The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Agreed freddie, he keeps talking about only playing to win but there's no way he's winning anytime soon.

If he gets rid of his two way miss, I'd say he's got a great chance at winning any time he tees it up. But right now, with him not having a clue where the ball is going off the tee, he doesn't stand a chance.

There's no way to sugarcoat it. Tiger is not prepared right now, and his tee game is absolutely rotten. Lucky for him, Chambers Bay has lots of room off the tee. Unlucky for him, it's silly long and he's gonna need to hit driver - which is his Kryptonite right now.
SkiBumGolfer, from the pictures I've seen Chambers Bay looks pretty penalizing if you are errant off the tee. Do you think otherwise? Honestly just curious.

It's funny, because he wasn't far off at the Masters. Top 20 is good form. I don't know what he's been working on since then, but his driver is as bad as can be.
True. But people tend to forget that Tiger was never really the most accurate driver to begin with. Other than 99-03, I don't think he's finished inside the top 100 other than a few times. He was always able to get out of trouble with his recovery shots. That and is putting from < 15'.

True. But people tend to forget that Tiger was never really the most accurate driver to begin with. Other than 99-03, I don't think he's finished inside the top 100 other than a few times. He was always able to get out of trouble with his recovery shots. That and is putting from < 15'.

What he did have was a one way miss though . Now he just sprays it.

He also used to hit the ball a lot further than the competition, which is not the case anymore .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tiger" is a mental mess and a lost soul. All his wealth and fame isn't bringing him direction and understanding. He lives with a wall around him and inside is a scared little boy. Until that is addressed and he finds peace he will continue to spiral out of control.

SkiBumGolfer, from the pictures I've seen Chambers Bay looks pretty penalizing if you are errant off the tee. Do you think otherwise? Honestly just curious.

It depends. There are some fairways that are ridiculously massive. Plus, most fairways are guarded by waste areas. You can still get good lies in there (or awful-stuck-in-a-prickly-bush lies). That being said, if you don't put your drives in the right areas, you are left with very hard second shots because of the large, undulating green complexes.

It depends. There are some fairways that are ridiculously massive. Plus, most fairways are guarded by waste areas. You can still get good lies in there (or awful-stuck-in-a-prickly-bush lies). That being said, if you don't put your drives in the right areas, you are left with very hard second shots because of the large, undulating green complexes.

This is accurate. Having played it though, it isn't wildly demanding off the tee like most US Open courses though with skinny mini fairways - there is some real estate out there. Big misses will kill you though, like DRR says.

In proper U.S. Open form, they should roto-till the waste areas, and leave them all chunked up. Take that, sissy PGA pros!!

It's funny, because he wasn't far off at the Masters. Top 20 is good form. I don't know what he's been working on since then, but his driver is as bad as can be.
Easier course than MV

Was reading my local paper this morning. We had one of the US Open Qualifiers here. Lee Janzen was the medalist. However, there was one quote that made me do a double take. Johnson Wagner, who narrowly missed out qualifying said this after the round; "The short game is good. The irons are good. I just have to figure out how to get the driver in the fairway. I was like Tiger Woods out there. I couldn't sniff a fairway."

Hahaha, I'm now a Johnson Wagner fan. Thats funny.

I would like to see him and Duval tee it up again at a Duel in the desert.

Hahaha, I'm now a Johnson Wagner fan. Thats funny.
I've been a fan of his since walking the final round back during his win in Omaha on the Nationwide tour, his wife is super nice as well, chatted with me and my wife most of the back nine!

If he gets rid of his two way miss, I'd say he's got a great chance at winning any time he tees it up. But right now, with him not having a clue where the ball is going off the tee, he doesn't stand a chance.

You think a 2 way miss is what's holding him back? For real? What about a terrible short game and decidedly average approach shots? His ENTIRE game is up to **** and it's not going to be fixed with a simple tweak or idea.

You think a 2 way miss is what's holding him back? For real? What about a terrible short game and decidedly average approach shots? His ENTIRE game is up to **** and it's not going to be fixed with a simple tweak or idea.

Clearly you did not watch the last two tournaments of his...

If you watched his last couple tournaments, heck even the Masters, his short game and iron play is what kept him playing in those tournaments. If he was even remotely capable off the tee in those events, who knows how well he could have scored/finished.

I wish they didnt cover him so much at tournaments. I don't want to watch him until if and when he gets another win. I think he needs to golf a lot more to have any chance of getting back into form.

I wish they didnt cover him so much at tournaments. I don't want to watch him until if and when he gets another win. I think he needs to golf a lot more to have any chance of getting back into form.
I agree...if he is in contention then by all means show him as much as you would everyone else. But if he finishes dead last, why talk about it and cover it

If you watched his last couple tournaments, heck even the Masters, his short game and iron play is what kept him playing in those tournaments. If he was even remotely capable off the tee in those events, who knows how well he could have scored/finished.

Y'all are outta your minds!! Did no one see the bladed bunker shots, the chunked chips etc!? I am and always have been a TW fan by the way, just because I disagree or have my own opinion doesn't mean I'm wrong. Maybe if I was an old boy people would agree with me but no, saffaclint said it so let's all instantly disagree.

Y'all are outta your minds!! Did no one see the bladed bunker shots, the chunked chips etc!? I am and always have been a TW fan by the way, just because I disagree or have my own opinion doesn't mean I'm wrong. Maybe if I was an old boy people would agree with me but no, saffaclint said it so let's all instantly disagree.

Someone having a different opinion isn't saying you are wrong, its them stating their opinion and why they feel that way, just as you are with yours.

No one is instantly going after anyone, and being an "old boy" has nothing to do with it dude. Its a two way street, you have your opinion, they have theirs, doesn't mean anyone is calling the other wrong.

Someone having a different opinion isn't saying you are wrong, its them stating their opinion and why they feel that way, just as you are with yours.

No one is instantly going after anyone, and being an "old boy" has nothing to do with it dude. Its a two way street, you have your opinion, they have theirs, doesn't mean anyone is calling the other wrong.

James is being way too nice here. You are constantly attacking people and putting them down, so you shouldn't be surprised when people react a certain way to you.

However, in this instance no one was attacking you or criticizing you, instead they were stating their opinion and observations from the last few rounds Tiger has played. Some might see it one way and you see it another, no one is right or wrong. But don't go acting like people are out to get you, just remember your actions and words have consequences, and when you act the way you have around here, you shouldn't be surprised when people are quick to react to your comments.

Freddie - I deleted your post because I don't want this thread to get out of hand. I made my post to hopefully put a stop to something before it gets out of hand. Thanks for your understanding!

"Gentlemen, there's no fighting in the war room!"

here's why i do think the two-way miss off the tee is the biggest problem he has. when you're constantly scrambling to make pars because your tee ball is putting you in such awful position, there's just too much pressure on your short game, and that goes for every pro. that constant grind can get to anybody. tiger isn't the first pro to blade chips out of bunkers, or hit chips fat (shout out to hunter mahan!).

obviously he and chris see how important it is to get the tee game sorted out. so i have to think they're putting extra emphasis on this, and because there are only so many hours of daylight, it stands to reason that the short game is being neglected. during the hero world challenge, tiger's short game was abysmal, and my guess is because they were so focused on the full swing that he wasn't putting in enough time on the short game. he fixed that before the masters, and his short game was pretty darn close to where it was when he was playing well. maybe he and chris are focusing on the full swing too much again?

Back