The Car Shopping Thread

Our friend has a white MKZ, very sharp looking car! They have the hybrid model and have had nothing but good things to say about it. Good luck with it JB & GG! Now just need to get some tint on the windows to protect from the FL sun

7e0ff4bfad7befcc9133b1ab569f10ba.jpg

I'm calling it the Babbitt Mobile. It'll go nicely on the circular driveway on its way to the Babbitt Cave

Our friend has a white MKZ, very sharp looking car! They have the hybrid model and have had nothing but good things to say about it. Good luck with it JB & GG! Now just need to get some tint on the windows to protect from the FL sun

Just got the other done last week, this one will get done very soon as well.

It will look really slick with the tinted windows!

Just test drove the new 2016 Maxima. Its a really really really nice car, but its over $40 grand. I'd prefer a bimmer at that price.

JRod or anyone else that has experience, how are the Ford Edge's when it comes to mechanical issues? Pretty standard as long as you keep up with maintenance or known issues?

JRod or anyone else that has experience, how are the Ford Edge's when it comes to mechanical issues? Pretty standard as long as you keep up with maintenance or known issues?

What year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 limited with 25k miles

Not much experience with any of them that new. The older ones had some transmission issues but I'm sure it's been redesigned since then .

Sorry bro I can't really help.

Not much experience with any of them that new. The older ones had some transmission issues but I'm sure it's been redesigned since then .

Sorry bro I can't really help.

No worries... When you say older how old? Gives me a ball park to stay away from

The Car Shopping Thread

10 and earlier I believe . The previous generation .

Which can also makes it so hard to purchase a close to new japanese car, its so hard to justify it.

And interestly enough, KBB disagrees with your above premise, 6 of the top 10 cars that hold their value are American. 3 of the others are Toyotas of course. http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-resale-value-awards/best-resale-top-10-cars/ Also interesting that NONE of the top 10 are cars.

This list also has 5 of the top 10 being American, with Toyota having 3 of the top 4. http://www.thestreet.com/story/12757242/1/10-cars-that-retain-their-resale-value-after-5-years.html
Im going to call BS on that one because one of them is a Chrysler product and 2 of them are the Colorado/Canyon, which, like someone else said, is a pile of dung. Not to mention the Accord and Camry didnt make the list but the Silverado and F-150 did. Really? Nope, Im not buying that one.

There is nothing to call BS on, its KBB and their track record is the gold standard of value. Check the prices of used Jeep Wranglers. They hold better than anything out there we have seen over the last 3 years.

Im going to call BS on that one because one of them is a Chrysler product and 2 of them are the Colorado/Canyon, which, like someone else said, is a pile of dung. Not to mention the Accord and Camry didnt make the list but the Silverado and F-150 did. Really? Nope, Im not buying that one.
The Jeep wrangler is unquestionably one of the best vehicles when it comes to resale, and F150 has always done very well as well.

It is from KBB, it's definitely a reputable source.

The Car Shopping Thread

I don't understand how they can have the same vehicles occupy different spots because of a badge.

Also how are they projecting what a brand new car will be worth in 5 years?

Genuinely curious as I don't know how it's possible . This is only the first or second year the Colorado has been around since 2008 ish?

Those are my only concerns with the list.

I don't understand how they can have the same vehicles occupy different spots because of a badge.

Genuinely curious as I don't know how it's possible . This is only the first or second year the Colorado has been around since 2008 ish?

Its based on previous demand and current demand of previous models.
I mean KBB is considered THE source for pricing and used by just about everybody.
Jee Wranglers may not be the best built cars, but resale value wise, there is no denying how their value holds up.

If its easier, one can look at something from 5 years ago and see the same thing, despite Toyota not being in the 1st slot and instead its Jeep followed by F150, followed by Mini Cooper, followed by 3 Toyotas.

Those are my only concerns with the list.

Agreed, it would have made more sense to post them as one vehicle.

And don't they do the same thing with reliability ratings? Don't they come out on new vehicles, projecting based on passed results.

Its based on previous demand and current demand of previous models.
I mean KBB is considered THE source for pricing and used by just about everybody.
Jee Wranglers may not be the best built cars, but resale value wise, there is no denying how their value holds up.

If its easier, one can look at something from 5 years ago and see the same thing, despite Toyota not being in the 1st slot and instead its Jeep followed by F150, followed by Mini Cooper, followed by 3 Toyotas.

Oh I know jeeps hold their value extremely well and kbb is the number one source for values I just didn't understand how it all worked. Now I have a better idea.

Agreed, it would have made more sense to post them as one vehicle.

And don't they do the same thing with reliability ratings? Don't they come out on new vehicles, projecting based on passed results.

Honestly I don't read them bro so I wouldn't know. Awards like "initial quality" crack me up though. What does that even mean. This vehicle has tons of bells and whistles but in five years you will be broke trying to keep it running?

Nice looking ride JB, I just joined the Ford/Lincoln family too with a 13 Focus ST.

So far I'm quite impressed.

There is nothing to call BS on, its KBB and their track record is the gold standard of value. Check the prices of used Jeep Wranglers. They hold better than anything out there we have seen over the last 3 years.
Still a Chrysler product. You should really look up the IQS ratings JD Power gave the Wranger. Its below average, at best. Im not sure how KBB thinks that translates into great resale value.
Beyond that, like I said, the Colorado/Canyon are sister models and the Colorado/Canyon has been a piece of junk ever since it came out. Everyone I know who has owned one had nothing but problems with it and if you go on any forum for those vehicles you will see a laundry list of complaints.
Like I said, I call BS.

Still a Chrysler product. You should really look up the IQS ratings JD Power gave the Wranger. Its below average, at best. Im not sure how KBB thinks that translates into great resale value.
Beyond that, like I said, the Colorado/Canyon are sister models and the Colorado/Canyon has been a piece of junk ever since it came out. Everyone I know who has owned one had nothing but problems with it and if you go on any forum for those vehicles you will see a laundry list of complaints.
Like I said, I call BS.

Doesn't really matter how KBB "thinks" that translates to resell.

Fact is resell value is resell value. Wranglers hold their value incredibly well regardless of their IQS rating.

You seem to want justification from a quality perspective and now that "should" translate to resell value and it's just not required. If people are consistently willing to pay percentage X of original price and its higher than its competitors then the resell value is stronger - nothing more or less.

Doesn't really matter how KBB "thinks" that translates to resell.

Fact is resell value is resell value. Wranglers hold their value incredibly well regardless of their IQS rating.

You seem to want justification from a quality perspective and now that "should" translate to resell value and it's just not required. If people are consistently willing to pay percentage X of original price and its higher than its competitors then the resell value is stronger - nothing more or less.

Wranglers have a culture unto their own and jeep guys will buy used to jeeps to make mods and take them off reading,etc. like you said resell value is resell value...it doesn't matter what it is if people want a certain thing the market will bare the value for it.

I need to start convincing my wife to trade in the Beetle for the 2016 Miata.

Like I said, I call BS.

Jeep owners are like Land Rover owners... Neither of these vehicles are purchased because of resale value or quality. You don't have to look too hard to find that Chrysler products in general are bottom of the barrel. People simply buy these vehicle because they love the look and the ride of the Jeep (or Land Rover). Although, in my opinion, both are way overpriced.

Back