Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That thing would be great for the range too.. doesnt look like it is too big.

Damn KC, that's a solid deal for what all it can do.

In a perfect world, I want a unit that displays accurate LA and spin and doesn't require a PC to view results.

Am I dreaming? I would be everyone's best friend on Friday at the Morgan Cup. Hahaha

Saw my first Lime-Green Bio Cell Driver today... may just have to hit some driver today after some iron comparisons tonight!

More time at GG's LM today. One step closer to the SLDR rescue. Just feels and sounds awesome and has R1-like ability to stay straight for me.

Irons are getting closer, but was just thrown a major curve ball when I learned Aerotech Steelfibers are an option in Bridgestone DPC's. Now I need to figure out where I can demo the DPC...

More time at GG's LM today. One step closer to the SLDR rescue. Just feels and sounds awesome and has R1-like ability to stay straight for me.

Irons are getting closer, but was just thrown a major curve ball when I learned Aerotech Steelfibers are an option in Bridgestone DPC's. Now I need to figure out where I can demo the DPC...

Best SHaft/Iron combo EVER

Best SHaft/Iron combo EVER

Oh boy, this just moved up in priority.

How would you characterize forgiveness? In line with the Apex? More? Less?

Oh boy, this just moved up in priority.

How would you characterize forgiveness? In line with the Apex? More? Less?
Hard for me to do yet, Ive played 1 round with Apex and probably 50 with DPC's. My guess is when its all said and done the Apex are more forgiving though, especially in the limited amount of toe hits Ive seen.

Now aerotechs in the Apex like Im pondering could be amazing

Debatable.

Probably should have posted my disclaimer that its based on the limited amount of irons/shafts ive owned, not nearly as much or in depth as others on here

Slower swing speed with my iron (around 91-93mph) helps me to justify a transition back to stiff or closer to stiff rather than playing X.

Not sold on it. Just pondering aloud.
Dan, I'm at 92 with my 6-iron according to the Mizzy Shaft Optimizer...and I'm in stiff C-Tapers. Gave me exactly what I wanted.

They are solid but I would still take the SpeedBlades with CTL's over them.

Smart cookie.

Seriously though, lots of great options out there right now, I'm pondering pretty much every graphite shaft right now.

Now aerotechs in the Apex like Im pondering could be amazing

I actually hit this combo at my recent fitting. It was extremely solid. Lots of distance and nice feel at impact.

It looks like a decent setup, for an at home user, it is very well priced... assuming the software works/is available for it "** need to find alternative software - zelocity has gone out of business"

Yeah that part has me thinking as well. Wouldn't know where to start looking for "alternate software"

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I think I've made up my mind, as soon as TM releases that spider SI one will be ordered.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

After hitting the amp cell pro irons again yesterday they are back on the list. Feel so good and look amazing.

Dan, I'm at 92 with my 6-iron according to the Mizzy Shaft Optimizer...and I'm in stiff C-Tapers. Gave me exactly what I wanted.

Yeah, I really like the profile of the S+ C-Tapers, I am just curious as to whether they are the perfect match. I'm leaning towards them not being so.

Yeah, I really like the profile of the S+ C-Tapers, I am just curious as to whether they are the perfect match. I'm leaning towards them not being so.

For that shape of a shot that you like, I would say they are not. DG Pros perhaps?

I've always been able to hit whatever shape I want with any shaft, head matter the most there and it's not even close IMO.

What do I know though.

Actually having talked with all that I have about things like this I know that it (iron shaft) doesn't determine flight tendencies as far as working the ball, but, I know that's not a popular bought.

I've always been able to hit whatever shape I want with any shaft, head matter the most there and it's not even close IMO.

What do I know though.

Not refering so much to shaping left or shaping right. More refering to the general ball flight path. For example, the DG S300/X100 is more bell shaped flight path, where as the PX Rifle is a more boring, flatter flight path. Thats what I ment by shot shape. Probably the wrong choice of wording there, should have used flight path instead of shot shape.

Not refering so much to shaping left or shaping right. More refering to the general ball flight path. For example, the DG S300/X100 is more bell shaped flight path, where as the PX Rifle is a more boring, flatter flight path. Thats what I ment by shot shape. Probably the wrong choice of wording there, should have used flight path instead of shot shape.

To me up and down is trajectory and launch while left to right is shape, so I can see the miscommunication now. Was confused as shafts don't effect ability to work the ball. As for trajectory, it does vary some but not nearly as much as us gear heads want to believe, especially when you see the numbers all next to eachother and what is going on.

Pondering trying a black tie in my rbz this year. When I did my fitting it was by far my favorite but sticker shock was too much. Hoping to find a deal on one this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pondering trying a black tie in my rbz this year. When I did my fitting it was by far my favorite but sticker shock was too much. Hoping to find a deal on one this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There are some good prices on eBay. A lot have Taylormade adapters already on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back