad fault that so many of us have or had. One of those things you will have to continually fight for the rest of your golf career. Made sense when he told me this. Sadly I left his lesson more ott than I started with :(

thanks MM

Ok, I'm climbing onto my soapbox, called alignment. That is all!!

I had a feeling you were going to say that. I really think its a bad angle but I do think my shoulders are off from my feet and hips. Need to push my right should back a little you think?

Last edited:
2a58f71ed0e7e8c974e1414e0cb05a88.jpg

31a98770686e2c5babd17bdbd8822b90.jpg

ca83f0e94b6e297b10ec250a651bb84f.jpg

3e41fae1843c31f7e89861cafce6a987.jpg

d3dc86b36ba9e9d3e5d87bc589cc201d.jpg

dadd23952c12b26e27d4c9ec88cb3ac0.jpg

c24128c0b75893f4b99d61f811faf81f.jpg

12fba44650bad9ed73c53096c8727a3f.jpg

I might be dead wrong but if your shoulders were on your foot and knee line you would have different positions. The ball would be traveling on on a differnt line as well. But these are just my thoughts.

Well holy cow panda man. Thank you so much for taking the time to go through that frame by frame. I need to digest all of that bit by bit.

1. Alignment
2. Keep right elbow tighter in the back swing (like you said it is flaring out a bit)
3. Maintain Spine angle through contact

I am going to try and focus on these during my next session. Do you think that would be a good direction?

In thinking about Alignment in particular I think becasue I set the ball on the inside of left foot, sometimes I I try to square the club right behind the ball and sometimes this gets my shoulders on a different plans than my feet and hips. I have been conscious of this recently and I will say it is a struggle becasue sometimes lining up square feels off. Just a thought I had.

Back