2015 US Open Contest & Official Thread - Amazing Cobra PUMA Prizes

Yes I will agree that in areas that NEED to do this you have no choice, but like most things that's an exception to the norm. Most places don't have to have what looks like a cow pasture and the people won't respond in kind to courses going that way and that's my point. The USGA keeps trying to push this agenda and it's not smart.

But as I said before, we need to conserve water ALL the time and not just when supply is low, because when supply is low, it's already too damn late. Therefore, I would contend that it IS smart. Maybe not to those who want to see every course look like Augusta, but to me, ensuring that the US has a water supply outweighs the "need" to have emerald green golf courses. And exposing this large a TV audience to the fact that even the pros can play good golf on a dry course will hopefully help others come to that realization.

as much as I'm not a fan of the G30 drivers, that pink G30 cover in Bubba's bag looks awesome

Yes I will agree that in areas that NEED to do this you have no choice, but like most things that's an exception to the norm. Most places don't have to have what looks like a cow pasture and the people won't respond in kind to courses going that way and that's my point. The USGA keeps trying to push this agenda and it's not smart.

Then it must be nice to live in Florida where it seems like you have no issues with the water supply at all. Multiple areas of our country have issues with the water supply, and are having to restrict the amount of water that they are using. They're not doing it because the USGA is telling them to do that, they are doing that because they have no choice but to do that.

I'd love to see Tiger go out and shoot under par and have this forum explode.

The interwebs may break if that happened.

~Rock

Then it must be nice to live in Florida where it seems like you have no issues with the water supply at all. Multiple areas of our country have issues with the water supply, and are having to restrict the amount of water that they are using. They're not doing it because the USGA is telling them to do that, they are doing that because they have no choice but to do that.

Wait? There is a water shortage in Washington State? I have heard it all now...

Already love that hole.

The interesting part about that hole is the layup area is so narrow, it almost forces you to go for the green off of the tee instead of laying up to wedge distance. Coming into that green from 90-100 yards away but being in the rough wouldn't be fun.

We are coming off of some very lean years, and will have then again.

With all the courses in FL, if this type of maintenance caught on it would greatly benefit everybody .

What agenda are you talking about? Difficulty, water conservation, which one do you take issue with?

If you're referring to the course appearing brown, that's not an agenda. The course is fescue fairways and green and tends to brown. And if that's the issue you have, why wouldn't it be smart for the USGA to promote water conservation?

Wait? There is a water shortage in Washington State? I have heard it all now...

Remember that more than half of the land area of Washington is basically a desert.

ehhh...Phil gave one back, -2 now.

I think we can agree some like this style and other dont, But really why the hell did lay up on 12?

I'd love Phil to win this.

Yellow is the new Green - California's new state motto

Lefty showing some restraint?

The interesting part about that hole is the layup area is so narrow, it almost forces you to go for the green off of the tee instead of laying up to wedge distance. Coming into that green from 90-100 yards away but being in the rough wouldn't be fun.

most narrow fairway in US Open history if I recall.

I like Greg Normans commentary so far. Some very good insight.

I can't wait for people to call St. Andrews a cow pasture in a month.

I'd love to play this course, but i dont think id need to bring my golf clubs, just a bucket and spade.

I can't wait for people to call St. Andrews a cow pasture in a month.

But its the Open. It's supposed to be played on a cow pasture!

Back