The HandCrafted Experience w/ Project X

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2015 THP Events calendar featured a date on it that people were not aware of. While details are not finalized, today we are proud to give you some of the amazing things that will take place at this incredibly unique event. Once everything is set in stone, a new thread with the itinerary and how to enter will be posted.

When & Where
August 20th -21st
San Diego, CA
Project X Headquarters

What Is The HandCrafted Experience
The experience will begin about a month before the event where you will get a shaft sent to you from Project X. This is called your baseline shaft and your job will be to test it out and take some notes for a few weeks about what you like and what you would change.

Once the event begins at Project X Headquarters, there would be a tour and then you will sit down with the experts and design your own shaft. Based on the current feedback as well as the performance notes from your baseline shaft, adjustments to flag sizes, material angles and more would be made. You will get to see torque, frequency, tip deflection change as your design gets adjusted. It might sound overwhelming, but trust me when I say with the team in place, this will be an unforgettable experience.

The next day would begin at Project X Headquarters again as you watch your design get hand rolled and put into the oven. Then its off to graphics. Here you will work on design and color options for your completed project.

That is the HandCrafted Experience and it is going to be EPIC!

Other Details
There will be golf played
There will be dinner with THPers & Project X

Signing Up
A few final details are being worked on and when they are completed, a new thread will be up with complete itinerary as well as how to sign up.

Update
A new thread will be coming next week that will include signup info, as well as full cost. We can say now that this event will be sub $200 for those that had asked.

Last edited:
Just so freaking cool. Pretty jealous of those who will be going to this.

Wow this looks to be a pretty unique event. Literally getting to design your own shaft with Project X is awesome!

WOW! Safe to say no one in the world will have the same shaft.

I've always wanted to play golf in San Diego and I've always wanted to know more about shafts. This sounds like the perfect event for me! Looking forward to more details!

Yeah, this is something special for sure.

That does in fact sound epicly epic.

Very cool.

Sounds like fun!

wow. that is an awesome experience. i won't be able to entertain the chance to get in but will be envious of the ones who get selected and can't wait to follow along with your experience.

Holy cow this is going to be awesome!

This sounds fantastic! Effing cool idea! Well done JB and Project X!

This sounds like an amazing experience!

I want to go to there.

This event sounds truly amazing

It all sounds incredible, hoping to be a part of this special event

that sounds incredible! but I dont know squat about shafts, not sure if I could do anything worthwile

HO. LEE. CRAP. Now that is freaking cool. I so want in on that.

Holy crap this sounds incredible. Talk about customization.

that sounds incredible! but I dont know squat about shafts, not sure if I could do anything worthwile

With the experts at Project X, ANYBODY can create something incredible. They will be there to guide you along every step of the way.

Wow... Talk about a one of a kind experience. Going to be an amazing event for sure.

Sooooooooooo cool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely Amazing!

With the experts at Project X, ANYBODY can create something incredible. They will be there to guide you along every step of the way.

will there be an education part to this event too, I would love to learn more about shafts from the makers themselves

That is awesome. Looks like it's going to be an amazing experience for those that get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back