Callaway Preowned - Amazing

I just got a box from CPO last night that blew my mind. Folks, when they say "like new" on the site...they mean "NEW". I would be shocked if either of the two clubs in this box had ever touched a golf ball. There is not a single mark on the 3W, no rubs/marks on the sole, nothing on the face, nothing! The putter might have one or two putts on it, who knows, but it still has all the stickers on it, to include the little 34" sticker on the grip that usually doesn't last too long. AMAZING!
So if you see something you like listed as "like new", grab it.

Nice set! I've definitely heard different experiences from people about CPO so although they've got good prices, I've been reluctant to pull the trigger.

Hey if u are selling the shafts hit me up with a pm.Thx.

Quite a few transactions for me over the years from CPO, all have been exceptional. In fact, I purchased the same set of irons (2007 X-Forged) from them about three years ago in VG condition. After opening the shipping box, I love that part, I discovered a complete set of new irons with upgraded Golf Pride DD2 grips. By the way, I still proudly game these buttery smooth clubs.

I just got a box from CPO last night that blew my mind. Folks, when they say "like new" on the site...they mean "NEW". I would be shocked if either of the two clubs in this box had ever touched a golf ball. There is not a single mark on the 3W, no rubs/marks on the sole, nothing on the face, nothing! The putter might have one or two putts on it, who knows, but it still has all the stickers on it, to include the little 34" sticker on the grip that usually doesn't last too long. AMAZING!
So if you see something you like listed as "like new", grab it.

Same here. I got a "free" like new White Ice Rossi putter that still had the 35" sticker on the grip. It looks like it is brand new. I also bought two Diablo fairway woods that were described as average, that look really nice to me. So I got two fairway woods and a practically new putter, all with head covers, for $117.

Bumping this, as I'm curious of something. I know some folks have said that CPO sometimes does a trade in bonus offer - how often has this occurred? I've got some clubs I might want to trade in, but the bonus I'm looking at now requires me to buy a new club, and being a cheapo I wonder if I can get a trade in bonus on used stuff with some patience.

I would be interested also..hope it is soon

Bumping this, as I'm curious of something. I know some folks have said that CPO sometimes does a trade in bonus offer - how often has this occurred? I've got some clubs I might want to trade in, but the bonus I'm looking at now requires me to buy a new club, and being a cheapo I wonder if I can get a trade in bonus on used stuff with some patience.

50% trade in bonus going on all this month! I'm thinking their club selection is going to decrease rapidly though...

Also, thru March 9 you can use the coupon code XCPMX. It even applies to adjustments. So if you want your driver cut down an inch and a new grip added they take 20% off that as well.

The only problem I have with Callaway Pre-Owned is they don't take paypal.

Get the PayPal card. Its a MasterCard so it's accepted everywhere. And you just draw from your existing PayPal balance. No fees to my knowledge for using either. You can also get atm withdrawals from your balance. I love it. I sell a club using PayPal then use the card to pay for my shipping costs at the Post office. Keeps all my golf purchase from my wifee lol.

Glad most have had awesome experiences with CPO.
Around a year ago I took advantage of a Christmas sale there were having. I paid extra for a "like new" condition Tank putter. While the putter looked unhit it had 3 scratches deep in the paint. Two scratches wrre over an inch long. Of all places on the top of the putter. Looking down to putt a ball that is all I saw. I guess that was their definition of minor shop wear. I immediately returned it and have been hesitant to ever order again. Especially since I was out about $7 on return shipping. I think they only comped $8 and the Tanks weight took total shipping to $15.

I my first clubs were from cpo, I credit them for easing my entry into the game. While their prices are fair, certainly not the lowest. But consistently their conditions are better than expected. So I wouldn't hesitate to order again if there are real good sales going on.

Glad most have had awesome experiences with CPO.
Around a year ago I took advantage of a Christmas sale there were having. I paid extra for a "like new" condition Tank putter. While the putter looked unhit it had 3 scratches deep in the paint. Two scratches wrre over an inch long. Of all places on the top of the putter. Looking down to putt a ball that is all I saw. I guess that was their definition of minor shop wear. I immediately returned it and have been hesitant to ever order again. Especially since I was out about $7 on return shipping. I think they only comped $8 and the Tanks weight took total shipping to $15.
Sorry for the negative experience. I am confident in saying that is the exception to the rule. I've purchased from them many times and it's always been good. I just bought a "like new" V Series 3W. It came with the head and grip wrapped in original plastic.

Anybody done the phone in for the 50% bonus? Work pretty seamlessly, or does it take forever? I've got 3 clubs I want to trade in towards a Bertha 3w.

Anybody done the phone in for the 50% bonus? Work pretty seamlessly, or does it take forever? I've got 3 clubs I want to trade in towards a Bertha 3w.

You may already know this, but the small print says that you can do the trade-in online also, and while you won't SEE the extra 50% displayed, they will credit back the extra 50%. I did my trade last week that way.

I wish they covered shipping the way GlobalGolf and others do, and with heavy volumes the processing time once the golf clubs get there can be a bit lengthy, but I haven't had any major issues with previous trade ins with them.

You may already know this, but the small print says that you can do the trade-in online also, and while you won't SEE the extra 50% displayed, they will credit back the extra 50%. I did my trade last week that way.

I wish they covered shipping the way GlobalGolf and others do, and with heavy volumes the processing time once the golf clubs get there can be a bit lengthy, but I haven't had any major issues with previous trade ins with them.

So do you just pay for it up front, and then they credit you back once it processes?

Sucks they don't cover shipping, I thought they did for some reason. But, whatever, it's not a huge charge.

So do you just pay for it up front, and then they credit you back once it processes?

Sucks they don't cover shipping, I thought they did for some reason. But, whatever, it's not a huge charge.

Exactly, you pay for the club, and they credit back the same form of payment when the trade-in is received and processed. Even if you call in, I'm sure the same applies.

You can also buy a pre paid UPS label from them when you call. Its $10 which is probably cheaper than actual shipping costs.
I prefer to call as well because they can see inventory that you cant see online.

You can also buy a pre paid UPS label from them when you call. Its $10 which is probably cheaper than actual shipping costs.
I prefer to call as well because they can see inventory that you cant see online.

That's a good tip, thanks man! Yeah $10 is definitely at least a couple bucks cheaper.

Are there long hold times and such, or is the phone experience pretty good?

I have not bought anything from CPO, but I talked a friend into buying the Hx2 Hot Pros when they had a BOGO free deal, and he told me again yesterday that they are his favorite clubs in the bag, and what a great deal he got.

I don't need anything new, but when I do I will be look at CPO before I buy anywhere.

I will only buy used online from two sites, Dallas Golf and Callaway Pre-Owned. Great buys and service from both of them.

Am not familiar with Dallas Golf so I'll check that out. I've read lots of good about Callaway Pre-owned. They've answered my emails and I appreciate that.

That's a good tip, thanks man! Yeah $10 is definitely at least a couple bucks cheaper.

Are there long hold times and such, or is the phone experience pretty good?

Experience was great. Highly recommend

Went for the Big Bertha 3W, should cost me about $20 after my trade ins. Hoping it goes well!

@acessence:

Nice clubs but that golf bag tho....

Go Habs Go!

Back