Greg Norman Signs With Cobra - THP TV

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV chats with the President of Cobra Golf about the newly announced signing of Greg Norman.

"Not trying to be the biggest, just trying to be the most desirable."

I love the approach Cobra/Puma is having with their Tour Staff/Staff.

Mr. Josh Babbitt with another quality interview.
Well done sir !

Sounds like a really good all around signing. Glad to see Greg back to his roots! Sounds like they're excited to have him on team CPG!!!

You can always tell when the interviews are getting better and more fun for Josh. His sign offs get better and he doesn't look so angry. Haha

I think it's a great signing for CPG. Greg Norman really built the Cobra brand, as was stated, and now years later as he has built his own brand and own business, he brings those connections to CPG and the benefit greatly.

When I heard of the signing, I didn't expect it but I said to myself "Makes sense. Good for them". I wish them great success and will enjoy watching the brand grow.

Was it the right signing? Definitely like discussed in the interview Greg basically was the man behind the Cobra brand. I know from my view point the Shark influenced my decision to play Cobra back in the day. Bringing him back will not only reach the more seasoned golfer's out their, but that middle aged generation that grew up watching Greg play. It's a + for the business aspect, visibility, and equipment.

Happy to see this!

Now that were told the motive behind the signing it makes a ton of sense. My initial response was OK, so what? I initially though he was ramping up for the senior tour after the long lay off. I wish them all the luck! I did like the part about, we don't course t drivers or shoes. And they're not trying to be the biggest just the most desirable was really kind of cool. Although being desire able will lead to growth if they're successful, so some of that is taken with a grain of salt.

Wanting to be the most desirable is a good goal for Cobra. I think they are on their way to being in the ballpark they want to be. They have had some good products the last couple years and built on that for 2014.

Wanting to be the most desirable is a good goal for Cobra. I think they are on their way to being in the ballpark they want to be. They have had some good products the last couple years and built on that for 2014.
Exactly my thoughts, Ddec. They arent doing this to sell more clubs, they are doing it to build their brand. I like the way they are thinking.

Absolutely awesome interview and to echo what others have said I think Cobra/Puma golf is heading in the absolute right direction.

Exactly my thoughts, Ddec. They arent doing this to sell more clubs, they are doing it to build their brand. I like the way they are thinking.

Looking at things over the past few years. The all orange look brought attention because it stood out. Last year their lineup was very good top to bottom. This year its much more complete. Also that orange look seems to have faded a touch if you noticed from the booth pics. Headed in the right direction

I'm actually watching this Feherty episode right now.

Have always enjoyed Greg.

Looking at things over the past few years. The all orange look brought attention because it stood out. Last year their lineup was very good top to bottom. This year its much more complete. Also that orange look seems to have faded a touch if you noticed from the booth pics. Headed in the right direction
Yes sir. The Orange-out caught the attention, and now they are just pushing forward. I like it. Plus, having awesome clubs helps too.

Great interview, honestly answered a lot of unknowns for many people. Personally seems like a really smart move, simply for the fact that like he said, Mr. Norman has the ability to impact their brand through numerous avenues.

Man THP TV is crushing it with all of the interviews. Love seeing it more active. Personally, I think the Shark signing gets them some buzz, and from a behind the scenes sense, I think it makes sense.

Cobra/Puma hooking up with the shark is a win/win for both parties. I look forward to seeing how this move develops over the next couple of years.

Great signing by Cobra/Puma. Greg Norman has always been class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#swagger I love what Cobra is doing and it is obvious the signing makes sense on so many levels. What this brand has done in a few shore years is impressive to say the least.

They also get China has a middle and upper middle class now and with Norman being the Coach with his business connections it is huge for them too.

Cobra/Puma picking up The Shark was a no brainier. Brought a great style that he has and I think the big plus is he's a huge business guy. Not only will he be wearing the gear and playing with it but he'll be doing alot of business deals I bet. Great job Cobra!!!

I love the approach they are taking. You aren't going to overtake the big boys over night, but what he said was they're trying to be the "most desirable" and I really liked that. Cobra Puma Golf is going places.

I think it's a great move.

I like Norman with Cobra, he gives them instant recognition world wide. He definitely has the swagger they are looking for.

Glad to hear this. My grandpa was a big fan of his. Great memories watching golf on TV when i was a kid in the 90s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I think it's a good move and bringing more all around to meet with there vision. They were/are flashy, attention demanded, and with the last series really brought some quality tools to the table. With what we are seeing at the show and from other venues, this year is going to take it even a step or three up the desirable ladder.

Back