The HandCrafted Experience w/ Project X

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sick, design your own shaft with provided feedback, man this will be a hot ticket

The 2015 THP Events calendar featured a date on it that people were not aware of. While details are not finalized, today we are proud to give you some of the amazing things that will take place at this incredibly unique event. Once everything is set in stone, a new thread with the itinerary and how to enter will be posted.

When & Where
August 20th -21st
San Diego, CA
Project X Headquarters

What Is The HandCrafted Experience
The experience will begin about a month before the event where you will get a shaft sent to you from Project X. This is called your baseline shaft and your job will be to test it out and take some notes for a few weeks about what you like and what you would change.

Once the event begins at Project X Headquarters, there would be a tour and then you will sit down with the experts and design your own shaft. Based on the current feedback as well as the performance notes from your baseline shaft, adjustments to flag sizes, material angles and more would be made. You will get to see torque, frequency, tip deflection change as your design gets adjusted. It might sound overwhelming, but trust me when I say with the team in place, this will be an unforgettable experience.

The next day would begin at Project X Headquarters again as you watch your design get hand rolled and put into the oven. Then its off to graphics. Here you will work on design and color options for your completed project.

That is the HandCrafted Experience and it is going to be EPIC!

Other Details
There will be golf played
There will be dinner with THPers & Project X

Signing Up
A few final details are being worked on and when they are completed, a new thread will be up with complete itinerary as well as how to sign up.

....I want all of this

Wow I want all of this.

This is freaking cool as hell! It's like a THP Discovery Channel special on shaft making....and you're IN THE SHOW! I love this kind of "how it's made" stuff! Great, great stuff JB!

What an amazing opportunity to learn!

This sounds amazing. This is like playing Augusta for an engineer/golfer. Something you never thought was possible, but are always thinking about- how you'd design and build your own equipment.

This sounds like the ultimate shaft learning experience. Testing a shaft, then working with the shaft manufacturer to tweak it with the experts. Then having your design created for the individual. This sounds incredible.

As little as I know about shafts, this would be quite a learning experience for me - Sounds fantastic!
Looking forward to more details!!

Mind BLOWN! How cool is that?

Man I can't wait to see how this goes down. Too cool.

Holy.

Freaking.

CRAP!!!! I want into this thing so bad I can't even put it into words. So freaking epic. A custom designed shaft, with custom graphics, all with the help of Project X experts? This isn't the kind of stuff hackers like us are supposed to be able to do. THP knocks it out of the park again!

Also, although I think it goes without saying...

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

That sound you heard was so many THPers mind's exploding!

Awesome event, so unique and just amazing to try and comprehend.

Would LOVE to get it in this event. Will be something to remember for all the lucky blokes who get in, as well as all the rest of us who live vicariously through them.

Great event for someone like me who knows next to nothing about club shafts.

Definitely need some luck to get into this one.

JB forgot to mention that our office is conveniently located in the Craft Brewing Mecca of San Diego. From our office Green Flash is a 7 iron from, St Archer a driver and the new 160,000 sq ft Ballast Point is driver and a little flip wedge.

You know, in case you like that sort of thing.

JB forgot to mention that our office is conveniently located in the Craft Brewing Mecca of San Diego. From our office Green Flash is a 7 iron from, St Archer a driver and the new 160,000 sq ft Ballast Point is driver and a little flip wedge.

Can't give away everything brother. More info to come...haha

This is going to be incredible and an awfully popular event to try to get into

I think there might be a few of the attendees that would enjoy that!!! (I'm one of them) ((Fingers Crossed))

I didn't realize that Ballast Point was that close to you. I do remember they had a very solid beverage choice or two.

Sincerely,
Someone who is into that sort of thing.

This event really does keep getting cooler by the minute

I would love to see a shaft being handmade! If it was mine being built....instant ....nevermind..you get the point

So we get handcrafted shafts and beer? Sign me up!!

Holy smokes, this is as "cool as the other side of the pillow".

Each part of this event is its own experience.
- You have golf
- You get to make your own shaft (again your OWN shaft)
-You get "Shaftecated" (trademarked) with the best minds in the business
- There will be THP bonding

EPIC... EPIC... EPIC

My favorite: Stone Brewery is not too far from there also. Well 40 minutes away but still!

When this is all said and done, it could be one of the greatest THP/OEM events ever. And those following on the forum, the level of envy will be at an all time high.

I have/had many THP events high on the priority list. This one is about to kick them all to the curb, and that's without knowing everything yet.

Well, this is going to be spectacular. I love shaft tech and this is going to take that to the next level for sure. Maybe I can ditch my family in the middle of vacation for this? Most likely not but its certainly tempting.

Wow, what amateur gets a chance to get a custom made shaft and design the graphics??? This is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back