Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

I tried them and yes they feel better with the built up lower hand than the original which I always built up. I like the Golf Pride cp2 pro grip better because of the less torque and stability of my grip. Soft but not squishy with some meat on the bottom hand too.

Buddy I played with today had these in standard size.

Compared directly to my mid size ndmc they felt like a great mid way point between the 2.

I honestly like the feel of the mid size overall. I would like to see these in mid size though.

I took about 5 swings on the range with his 7i and really liked these. But just felt I had to grip the club harder compared to the mid size. And could feel myself getting handsy.... M

Tap tap taparoo

I agree with your statement about this being a good "in-between" grip......I tried the NDMC midsize and that didn't work out too well. I immediately fell in love when I tried the MCC plus 4's.

Seems like people are very love/hate with these.

I've been working with them and I guess I'd characterize my feelings as really neutral. They feel softer to the touch than normal NDMC's to me, especially on the lower half. Obviously a little thicker down there. Remind me of a midsize when I look at them in my hand, but without the big old butt-end of the grip in the heel of my palm.

I like the blue color. Really sharp looking grip.

I bought a couple of these to try on my sand and lob wedge. I currently use plus 2 wraps on all my grips but I could see how the larger lower half of these could be great on my wedges which I often choke up to the shaft.

Look forward to seeing the reviews for these! Already use Golf Pride mid size and like the bigger grips for my mitts!

So I put these on some of my clubs to give them a try. Yesterday I finally got to play since the install and came away very happy with them. When I grabbed an iron with the corded Z-grip I found myself thinking that I wished I would of just done them all before the round and not just some. I'll go out in the garage today and finish out the rest. Moisture management was great and that was the main reason I went to the Z-grip in the first place since my original NDMC's kept slipping,I was sweating pretty good yesterday and didn't have a problem at all. I truly feel the softer bottom is what helps with that since it just seams like you have a better grip on the club.

I agree that the lower end's material is nice jitzy.

As for the more power thing or performance benefits, I'll just say that I'm not seeing any of that. Not that I really expected to. Doesn't really change my feelings on the grip though. I like it.

Anybody else have any thoughts on these? If so, what are they are what were you playing before?

Got a few rounds into playing these on the irons now and am very happy with them. They just fit my hands very well and I love the comfort of the softer lower and firmer upper. I'm really glad I changed to these and I loved my Z grip.

jjust bought 13 grips for my set...ill post my thoughts after I get them installed and play a few rounds

Just threw one on my driver, feels like a more comfortable NDMC which is the grip I usually use. Might switch over to these.

Anybody else have any thoughts on these? If so, what are they are what were you playing before?

I was playing the Golf Pride NDMC original... I switched to these and really like them, the built up lower part is great, especially on shots where I need to choke down...

Dax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone compared these to the SuperStroke Tx1's ? I am leaning towards the SS personally

GP Tour Wraps have been my favorite grip for about 15 years but I'm always trying other grips just in case their is something I might like better. I put these Plus 4's on my driver and fairway woods with one extra wrap and actually may have found a new favorite grip. I'm going to put one on my sand wedge today and give it a try before pulling the trigger on my whole set.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about regripping my Srixon z545s. I feel the OEM grips are nice but not for me, they feel thin. Been leaning towards the Golf Prides and will give them a look.

Has anyone compared these to the SuperStroke Tx1's ? I am leaning towards the SS personally

There is really no comparison. I gave the SS iron grips a chance, but they were actually the one grip that I disliked from the moment I put them on. I would definitely go with the MCC+4 if it was me.

I've been thinking about regripping my Srixon z545s. I feel the OEM grips are nice but not for me, they feel thin. Been leaning towards the Golf Prides and will give them a look.

the stock red UTX grips are horrible - after 15 rds, my grips are falling apart

GP Tour Wraps have been my favorite grip for about 15 years but I'm always trying other grips just in case their is something I might like better. I put these Plus 4's on my driver and fairway woods with one extra wrap and actually may have found a new favorite grip. I'm going to put one on my sand wedge today and give it a try before pulling the trigger on my whole set.
I did that and quickly went and changed all my irons. I really like them on the irons a lot along with my driver. I'm very happy I switched to these. My biggest fear was moisture management and that's why I switched from the original NDMC to the Z-grip but these are night and day over the originals.

I love love love my MCC plus 4s. I have them on all of my clubs with +2 wraps. I've always played MCCs and these are just way better for me because my miss is typically some type of hook.

Hi everyone.

So, do we use any wrapping tape when we put these on or non needed ? Couldn't really figure out :S
I'd appreciate if someone could help.
Thanks

Yes, I used tape for the install. Same amount as I use with my other grips.

Just put MC Plus 4 midsize on my entire set. I really like the grip a little softer feel than the original MC which helps me the originals were to hard on my hands with arthritis in my fingers the ones feel great and are easier on the hands glad to be able to game an MC again.

I actually blew these on with no tape at all.

Got one round under the belt...verdict- ME LIKEY!

I got to play these in hot, muggy, sweaty conditions yesterday and was really happy with the way they managed moisture. Zero slipping. I continue enjoy these grips way more than the NDMC's.

this is really the only question I had about them...

Back