2014 Taylormade - Demo Day

Man I am envious of y'all! Want to hit those wedges something fierce, simple and classy, just like the TP irons.

It would be easy to stay at the TMaG booth with all of that goodness.

any pics of the wedge with the ATV style sole? they both look traditional to me (or is that the point?)

any pics of the wedge with the ATV style sole? they both look traditional to me (or is that the point?)

That is the point. The new ATV sole is subtle. Much more so than the previous version.

That is the point. The new ATV sole is subtle. Much more so than the previous version.

Oh, that's awesome then! I really like the turf interaction on my set AW but like the looks of a more "traditional" wedge better

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Okay, that staff bag is ridiculous

abu7ehe9.jpg

It's going to look even better with my name on it :)

Those wedges look great. Just wondering do you guys get to try out all the equipment at the show?

TM always has a sweet setup at the show. So intrigued by the wedges.

Curious about the wedges. I haven't been a fan since the RACs

I became a huge fan of TM last weekend, the equipment is so good and the folks behind it are as genuine as it gets.

I do think it matters (to a lot of people), but I doubt it would impact performance with the new technology in place.

What was interesting to hear over the last couple days is how much the tour reps enjoyed the ATV and the grind it had. Surely much of that feedback was taken and brought to the new design.

The wedges interest me, as I love the ATV's I have. If they have improved upon them - I'm in!

Alittle late to the party. But these things were awesome looking.

FA2A3888_zpsc47127f9.jpg

And the ATV...

62E2118D_zps7c3a1ad3.jpg

I do think it matters (to a lot of people), but I doubt it would impact performance with the new technology in place.

What was interesting to hear over the last couple days is how much the tour reps enjoyed the ATV and the grind it had. Surely much of that feedback was taken and brought to the new design.

As a 2013 convert to the ATV grind, I'm delighted with the release of the Tour Preferred wedges, giving me the option of traditional bounce or ATV. Once you experience the ATV versatility for flops and tight lies, it's hard to go back. Cosmetically these are very nice, plus they keep the grind to which I've become addicted. I think I'll be switching my 50 and 56, but I love that little extra whale tail on my current 60 and 64 ATV's that keeps them from digging in. Until the micro-etching wears off, I think I'll keep them.

Alittle late to the party. But these things were awesome looking.

Blah you didn't get the faces! The finish on it prior to us beating them around was pretty neat looking as well.

The big photos are nice, but I think it's worth pointing out that the ATV sole is much more evident in the 60 - 64 wedges; in the 50-56 it tends to blend in more with the traditional shape and it's also less important.

But who can argue with these looks? Does anyone lament the lack of colored lines and zig-zags on the back? Not me, and I love my Speedblades. If they'd give us 2014 plain-back Speedblades to complement the good looking Tour Preferreds, I'd upgrade again and rest content.

The big photos are nice, but I think it's worth pointing out that the ATV sole is much more evident in the 60 - 64 wedges; in the 50-56 it tends to blend in more with the traditional shape and it's also less important.

But who can argue with these looks? Does anyone lament the lack of colored lines and zig-zags on the back? Not me, and I love my Speedblades. If they'd give us 2014 plain-back Speedblades to complement the good looking Tour Preferreds, I'd upgrade again and rest content.

I do not believe the 2014 ATV sole will be available in less than a 56°

Excuse my dumbness but is the atv sole just flatter with out all the bounce?

I do not believe the 2014 ATV sole will be available in less than a 56°

That makes me sad. My 54 atv is probably my favorite club.

Excuse my dumbness but is the atv sole just flatter with out all the bounce?

Not really. In simple terms, it's like having ALL the bounces in one sole.

Not really. In simple terms, it's like having ALL the bounces in one sole.

That's a pretty good explanation. Where the ATV is really a beast is with the heel grind and the very wide sole plate, which gets much wider in the higher lofts -- to the point that they have an extra lip or wing that helps the clubs not dig in the sand. This is like the old Alien or the new Cleveland Smart Sole. The trouble with those clubs is they tend to be ONE USE sticks. They do what they do well, but they are piss poor at other types of shots.

The ATV's can also hit regular wedge shots just fine. My 50 goes 110, my 56 goes 90, the 60 goes about 75. But then the extreme heel grind allows you to lay even the lower wedges wide open and scoop the ball even on tight or hard lies. The things just glide under. That other commentor was spot on -- the lower lofted ATV's are a dream to hit in a variety of ways. I like them so much I've shelved my 64 in favor of a 60 that I just open up. I could probably drop the 60 and just fiddle with an open 56 more, bagging a 3 iron instead. They are that versatile.

So this makes sense if they don't offer ATV in lower lofts. At lower lofts the ATV disappears. Not to worry if you like ATV though, you can still buy brand new any loft you want for about $30 a club on ebay. One of the best bargains in golf. Makes me think that I've got no reason to change up to the new Tour Preferreds unless they are forged. The old ATV's have the same grooves and micro-etching.

Back