The Disney World Thread

Ehh my kids could care less about the rolls coasters usually

Ehh my kids could care less about the rolls coasters usually

Might want to have them look at what they want to do so you can book the right stuff. 30 days out sounds like plenty of time, but the on property people can book 60 days out. Not uncommon to have all the stuff you really want to do be already fast passed out and on standby only.

Have you been planning to take your kids at all since this was announced?
Lol been planning since we locked down the event just never looked into actual park specifics yet just know its magic kingdom and we aren't telling them

Might want to have them look at what they want to do so you can book the right stuff. 30 days out sounds like plenty of time, but the on property people can book 60 days out. Not uncommon to have all the stuff you really want to do be already fast passed out and on standby only.

Im not sure about that one dude. Maybe on a Saturday, but on a Monday, I dont think everything will be standby. Monday is our go to day and while some have longer lines, you can usually get on quite a few things. We fast pass what we can, but dont sweat it too much.

I was certainly thinking about that. Universal is more appealing, but my daughter would love to do DW I'm sure. What about the park hopper pass? Does anyone actually go from park to park in one day? (I know park hopper is specific to each) I would think there is just too much to do to be able to pull it off? Just trying to get ideas....

It's possible but you really have to move. We managed to see all four parks (I'd skip Hollywood till it gets upgraded/rebranded). Granted we have an in and it was completely free. We wouldn't have been able to swing all 4 parks in a day otherwise. I am thinking we might go back to animal kingdom and take our time in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personly I hate to park hop since it does take time to go from one place to another and that's valuable time that could be spent having fun.

If if you are going to do it though buy your tickets soon and start planning your fast passes now for Disney. Universal has a fast pass thing too but it's like $40 a person on top of your ticket.

Disneys fast pass and universals are completely different tho. Universal works like other parks where you just get in a special line. Disney is time based and you have a window for entry. So you have to plan well at it. We missed a couple of our windows waiting for other rides and then couldn't get back in time. You also are somewhat limited in how far ahead you can book your times.

You will want to FastPass Seven Dwarves Mine Train as soon as you can, which if you are staying offsite is 30 days out of your arrival date.

I have admit this was a pretty cool little ride. It was our first at magic kingdom and the line was long.... Even at 10am

Thanks for all the insight everyone much appreciated has been a solid 15 years or so since we have been there

It's possible but you really have to move. We managed to see all four parks (I'd skip Hollywood till it gets upgraded/rebranded). Granted we have an in and it was completely free. We wouldn't have been able to swing all 4 parks in a day otherwise. I am thinking we might go back to animal kingdom and take our time in September.

Its funny how different people view different parks. We love Hollywood Studios and between Toy Story and Star Tours, those are two rides we literally try and never miss anytime we go. Its also a great park to walk around, and they have solid restaurants. Plus, if kids like the characters, the area where the art is shown always has some there for meet & greet type of stuff.

Its funny how different people view different parks. We love Hollywood Studios and between Toy Story and Star Tours, those are two rides we literally try and never miss anytime we go. Its also a great park to walk around, and they have solid restaurants. Plus, if kids like the characters, the area where the art is shown always has some there for meet & greet type of stuff.
We went to Hollywood Studios more than any other Park when we were there. Just kind of happened that way but we enjoyed it.

We went to Hollywood Studios more than any other Park when we were there. Just kind of happened that way but we enjoyed it.

Its not for everybody, but GG and I like it. More than Animal Kingdom. Its kind of like Epcot for us. There are two rides we always want to go on and then good food.

Its not for everybody, but GG and I like it. More than Animal Kingdom. Its kind of like Epcot for us. There are two rides we always want to go on and then good food.
Magic Kingdom closed early one night so we went back there for a second time. Just some cool stuff for my daughter to do and I had alot of good memories from when I was younger. Went on Tower of Terror by myself because we were walking by and there was no line.. Lol

Magic Kingdom closed early one night so we went back there for a second time. Just some cool stuff for my daughter to do and I had alot of good memories from when I was younger. Went on Tower of Terror by myself because we were walking by and there was no line.. Lol

I like Rock and Roller Coaster too. GG is not a huge fan of that one, but I enjoyed it.

Im not sure about that one dude. Maybe on a Saturday, but on a Monday, I dont think everything will be standby. Monday is our go to day and while some have longer lines, you can usually get on quite a few things. We fast pass what we can, but dont sweat it too much.

I'd usually agree but there doesn't ever seem to be a downtime anymore. You're probably right though and that he'd be fine.

I'd usually agree but there doesn't ever seem to be a downtime anymore. You're probably right though and that he'd be fine.

Well you are there more than me, since you go like every 9 days...haha. You would have a better handle on the crowds. Magic Kingdom is usually the busiest too.

I'll premise my statement with we were trying to cram all 4 in because we had never been to Fl and didn't know when we'd come back. We knew little about the park and didn't get a chance to really spend time there. Late in the day fastpass didn't seem to work so I couldn't get on rock n roller coaster or tower of terror. We still had to get to Epcot and there were a few things we wanted to explore there.

Makes complete sense.

And don't forget if it's not that crowded you could hit Star Tours a few times since the ride does different combinations of the movie. We did it once 4 times in a row and it was great.

Well you are there more than me, since you go like every 9 days...haha. You would have a better handle on the crowds. Magic Kingdom is usually the busiest too.

This is true. It's been 9 days since my last fastpass.

MK is the busiest. If there were some that were must go on's, FP them. If not, wait till later in the night as the people with smaller kids are leaving to put them down for the night. School will be back in session by then and the UK crowd should be done with holiday.

If there's a special ticketed event that night like the not so scary Halloween party, I'd buy tickets to that instead of just a one day for MK. Cheaper, and crowds are a lot lot smaller.

MK always seems busy these days. Honestly, if you want to go on all the rides, just get there when it opens, regardless of the day of the week. I have done every major ride at MK before 10 am doing that. That gives you time to take it slow the rest of the day, hit another park, or go chill out back at the hotel for a while before coming back for parades or fireworks.

Confirmed at D23, Disney is building 14 acre Star Wars Lands at both Disneyland and Hollywood Studios at WDW with 2 new rides, one of which will be piloting the Millenium Falcon.

I am expecting more news on other additions to Hollywood Studios.

Back