gr8dryv

Big Boned
Reaction score
Handicap
Job & Kids
I'm looking for a spreadsheet to track this year's play. Any suggestions on a good one?

I made one last year at the beginnig of the year using Excel. Kept track of score(front and back), Fairways, Greens, Tee misses right or left, bunker saves, putts, penalty shots. Also did par 3, 4, and 5 scoring in relation to par for each round. I stopped keeping track after about a month.

I'm looking for a spreadsheet to track this year's play. Any suggestions on a good one?
Can't you just use an app like OOB? It tracks all those stats and reports back to you, plus gives you an unofficial handicap.

I made one last year at the beginnig of the year using Excel. Kept track of score(front and back), Fairways, Greens, Tee misses right or left, bunker saves, putts, penalty shots. Also did par 3, 4, and 5 scoring in relation to par for each round. I stopped keeping track after about a month.

Ya, I might end up doing the same I figured I'd try the Excel route before I invest in an app or Arccos type system.

Ya, I might end up doing the same I figured I'd try the Excel route before I invest in an app or Arccos type system.

what I was doing was keeping certain stats on my scorecard and then on Monday I would bring in my cards from the weekend and input everything.

Can't you just use an app like OOB? It tracks all those stats and reports back to you, plus gives you an unofficial handicap.

I will look into that, thanks. If it's something I have to do by entering info on my phone while playing, it'll get stale with me quick. I'd prefer to track on my paper score card then enter the data at my own convenience.

I will look into that, thanks. If it's something I have to do by entering info on my phone while playing, it'll get stale with me quick. I'd prefer to track on my paper score card then enter the data at my own convenience.
Its actually a website with an app, but you can enter on the website after the fact, and its absolutely free.

I looked at keeping track of scores last year using an Excel spreadsheet but not stats

The issue I see with doing something like this is if you want to go into too much detail you need to have a sheet for each course you play - I only kept them for my home course, so only needed a single sheet and I can see every round at a glance, then I can select individual rounds to show gross/nett scores and birdie/par/bogey, stableford points based on my handicap, average for par 3/4/5 holes and at the top of the sheet I have my eclectic round

I did look at keeping scores for other courses as well, but I wouldn't be able to highlight which scores were birdie/par/bogey etc without manually noting this so I only recorded the hole score and calculated the gross and nett scores on the total for the round

So if you only wanted to keep the stats for your home course then I guess it is relatively simple to set something up, but if you play a lot of different courses it might be worthwhile looking into another way to do it

I could be wrong, but surely phone apps will allow you to retrospectively add round details when you are home if you want to record it all on the card and then enter it later?

Use OOB. It's easy and it does all the work for you - although sometimes I have to fix course rating/slope info if it's out of date.

I use mobilegolfstats, I just keep my stats on the card and then enter it when i get home. FREE and gives you all kinds of stats for you.

I'll echo OOB, Rob. You can set up which stats it wants you to track and you can transfer everything from your scorecard to the website after the fact if you don't want to use the app. It'll even track your average drive length if you measure with a GPS and enter the distances.

I'll echo OOB, Rob. You can set up which stats it wants you to track and you can transfer everything from your scorecard to the website after the fact if you don't want to use the app. It'll even track your average drive length if you measure with a GPS and enter the distances.

Thanks Greg, yup I signed up for it this morning.

Nike NG360 is a pretty good free app that I use.

If you are still interested in an Excel spreadsheet, I think I still have the one I used for a Statistics course on disc at home.

I believe there are phasing out Oobgolf. I would suggest sign up for free with Skycaddie (Skygolf 360) which has the same software and had bought Ooobgolf I believe. You can transfer your data over as well.

I use myscorecard.com for my USGA handicap only but they have stats & performance reports available.

If you are still interested in an Excel spreadsheet, I think I still have the one I used for a Statistics course on disc at home.

That'd be great, thanks!

Here is the spreadsheet I use for myself; I'd welcome suggestions as well:

DateCourseScoreFairwaysFairway %GIRGIR %PuttsScramblingComments
12/18/2014Atascocita (PH/PT)78857.14%1055.56%30N/AGood ballstriking (concentrated on weight shift to left). Poor chipping
12/20/2014Walden801178.57%633.33%29N/APoor irons, poor chipping and putting (better chips with less loft)
12/22/2014Atascocita (PT/SH)86535.71%211.11%29N/AHorrible ballstriking in wet, cold conditions. Remembered to turn inside my right foot on last hole
12/28/2014Star Ranch (Austin)801071.43%633.33%2942%Freezing cold, wet & windy. Decent ball striking, poor chipping and 1st putts, good short putts.
12/29/2014Star Ranch (Austin)72964.29%1583.33%3250%Good ballstriking (concentrated on left shoulder and solid hip turn). Poor putting
1/2/2015Atascocita (SH/PT)74964.29%950.00%2767%Good ballstriking (concentrated on left shoulder, back of left hand and solid hip turn). Very good putting

I believe there are phasing out Oobgolf. I would suggest sign up for free with Skycaddie (Skygolf 360) which has the same software and had bought Ooobgolf I believe. You can transfer your data over as well.

This correct; I have been an OOB user for the past few years and need to find a new home.

Back