Arccos Now Available on Apple Watch

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Arccos Golf announces that its award-winning GPS + Live Shot Tracking + Tour Analytics platform will be available for Apple Watch when that product launches on April 24, 2015.

The free Arccos app for Apple Watch seamlessly interfaces with the complete Arccos system - 14 virtually weightless sensors that easily attach to the end of a club grip and are paired to the app just once via Bluetooth. It showcases a powerful feature set that includes GPS for nearly 20,000 courses across the U.S. and Canada, personalized club recommendations, shot editing and automatic score tracking.

While existing Arccos players will receive an automatic update for their iOS devices, a "30 Days Free" promotion will allow all Apple Watch users to experience the company's proprietary GPS system. This provides precise measurements to the front, middle and back of each green, and will be offered for a $19.99 annual subscription after the trial period.

"Our product has been so well received because of the focus we've placed on perfecting the user experience and delivering tremendously useful data," says Arccos CEO Sal Syed. "This latest iteration continues our mission of helping players unlock their Golf DNA and builds upon the excitement for the year's most anticipated piece of wearable technology."

Requiring no alterations to pre-shot routines, tapping or other hindrances to enjoyment and improvement, Arccos is among the first golf-specific apps offered for Apple Watch. Widely heralded as one of the game's most innovative and beneficial technologies, Arccos is endorsed by 2014 FedExCup Champion Billy Horschel who relies on the critical data Arccos instantly delivers, such as distances hit, club averages, driving accuracy, greens in regulation, sand saves, putts and more.

Also recently unveiled by Arccos are a suite of unmatched social features. These allow users to follow other players and receive round updates - including holes, stats and bests - directly to their social stream. Instructors and coaches can use this as a tool to "follow" players, instantly receiving their stats upon completing a round, or gathering valuable information on player performance via deep dives into statistics, past rounds, Tour Analytics and more.

Essential to the Arccos system, the Tour Analytics platform helps golfers identify patterns and refine tactics before, during and after each round. This was developed in conjunction with golf's most renowned statistician, Peter Sanders. Drawing from his work with PGA Tour star Zach Johnson and many others, it automatically breaks down a players' handicap into five key components - driving, approach, chipping, sand game and putting - helping golfers:

• Gain insight into what every shot means

• Understand exactly how each part of their game contributes to scoring

• Explore comparative data in each of the five components from golfers with the same handicap

• Evaluate patterns across their entire golf history, supporting refinement of on-course tactics

Now available at Apple Stores, select golf retailers and pro shops nationwide, and arccosgolf.com, Arccos is trusted by top instructors who rely on the system to help their students recognize and correct faults, such as club distance gaps, noticeable shot dispersion patterns and other problem areas.

2152186.jpg

So I guess if you are wearing the Apple Watch it eliminates the need to have your phone "on your body" for accurate readings....this could be a game changer for me.

That actually is pretty cool. Makes me want to start considering the apple watch, if I ever got an Arcoss.

I haven't been interested in the watch but this might change that so that it's not required to have the phone with me...would make it awkward to,also be wearing Tomtom golfer unless using a gps app on the watch.

There is no mention about the phone, so hopefully all clubs can be paired with the watch (or have the GPS location marked by the watch). Hopefully it's not just something like swingbyswing where the watch app gets all data from the phone.

There is no mention about the phone, so hopefully all clubs can be paired with the watch (or have the GPS location marked by the watch). Hopefully it's not just something like swingbyswing where the watch app gets all data from the phone.

That will be the really big question to ask......"Can I leave my phone in my bag or in the cart and get accurate readings from the watch alone?"

So confused with the data out there....i keep reading the watch has no GPS capabilities, which means it would require the phone to be nearby. And if the phone needs to be in your pocket, what advantage does the watch provide?

The Apple Watch doesn't have a built in GPS, so you'll still likely have to have the phone on you - you just won't have to look at it for distances.

So confused with the data out there....i keep reading the watch has no GPS capabilities, which means it would require the phone to be nearby. And if the phone needs to be in your pocket, what advantage does the watch provide?

Yeah, the more I read about the watch it says that the watch uses the phones GPS to track your location, so the phone would still need to be on your person, but you can view and edit stats on the watch.

Hi Folks: Exciting to see the discussions about the Arccos for Apple Watch app. To clarify, your phone will still need to remain on you for accurate GPS distances. The personalized club recommendations and an easier process to add or delete putts are two of the features we're excited to add to the experience.

As an apple geek, the Arccos is now atop my ponder list!

Awesome. The apple watch has been on my radar and so has a gps watch. I think this just made my decision to switch to apple that much easier. I am a fan of the arccos technology and what it could bring to my game.

Pretty cool because I don't own a golf watch. My phone will be in my bag so I don't see that being a problem. I said I was not going to use my Apple watch for golf but I will certainly try this out - $19.99 a year seems very reasonable.

I'm sure this is the first of many golf apps for the watch. These new watch apps are going to help create demand for the Apple Watch and the watch is going to make a whole new breed of Apps popular.

Hi Folks: Exciting to see the discussions about the Arccos for Apple Watch app. To clarify, your phone will still need to remain on you for accurate GPS distances. The personalized club recommendations and an easier process to add or delete putts are two of the features we're excited to add to the experience.
Excellent first post, welcome!!!

Distances, club, and gimmes are a really great use of the watch. You might also consider showing how many shots you've taken on the hole so you can see at a glance if you need to correct the putts. Those are all the things I might need to pull out my phone every hole for.

Good job guys!

And that confirms what I believed would happen eventually, that somebody would take their phone software, and allow a synched wearable to provide GPS distances. I expect to see more of this, but kudos to Arccos for being the first one to do it that I am aware of.

~Rock

I keep my phone in my pocket on the course anyways, so this is awesome. I'm gonna give the watch at least 6 months before I get one, but I've been wearing my FitBit on the course and it hasn't been too bad, so maybe I could wear the watch on the course without issue as well. This looks like a great product.

Color me unimpressed:

-Arccos still over priced @ $399.95
-Cheapest Apple watch @ $349.99
-Annual subscription @ $19.99
-Still have to keep phone on you

Sounds like an expensive proposition to me.

Color me unimpressed:

You can find brand new Arccos systems still in new packaging for under $300 on Ebay all day long.

You can find brand new Arccos systems still in new packaging for under $300 on Ebay all day long.

True but you can get a Game Golf for around $120. Only issue with that is the "wearing it and tagging it", biggest benefit is not having your phone on you. Not easy carrying around a iPhone 6+ in golf shorts.

If the Apple Watch Had GPS built into it and i could pair my clubs with the phone, I would totally buy the watch. Until that happens, I have no interest in the watch.

I LOVE ARCCOS! Best non-club investment i've made in my gadget.

Yep. What's the point of having the app available for the watch if I still have to have the phone in my pocket?

I don't understand how so many of you have an issue with having your phone in your pocket? I have a 6+ and keep it in my pocket all the time including while golfing. I don't see the big deal personally.

As for the GPS built into the watch, just wait until the next version and it will probably have that.

Color me unimpressed:

Might as well add the $600 iPhone to that price if you're going to add it up that way. Consider this a nice-to-have feature if you already own an Apple Watch, or maybe an additional incentive to buy one if you were going to buy one anyway and already own Arccos.

As for overpriced Arccos, that's a personal decision. It offers stuff nobody else does, the question of whether that extra stuff is worth the extra $200 is up to each individual.

For those who don't want a phone in your pocket, get a belt clip. Boom, Game Golf without the annoying tagging. You've got to carry a GPS on you somehow for any of these systems to work.

I don't understand how so many of you have an issue with having your phone in your pocket? I have a 6+ and keep it in my pocket all the time including while golfing. I don't see the big deal personally.

As for the GPS built into the watch, just wait until the next version and it will probably have that.
I hate playing with my phone on my body. It just bugs me.

Back