Clubs GI versus SGI

Well said Bakemono

IMHO they are a "players" cavity back.

Oh, that's interesting, JB.

Would you consider that falling between a player's club and a GI club, then?

They are definately more of a players club but with some added forgiveness. Think of it like the Nickent 4DX pros we reviewed or the Nike Split Cavity.

They are definately more of a players club but with some added forgiveness. Think of it like the Nickent 4DX pros we reviewed or the Nike Split Cavity.

So that being the case, with my handicap (~16) and shooting normally in the high 80's, would I be likely to see a difference with a move to a GI set?

(I find SGI's a little hard to look at and I'd be worried someone is going to come up to me on the course and revoke my "man card").

Grogger,
Personal opinion is that most would benefit by playing GIs, however confidence when looking down on a club is very important. Once your swing is grooved, it is just a matter of comfort. I would say if these are working, there is no need for new clubs, but if you are in the market, try a bunch and see what is most comfortable.

all I know is that they work... my brother plays Mizuno MX25 and he'll let me take them out here and there and its just a cinch to put em high and straight...

Grogger, those copper isi's are greta clubs, but I know the need to try others!

Here's my two cents again, I take my s57 and a demo G10, anything up to the 5 iron and I basically see no difference, same length, same patterns and dispersion 99% of the time. I've done this several times trying to convince myself to go to SGI. Now in the long irons, I do see a difference, here is where the forgiveness really starts factoring in IMO. I think it is more of the longer club being more stable or turning over more easy opposed to the huge sole. Though I assume the bulk makes it do this, but I am no techie.

I think JB"s last comment on feeling confident looking down is excellent.

Back