No Cobras for fitting, is that a big issue?

Thedoswells

Reaction score
Handicap
GST 12.0
Hi
Im about to book a fitting for 2 clubs, which could be hybrids or fairways or 1 of each depending what works.
my fitter can let me try:
the new callaways, or older x2 hot
tight lies 2
G30
Aeroburner and R15
Titleist 915
+ some other older and newer models
.. But no Cobras for some reason
or much in the way of Cleveland or Bridgestone here, which I expected, but no Cobras.

Could I be missing out or is it likely that the above should cover what I need

thanks

That's a solid selection in there. I wouldn't be concerned at all.

Hi
Im about to book a fitting for 2 clubs, which could be hybrids or fairways or 1 of each depending what works.
my fitter can let me try:
the new callaways, or older x2 hot
tight lies 2
G30
Aeroburner and R15
Titleist 915
+ some other older and newer models
.. But no Cobras for some reason
or much in the way of Cleveland or Bridgestone here, which I expected, but no Cobras.

Could I be missing out or is it likely that the above should cover what I need

thanks

A week ago I would have said no problem. Monday and Thursday this week I hit the following drivers at the range: Ping G30, Ping G30 LS Tec, TM R15, TM Jetspeed TP, Titleist 915, Callaway XR, Callaway DBD, Bridgestone 715, and Cobra Fly Z+.

I bought the Fly Z+ after not gaming a cobra driver since the 1990's. Your results will obviously be different but I was shocked that both days the Cobra and Callaway XR were my favorites.

Thanks guys. I am slightly surprised they don't carry them though.. To have a chance to hit them means going further to a purely indoor fitting centre rather than this one with a proper outdoor range...

A week ago I would have said no problem. Monday and Thursday this week I hit the following drivers at the range: Ping G30, Ping G30 LS Tec, TM R15, TM Jetspeed TP, Titleist 915, Callaway XR, Callaway DBD, Bridgestone 715, and Cobra Fly Z+.

I bought the Fly Z+ after not gaming a cobra driver since the 1990's. Your results will obviously be different but I was shocked that both days the Cobra and Callaway XR were my favorites.

Bottom line is all the drivers you're looking at are so good that properly fit they all go within a few yards of one another.

Bottom line is all the drivers you're looking at are so good that properly fit they all go within a few yards of one another.
Thanks, just want to clarify though that I am looking at fairways and hybrids in this range, not drivers.
cheers

I didnt give Cobra a look until my guy at my shop had me hit a fly-z+, and absolutely loved it, loved it so much I bought the driver and a 3/4 hybrid.

I didnt give Cobra a look until my guy at my shop had me hit a fly-z+, and absolutely loved it, loved it so much I bought the driver and a 3/4 hybrid.
Argggh, glad you liked them so much but now its got me thinking.....!

That's an answer only you can answer really. Most of the top manufactures are pushing out great products and realistically, performance wise, there's not going to be that much difference between them with a proper fitting. Now, if you have your heart set on Cobra because you like the brand, look, etc. then I would say hold out until you can give them a swing as well because you want to be confident in what you play. If you're just looking for something to perform really well for your game and brand doesn't matter much to you, then I'm 100% positive, if your fitter does his job, you'll walk away with max performance and be happy.

That's an answer only you can answer really. Most of the top manufactures are pushing out great products and realistically, performance wise, there's not going to be that much difference between them with a proper fitting. Now, if you have your heart set on Cobra because you like the brand, look, etc. then I would say hold out until you can give them a swing as well because you want to be confident in what you play. If you're just looking for something to perform really well for your game and brand doesn't matter much to you, then I'm 100% positive, if your fitter does his job, you'll walk away with max performance and be happy.

thanks, this makes sense.
im certainly not brand loyal or anything, they were just one of the ones that seems popular and I quite like the look of the adjustability. But what you say is encouraging..

thanks, this makes sense.
im certainly not brand loyal or anything, they were just one of the ones that seems popular and I quite like the look of the adjustability. But what you say is encouraging..

It really is a great consumers market at this time with this much competition. Best of luck.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back