Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it James. I dream of a day when my credit score is 0.

Love it James. I dream of a day when my credit score is 0.

Um, I hope you're not dreaming of a day where your credit score is 0. Perhaps your credit balance being 0 is a better goal.

Um, I hope you're not dreaming of a day where your credit score is 0. Perhaps your credit balance being 0 is a better goal.
I want to have to rely on 0 loans. To not need credit. Won't happen. Especially with golf club release cycles.

Thanks Obama

So a bit of a back story for my happy day. My grandfather is pretty talented when it comes to woodworking and when we moved into our house my wife had mentioned asking him to do our dining room furniture. Now my grandfather is up there in age and I havent seen him a ton in recent years due to living so far away so I was a bit hesitant. After a few weeks my wife finally convinced me.

Fast forward a few months after going through a bunch of designs with my grandfather we finally settled with one. A few days ago I got a text from him that the moving company would be delivering it this morning now I had to run out for work super early so wasnt able to be home with my wife when it got here. I just got home and am simply amazed.

People that really know me know I dont have much emotion dont get to high or low but this one really touched me today seeing the furniture for the first time. Not only are they some amazing pieces but I know the amount of work that went into these and will always remember that and where they came from. I have a few other smaller pieces Telescope (not exactly small), Kaleidoscope and some cars that he did for me but this will make me think of him every time I walk into our house and past that room I will post a couple pictures in here but will post more in the woodworking thread for those that are interested.

4MCQca.jpg

sYtaie.jpg

cSP576.jpg

Getting the news that I am a mere 12 credits away from graduating, have signed up for classes to fulfill said credits, and need to apply for graduation in December is an incredible feeling. The excitement is real! Also a little scary too admittedly, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is not an oncoming train.

Holy crap, what an incredibly thoughtful gift.

wow Ron looks amazing and best part is its something you will have forever to remember him by

So a bit of a back story for my happy day. My grandfather is pretty talented when it comes to woodworking and when we moved into our house my wife had mentioned asking him to do our dining room furniture. Now my grandfather is up there in age and I havent seen him a ton in recent years due to living so far away so I was a bit hesitant. After a few weeks my wife finally convinced me.

Fast forward a few months after going through a bunch of designs with my grandfather we finally settled with one. A few days ago I got a text from him that the moving company would be delivering it this morning now I had to run out for work super early so wasnt able to be home with my wife when it got here. I just got home and am simply amazed.

People that really know me know I dont have much emotion dont get to high or low but this one really touched me today seeing the furniture for the first time. Not only are they some amazing pieces but I know the amount of work that went into these and will always remember that and where they came from. I have a few other smaller pieces Telescope (not exactly small), Kaleidoscope and some cars that he did for me but this will make me think of him every time I walk into our house and past that room I will post a couple pictures in here but will post more in the woodworking thread for those that are interested.

That furniture is absolutely GORGEOUS Ron!! Your Grandfather is very talented. Probably even better than the looks is knowing all of the love that he put into those for you and your wife. Definitely family treasures now.

Getting the news that I am a mere 12 credits away from graduating, have signed up for classes to fulfill said credits, and need to apply for graduation in December is an incredible feeling. The excitement is real! Also a little scary too admittedly, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is not an oncoming train.

Congrats Tyler!! I remember the feeling I had when I put in my last schedule. Great feeling indeed.

Don't do it....stay in school as long as you can. The real word is a very scary place.

Congrats!

Don't do it....stay in school as long as you can. The real word is a very scary place.

Congrats!

So true! I was at the gym this morning and I was desperately trying to think of anything besides how much I wanted to stop running so I started reminiscing about my college years. I remember how badly I wanted to be done with school and into the real world. Now I wish I was back in school where I had no real concept of reality. My reality was study, party, go to the pool, study, party, go to the pool. Those were the days...Man I feel old! And pale!

So true! I was at the gym this morning and I was desperately trying to think of anything besides how much I wanted to stop running so I started reminiscing about my college years. I remember how badly I wanted to be done with school and into the real world. Now I wish I was back in school where I had no real concept of reality. My reality was study, party, go to the pool, study, party, go to the pool. Those were the days...Man I feel old! And pale!

Agreed. I miss College so much
Ha-Ha.....all this going back talk made me think of this gem now:

[video=youtube;-IyyQnRwijY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IyyQnRwijY[/video]

I loved college but have no desire to go back. Maybe the last year..ok I want to go back

I loved college but have no desire to go back. Maybe the last year..ok I want to go back
I am with you I had a great time but I wouldn't go back . I enjoy where I am and where I seem to be heading in my life right now. College helped make me who I am but it is in the past

Great furniture Ron!

I am with you I had a great time but I wouldn't go back . I enjoy where I am and where I seem to be heading in my life right now. College helped make me who I am but it is in the past

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy in my life, but it's stressful. Being a responsible adult and business owner is super stressful. It just reminded me of simpler times.

I don't need to go back. I remember most of it.

Where I am right now is good.

4MCQca.jpg

sYtaie.jpg

cSP576.jpg
That is A) Awesome furniture and B) Even more awesome where it came from.

The Happy Thread

That's amazing Ron. So beautiful.

The Happy Thread

Complete circuit shutdown at work for the past 45 minutes. No phone, no internet.

Thank god for 4G and Tapatalk.

Wow, Ron. Your grandfather is very talented, that stuff looks amazing!

Exciting stuff buddy! Congrats! I do miss college though some of the best times of my life, definitely savor the next 9 months my friend.

Very happy today, our company beat our plan this year and bonus numbers came in and they are better than I thought they would be. Time to start shopping for golf gear.

Working for an awesome company, for awesome bosses and doing something you feel helps people makes the day go a lot easier.

After a long 6 weeks the wife and I can finally move back into our house tomorrow evening. Ecstatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back