Who remembers the original orange in golf?

JohnBoyNC

Reaction score
Handicap
TBD
Not the most ideal way to inherit some golf memorabilia, but my best friend's father from Greensboro passed away I was helping him start the process of going through the house and we came across this. Apparently his father met Fuzzy back in the early 80's and they became friends through their mutual fondness for fishing. They saw each other a few times a year and always when Fuzzy was in town for what was then the Greater Greensboro Open. I need to do some more digging on the internet but I think he might also have the last bag that Fuzzy had from Kmart when they dumped him for the comment he made about Tiger about the Masters dinner. It is signed to my buddies father with a date of 4-14-97. There are also two Powerbilt persimmon woods in MINT condition. One stamped with Fuzzy's name and a date from 1986 and the other is obviously a tour model with a name like Citation TPS or something like that. I also got an older set of Citation irons that I need to do some research on.

This will be my new staff bag for my golf garage for my extra clubs.

Edit: it appears that Fuzzy made the comments on that Sunday's final round at the Masters on 4-13-97 and then Kmart officially dropped their sponsorship on 4-21. So it looks like my buddy has Fuzzys last Kmart bag from 1997.

uploadfromtaptalk1424805258940.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424805279127.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424805298213.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424805316402.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424805341455.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424805359183.jpg

Last edited:
I had one of those a few years back. Its very orange.

Nice piece of memorabilia.

Here is a pic of the irons. Anyone know anything about these?uploadfromtaptalk1424805726264.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424805743954.jpg

Reminds me of Syracuse's mascot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing mid 1960's age wise on the irons.

I had the Power-Bilt orange staff bag back in the 90's; I had picked it up at a garage sale. The thing I loved most was being able to spot it instantly!

BTW. I used to live in Forest Oaks in Greensboro up until 6th grade - it was an AWESOME course!

Yea cant say I remember any of these as they are before I was born. But I do like the look of the bag.

I saw the title and I was thinking about Jerry Pate's orange golf ball at TPC

I saw the title and I was thinking about Jerry Pate's orange golf ball at TPC

Me too! I used to live at Rio Pinar in Orlando and I think I remember he used it at the last PGA tournament they had there circa 1979

Back