barryboymunro

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys visiting Orlando at the end of the week and looking for some suggestions on courses to play?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waldorf where LIITA was just held
Grand Cypress

There are a couple of good threads on it as well with tons of reviews.

Call to check for aerification schedules. I played Hawks Landing yesterday and it was in great shape.

Yes, a lot of courses have been aerated recently. The Ritz is great, Grand Cypress is awesome.

Thanks guys will check them out when skiving at work tomorrow

I'm playing Grand Cypress New course in the morning. I'll post about conditions post round.

I'm playing Grand Cypress New course in the morning. I'll post about conditions post round.

They just aerated GC within the last 7-10 days. They may be ok by now?

Just got back last week. I played the ritz carlton which was in fantastic shape for just shy of 50 bucks. I had to settle for Championsgate international course instead of the New Course at Grand Cypress but overall I thought it was a fun course in really good shape as well. Played it for like 30 in the afternoon. Unfortunately I didnt get to play any others due to weather conditions and a conflicting schedule. I would also suggest looking at the Waldorf which everyone there really raved about, the New course at Grand Cypress, Shingle Creek which should be in good condition now that the greens were aerated about 2 weeks ago, and maybe falcons fire which seemed like a pretty nice course as well.

Got to the course today and the New course was closed for top dressing. Had booked on Golf Now. We were moved to North/South. Still healing from aeration. Some spots on greens were good and other spots were not. Certainly playable. Only had one Broccoli putt.

So many great options? What area are you staying in? What kind of course do you prefer and what's an ideal budget?

I played Eagle Creek near Lake Nona yesterday and greens were still healing from aerification. Beautiful course, but some greens were tough putting. What part of Orlando are you visiting?

Thanks for all the tips guys. Hopping to get in about 4 rounds in the 2 weeks and I'm happy to spend a good amount on a nice course unless it's just ridiculously expensive. Staying at Orange Lake in Kissimmee.

Orange Lake Legends is awesome.
I was just gonna say the same thing, even the Reserve course is in great shape right now.

Back