Anyone play Ocean City MD recently?

DblBogey4Life

Reaction score
Handicap
Going next week and wondering what courses are in good shape? Can be hit or miss and with all the rain we've had not sure where it will be good to play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Held a THP Event there last year. Fantastic time.

Rum Pointe is fantastic but may be pricey. There are a ton of good options though and also check out some of the options in Delaware

Rum Pointe was a great course and also Lighthouse Sound. Those are the only 2 I have played in OC. There are so many too choose from good luck and let us know what you play.

So many great ones. Run Pointe should be near the top of the list.

Just north in DE are Baywood Greens visually stunning and very tough.

Also Bear Trap Dunes makes for a great 36 hole day.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Others have suggested some excellent venues. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be Baywood Greens. Beyond the visual aspects, its known for number 14, it has an island fairway, but one can bail to another available fairway that lengthens the hole. My buds and I play sometmes just outside of OC in Berlin is an area called Glen Riddle, which has two courses (War Admiral and Man O War). The attraction for us is that there is a Ruth Chris on premises-Golf and a Steak. If you're taking Route 50 and would like to play on the way, so to speak, may I suggest the River Marsh in Cambridge.

Really enjoyed Rum Pointe at last years Invitational! If you go out on the boardwalk look for a place called Shenanigan's...

+1 on Shenanigans but don't expect them to have quesadillas...

In agree with all suggestions and would also add eagles landing. It's a solid layout unwise to the area. But Rum Pointe is my favorite.

+1 on Shenanigans but don't expect them to have quesadillas...

In agree with all suggestions and would also add eagles landing. It's a solid layout unwise to the area. But Rum Pointe is my favorite.

They don't serve potato soup either....
Tell Rosie "CJ sent me..."

Rum pointe and light house sound are both fantastic courses to play. If the wind picks up both will be tough to play.

But the wooden cart bridge at lighthouse sound is pretty frickin cool as its gotta be the longest cart bridge ever.

Rum pointe and light house sound are both fantastic courses to play. If the wind picks up both will be tough to play.

But the wooden cart bridge at lighthouse sound is pretty frickin cool as its gotta be the longest cart bridge ever.

I agree with your points. Lighthouse Sound is a great track (and can be expensive, if I recall correctly). I would definitely suggest that one does not let their ego overly influence the choice of tees, there are several forced carries (again if I recall correctly). And yep, if the wind is blowing it can be a long day.

That par3 to the peninsula green at light house can be stupid long if the winds blowing! I believe I hit a 4i pin high from like 160 or a good 4clubs short and nuked it about 4clubs longer the following hole

If you are going to play multiple rounds, check out Ruark? golf. You can play some great courses at a more reasonable price. If not, and you can spend a bit, check out Bayside in Fenwick Island. Fantastic course!

Thanks for all the feedback. All of your suggestions are great. In Maryland I think Rum Point is the best but I've never played well there. I like Lighthouse but I think it is a little over rated-yes it has some awesome holes but it has a bunch of ordinary holes and can get kind if hacked up from the packages. Most in the OC area are pretty good, but you can hit some so-so conditions at some of the courses. In Delaware Bayside is amazing.

I get to play down here several times a year and summer can be a crap shoot.

Back