Most Selfless action from a THPer

adamw238

Reaction score
Handicap
Easy question here...What's the most selfless thing a THPer has done for you? Have they given you something, gone out of their way to make you feel welcome at your first event, given you advice, etc?

For me it was AdWillingham and Golferbest driving over 4 hours to meet me outside of Atlanta to play 18 last year before the Morgan Cup. They were the first THPers I had ever met and right then and there I knew that THP was awesome. I also knew at that point that Team Hackers was definitely going to be a fun group of guys.

THPers who I haven't met in person that have reached pig via PM or other means to cheer me up.

Jman knocking up the doc......got me into the #Grandaddy.

A couple of guys drove out of the way to Kansas City to pick me up after I missed my flight to Dallas for the Callaway invitational. An extremely selfless gesture.

Dev shipping me a Pink Patent head cover for a putter I was customizing for my GF. And not letting me repay him. Nomadic duffer hooked me up with a sweet pair of Red Wing Irish setters. The most comfortable work shoes I've owned to date.

Last edited:
Jman knocking up the doc......got me into the #Grandaddy.

When I saw you had posted, I knew what it would be and how it would be written.

Thats scary.

Cookie giving me a driver after I found my broken. Funny too, because I was wanting test this particular driver.

I mentioned my love for the Bacon THP cover and disappointment on missing out on it, Cookie put one in the mail and wouldn't let me pay him for it or the shipping.

Adam bought really cool traveling trophies for a really fun match we played at Dubsdread. Wouldn't let us pay him back...

Girardcorp hooked me up with two sweet Gmac polo's that he won and didn't fit him.

Manlai will meet me almost anywhere to play!

The list could go on and on...I love this place.

GG buying a tour van to bring equipment to thousands of THPers to reduce their travel cost on the "demand" of THPers to move events out of the SE.

So many cases of it on here, and that makes this place truly special. Ill just say Kang hooked me up and many many others as well.

I mentioned it before in other threads but Wicked Cool Bearded man in the 1st round of last years Morgan Cup.

Fupy! The guy kept telling me he had a great deal and I kept telling him no. Thank you sir!

JM

Probably niteowl03 taking time out of a weekend to teach me club building. Thanks to him I've got a Roberts shaft puller waiting to get mounted to my work bench at home.

Close second might be jhoeffer99. He totally got me a solid discount on some rocking Hyperflexes at Legacy at great personal sacrifice.

Michigan Slice volunteered to be my "Fall Guy".

Toad sent me a score wedge free on charge because of a post I made.

Well there's this one guy adamw238 that saw my post about wanting C-taper Lite shafts and just happened to have some sitting in the corner at home and he proceeded to mail them to me for free. Amazing...

Also, when I missed the Bridgestone Championship at PGA National in 2014 due to some guy taking out the radar center, the partner I left alone, CAABeat, sent me a few really nice things from the event which I couldn't appreciate more.

Some incredible people on here.

Easy question here...What's the most selfless thing a THPer has done for you? Have they given you something, gone out of their way to make you feel welcome at your first event, given you advice, etc?

For me it was AdWillingham and Golferbest driving over 4 hours to meet me outside of Atlanta to play 18 last year before the Morgan Cup. They were the first THPers I had ever met and right then and there I knew that THP was awesome. I also knew at that point that Team Hackers was definitely going to be a fun group of guys.

Well there's this one guy adamw238 that saw my post about wanting C-taper Lite shafts and just happened to have some sitting in the corner at home and he proceeded to mail them to me for free. Amazing...

Also, when I missed the Bridgestone Championship at PGA National in 2014 due to some guy taking out the radar center, the partner I left alone, CAABeat, sent me a few really nice things from the event which I couldn't appreciate more.

Some incredible people on here.

Someone recently invited me to a course I would have otherwise never have gotten on....THANKS! THP is pretty much a never ending string of good will.

So many cases of it on here, and that makes this place truly special. Ill just say Kang hooked me up and many many others as well.

^
l
l
this guys paid my entry fee for this year's Pittsburgh invitational.

and just on the top of my head, a few shoutouts
CAA_Beat for doing what he does
Andy (Moosejaa) covered my round when we played together.
Smallville for reaching out to me in a tough time
Peter (O'Carroll) and Joe (Choppstixxx) for letting em use their mailboxes to save on shipping/taxes
Alex (OITW) with some great unexpected gifts
Jesse (Thecrest4) for brigning craft beer in OC (and rocking a nice Canadiens hat)
and more.

this place is awesome

Going to go with both captains at the Legacy, but specifically my captain Mr. Rickus :). Making the time and monetary commitment like that, not to mention all the work leading up to the event, was extremely appreciated and will never be forgotten. Especially given that they were non playing captains. Oh, and then on top of all that sacrifice, to provide a personalized remembrance like this just made it that much more remarkable.

coin_zpsksiivkh6.jpg

Icey sent me one of the towels from the first run a little while ago.

Kang's albatross club pay it forward deal last year is the tops for me.

Pretty sure this list would stretch for 1000+ pages if everything went on here. Wonderful folks on here. No doubt about that.

I would nominate sposey013168 for what he did at the unofficial Branson outing this year. I won't say the what/when/where of it in case he doesn't want it known, just know it was an incredible thing for someone to do.

I'm having a hard time answering this one. Every act of generosity that I have received has been so thoughtful that I wouldn't want to even create the appearance of not appreciating something.

Back