Callaway XR Pro Irons Review

Is it a better feel with f15? Better launch? Or just better everything :D

I'm preferring the slightly heavier weight, but more than that, I'm just getting a really repeatable ball flight that I can do a lot with in a much more "graphite feel" which I prefer. These aren't as high on the "steel feel with graphite tech" we are seeing become more popular and I'm finding I much prefer this. I'd honestly love to toy with a 120 set eventually just to see the flight comparisons.

These with a 120-130g graphite option may happen I was hitting the demos well just didn't like the weight of the tour-v in 90 they had in them, the 120g in x felt better weight wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still undecided on my set of XR Pros. They are about 5 yards longer than my normal gamers, but I am not in love with the look at address

These irons are on my short list to buy, waiting for a full fitting to decide but from what I've seen from a demo day and from the simulator I'm not sure anything can beat these.

I had been looking for new irons for a long time. Went for an iron fitting and narrowed it down to the the Apex and the XR pros. I decided on the XR pros and received them last week. 4 through A wedge with Nippon NS Pro Modus Tour 120 shafts in stiff. I have played 3 rounds with them and I am generally very happy with the new irons. They seem to be pretty forgiving and I can work the ball when needed. Struggling a little bit dialing in the distance with these new sticks but I guess that is to be expected. I played Eye 2's for over 25 years so this is a major change for me.

Good luck with your new clubs.

So...I miss these while they are on their Texas vacation. I've got other things to work on right now in the Hogans anyways, but I've been thinking about these a lot lately.

So...I miss these while they are on their Texas vacation. I've got other things to work on right now in the Hogans anyways, but I've been thinking about these a lot lately.

We are such weirdos.. Guess which irons I put in the bag at random for my round tonight?

We are such weirdos.. Guess which irons I put in the bag at random for my round tonight?

The wavelengths are scary at times.

They're just fun, a whole lot of silly fun.

Love them. I'm not pondering irons at the moment so take that as a sign of my love for them.

I need to put DG Pro's in mine. Soon.

Or Tour-V.

Or not. LOL

I demoed both the XR and XR pros at the weekend, loved the pros. First time in about a year of demoing lots of different irons that I have seen a significant enough improvement in performance to want to leave my 10 year old Mizuno MP60s behind. Only a couple of negatives in comparison, but too many positives not to go for them. Can't wait to get some time off work to be able to go for a proper fitting!

These are fantastic irons. I have a real hard time gaming a 160 yd pw though. Gives real challenges gapping the bottom end of the bag

I ´m having the same problems kc. Pondering the AW or a 46degree wedge.

These are fantastic irons. I have a real hard time gaming a 160 yd pw though. Gives real challenges gapping the bottom end of the bag

Did you really get the PW 160? XR or XR pro? That's crazy!

Jordan Spieth hit a 7 iron 240+ during the open.

Gentlemen choose your clubs wisely

Kang puts quite the move on the ball.

Xr pro and in altitude ;)
Kang puts quite the move on the ball.
We always forget the mile high elevation beefing up the yardage. In SD I was hitting it 154 ish, in Florida probably 145 lol

Will be happy times to have these back in hand tomorrow.

The only q becomes if I reshaft them before KC or not!

I just picked up a set of 5-AW with KBS Tour V shafts. They should be in no later then Wednesday so hopefully I can put a round in with them.

I just picked up a set of 5-AW with KBS Tour V shafts. They should be in no later then Wednesday so hopefully I can put a round in with them.

Nice!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts after you get them out and about.

I really think about Tour V's in these a LOT lately.

I'm delighted to have added the XR Pros to my bag. Traded in the X2 Hots which were really good too. I prefer the smaller head and the reduced offset.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

These.

They are so freaking fandamntastic I lack the proper time and space to type it all.

So happy they are home. So so so so happy. Stupid EASY and FILTHY distance.

These.

They are so freaking fandamntastic I lack the proper time and space to type it all.

So happy they are home. So so so so happy. Stupid EASY and FILTHY distance.

Agreed 100% I cannot see replacing them anytime soon

Back